It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Code red’: UN scientists warn “Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
My understanding is that 99% of scientists agree on two things.

Climate change will kill many if we don't stop consuming resources and COVID will kill many if we don't vaccinate.

Why not just skip the drama over vaccination and let the problems (that 99% of scientists agree on) solve themselves naturally? My understanding is that the unvaccinated are uneducated and generally horrible people. Why should all the good climate warriors have to restrict their consumption when the crappy anti-vaxers will surely all die off from COVID.

LOL

TruStTHEScIENcEBRo!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What are you going to say when all the chronic forest mismanagement that has led to these wildfires all over the world puts enough smoke into atmosphere to lower temps like Pinatubo?

I'm sure you'll blame climate change but for all the wrong reasons.

Just another example of how we are F*ing up planet earth.

We have messed up our fisheries, forrests, wild habitats, over farmed our land the list goes on.

Humanity has destroyed this planet, its about more than just the rising temps, we are a cancer on this planet, largly driven by greed.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I personally know, for a fact, that the impact that humanity has had on our enviroment is the biggest danger to mankind in its existance.

The same scientific community says you’re wrong.

The Rona is the biggest danger. They shut down the planet because of it.

BUT that should have been a huge help to the environment!

BUT after 17 months of shutdowns they’re saying the climate is worse than ever.

Oh what to do!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

orld leaders agreed then to try to limit warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) above levels in the late 19th century because problems mount quickly after that. The world has already warmed nearly 1.1 degrees Celsius (2 degrees Fahrenheit) since then.

But they just announce the Atlantic sea currant is nearly shut down and that will bring freezing cold..
Maybe everything will cancel each out.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You realize forest mismanagement was and has been done in the name of preservation right? The forests have been allowed to build up lots and lots of deadfall turning them into disasters waiting to happen and now they are.

These are ecosystems that evolved to burn periodically and that has been prevented in many cases.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I know I know I know -- So many Whistle Blowers so little time ...

edit on 9-8-2021 by NorthStreet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You realize forest mismanagement was and has been done in the name of preservation right? The forests have been allowed to build up lots and lots of deadfall turning them into disasters waiting to happen and now they are.

These are ecosystems that evolved to burn periodically and that has been prevented in many cases.

Yup totally stupid idea.

Planet more trees when really what they should be doing is preventing existing deforistation from continuing, let forests regrow natuarlly (perhapse a little proooning)

They do dumb crap like that because big oil won't let them hike up tax on fuel, won't let them shut down coal mines, won't let them start things like carbon taxes, won't let them force more efficency the list goes on and on. To fight climate change is going to take more than planting a few tress.

So yeah i agree with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Ummm...I know...right...?

After the coldest and wettest...July I've ever experienced...in 60 years...

And the coldest start to August as well...

I've had my freaking heat on for practically the last month...with nights in the low 50's and mid 40's...F...

So...sure...sure...yeah...yeah...do dangle from the "Anthropogenic Global Warming" teat some more...

The look suits you...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative."

H.G. Wells

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Well the covid scamongering work, globally soo now is time to test more propaganda and scaremongering, every body with an agenda have open hunting season

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

How am I standing on dry sedimentary rock right now? Do you think the location I'm in was dry and 600' above sea level when this rock was formed?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You didn't think they meant "nowhere to run, nowhere to hide" from the VIRUS, did you?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

... Every time you try to ignore climate change all you're really doing is supporting the elites and big oil.

You know, normally I disagree with every single word your bony little fingers type, but oddly enough (very odd indeed) there is an element of coincidental truth in your statement. Must be there's gonna' be an eclipse or something! LOL.

But here's what I can't seem to wrap my head around, so perhaps you can 'splain it to me. There's a whole army of elites out there who are all on the climate change soul train. Why is this? I mean you've got Dr. 'Evil' Gates, Rocketman Bezos, the Google Borg, the Apple Cult and so many more. Yes, they're not big oil, granted, but still they're big contributors, and they're still elites. And, they're all smart enough to know that, despite what they say publicly, they would all be doomed without fossil fuels. Bill Gates', Google and Apple's empires would all crumble in a single day if someone turned off the electricity or forced them to rely on renewable energy. Jeff Bezos' kingdom would burn to the ground in less than a day if someone shut off the gas pumps. Can you explain this? Because I can't. Honest question.

For my part, I'm not a climate change denier because I support big oil. I just don't believe in it. But that's not up for debate here, per your request.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yup totally stupid idea.

Planet more trees when really what they should be doing is preventing existing deforistation from continuing, let forests regrow natuarlly (perhapse a little proooning)

They do dumb crap like that because big oil won't let them hike up tax on fuel, won't let them shut down coal mines, won't let them start things like carbon taxes, won't let them force more efficency the list goes on and on. To fight climate change is going to take more than planting a few tress.

So yeah i agree with you.

Welp, there you go again...right back to your old bony fingered ways! LOL!

Yeah, they do it because of big oil...what a croc of effluent! No, what happens when you don't manage old growth is what happened in Yellowstone back in '88 when millions upon millions of acres burned. It's what happens here in CO just about every year anymore (although we don't have any super-fires yet this year...knock on wood).

And speaking of the Yellowstone fire, that fire put more greenhouse gases in the air than China could put into the atmosphere in a decade. Or the fires in Canada, or California. The fact that the old growth timber was not managed properly is indeed man's fault, but not because he cut down too many trees, but rather because he didn't cut down enough trees! And then we have other natural events like volcanoes which spew hundreds of millions of tons of toxic gases into the atmosphere, far worse than even China or anyone else can do. I guess the natives haven't been sacrificing enough virgins into the volcanoes lately. Those damn head shrinking savages!

So maybe you're right, climate change really is man made.

SMH

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

if all the ice on the planet melted,
sea level will rise only 230 feet.

I think its only 216 feet.

You do realise that many of the most populated cities in the world are on coastlines?

The expected responses from the usual suspects.

The thing is, whilst people sit around pointing fingers and playing the blame game, denying what is blatantly obvious, playing politics, sticking to their locked in perspectives and various other games of denial the cold hard hard truth is the world is approaching tipping point, for whatever reasons.

No amount of spin is going to alter the fact that the earths climate is changing and that human beings are contributing to that process.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm in Atlanta....not worried here. Make the countries that are actually causing the issues do something. It isnt like the earth hasn't gone through climate changes plenty of times in the past.

Oh, and our summer and winter here were both uneventful and mild all around.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

We just experienced one of the lowest travel, lowest production, lowest emission years in decades... that was global, impacted every nation on Earth... and they continue to harp on it not being enough DOOM AHEAD!!!

It seems like we are at a crossroads where those who believe in anthropomorphic global climate change have to decide something: "Do we live as modern humans and witness a 2 degree global temperature increase, dealing with the consequences as they arise OR do we all scrap the whole works, live in caves like savages, and witness a slightly lower than 2 degree temperature rise, having to deal with the consequences from a weakened position versus the current modern standard of living?"

Those of us who view this as a cycle recognize that no matter what we do and no matter what happens climate wise, the Earth will continue to rotate and survival of the fittest will continue on as it always has... there's no reason or rationale for humanity to pigeonhole itself into a less than fittest position to thrive through whatever nature brings our way. Keep the course, eff the fear over that course.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The expected responses from the usual suspects.

Yes, about what was expected, they never disappoint, well, ya, it is disappointing actually. The weather here, been some heatwaves well beyond any norm, 5-600 people died in the last one, a town burned down, lots of fires, lots of people on exac notice, or outright evaced, all this, beyond any previous norm..water will be the next thing fought over.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

OMG!...Someone please tell the Obama's their new $15M beach house is about to be under water.

Add in 500 people packed in a tent with no masks, no social distancing, no nothing...Must be good to be rich and outside of what they push for.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

People have been fighting over water since the early 1840's. Hence the old saying...

"Whisky's fer drinkin'...an' water's fer fightin'!"

edit on 8/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join