It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ugly truth concerning the rapture.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"The Left Behind" series got it wrong. You don't float up to heaven, you drop to the ground.

Having studied the scriptures, I can say that I can not believe the popular visual of the rapture being the body magically floating up into the sky like a helium filled blow up doll released near a church as a joke for a few reasons.

For one, in Hebrews 9:27 it is said, “and as it is laid up to men once to die, and after this — judgment,”.

We see later in scripture that two prophets of God are taken up into heaven without dying. In Hebrews 11:5 we see “By faith Enoch was translated—not to see death, and was not found, because God did translate him; for before his translation he had been testified to—that he had pleased God well” and then in 2nd Kings 2 we see “And it cometh to pass, at Jehovah’s taking up Elijah in a whirlwind to the heavens, that Elijah goeth, and Elisha, from Gilgal,”.

Then in Revelation we see two (unnamed) prophets descend to be witnesses for a bit of time, and even in glorified and powerful bodies they are then are murdered and left to rot. Why? Because it is appointed for man to die once and then be judged. Don’t worry about these two, they’re good.

Revelation 11:3-10 “I will give to My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy days, a thousand, two hundred, sixty, arrayed with sackcloth; these are the two olive [trees], and the two lamp-stands that before the God of the earth do stand; and if any one may will to injure them, fire doth proceed out of their mouth, and doth devour their enemies, and if any one may will to injure them, thus it behoveth him to be killed. These have authority to shut the heaven, that it may not rain rain in the days of their prophecy, and authority they have over the waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the land with every plague, as often as they may will. `And when they may finish their testimony, the beast that is coming up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them, and their dead bodies [are] upon the broad-place of the great city (that is called spiritually Sodom, and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified,) and they shall behold – they of the peoples, and tribes, and tongues, and nations – their dead bodies three days and a half, and their dead bodies they shall not suffer to be put into tombs, and those dwelling upon the land shall rejoice over them, and shall make merry, and gifts they shall send to one another, because these – the two prophets – did torment those dwelling upon the land.’”

I suggest that are the same two men as before, Enoch and Elijah, because they have not yet died as of the time of writing this.

So what will happen to those raptured? They simply die as their mind is uploaded to be with God. Note that Jesus does not descend at this point either.

Now another reason is that we do not see scripture show every automatically believe at this point. The rapture would be pretty hard to cover up if people were floating away like that kid on Willy Wonka. If an unspecified number of people floated away, it’s obvious. If these people suddenly drop dead, there will be explanations made up for non-believers to continue in their unbelief.

For this reason, I say the moments after the rapture will be a mess of dead bodies.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
it'll happen 'in the twinkling of an eye' so quick quick
I'd always figured our bodies would just disintegrate or be taken up and changed on the way, but all the dead bodies left behind not impossible.

there's a theory that the event itself will cause a Carrington event.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, that's possible. After all, the fictional Avengers Endgame was a luciferin retelling of the book of Revelation. That puts Thanos as Jesus, and there we see bodies disintegrating. Now I wonder who would the world send to stop the rapture? In the film, The Avengers were sent, in the real world, the armies of the World.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And many Christians believe the rapture is nonsense, dreams from a child’s mind
What if it’s not true, will your faith fail?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Now another reason is that we do not see scripture show every automatically believe at this point. The rapture would be pretty hard to cover up if people were floating away like that kid on Willy Wonka. If an unspecified number of people floated away, it’s obvious. If these people suddenly drop dead, there will be explanations made up for non-believers to continue in their unbelief.

That other way never made sense to me. The Rapture comes with people floating off into space and meanwhile everyone else that is still hanging around going on about their business. So yeah, if any of it is true in the first place, your idea here makes much more sense than the floating away scenario.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge
Rapture is about the individual being lifted away......
All that's actually lifted away is the illusion of separation...
So no one actually dies......no one was ever born.

There is just this.....there has never been any thing separate.

There's just this....that is.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Have you heard the one about the blow up dolls full of helium being released next to a church on Sunday?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
"There's no you, cuz there's only This."

edit on 9-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

Well just to point out who the Witnesses are. They are the branches of Zechariah.

From what you posted.

Revelation
these are the two olive [trees], and the two lamp-stands that before the God of the earth do stand

From Zechariah.

Zechariah 3
8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

Zechariah 4
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Zechariah 6
10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;
11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

One of the Branches is Joshua the son of Josedech when the 2nd temple was rebuilt. The other Branch will be revealed when the 3rd temple is rebuilt. Now as far as Enoch and Elijah were concerned that is still a maybe however.

We know Jesus Christ claimed that Elijah came back as John the Baptist who was killed by Herod at the request of Salome and her mother. That proves that reincarnation is possible. At least for prophets of God. So you may be correct but the Bible contains no proof of that at least for Enoch. As far as I can tell as of now.

Oh, and just to bring it up. The book of Malachi mentions that the Lord has 2 messengers.
Malachi 3
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

If John the Baptist/Elijah was the 2nd Branch then it would seem that "messenger" and "messenger of the covenant" are alternate titles for them.

But it would seem the 2 Witnesses of Revelation may well be all of the above here.

Oh, and for Revelation itself I would say much if not all of it is referencing back to various old testament stories and prophesies. Trick is to figure out the cross-references. The Whore of Babylon can be found in Zechariah Btw.
edit on 9-8-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I can't really say what the transition will be like but Ido know I have a more unique body on the other side.
I don't see any purpose in any human carrying their body beyond this realm but its what so many have come to identify themselves as.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm a pan-millennialist

It will all pan out in the end

Doesn't matter to me how it happens

We are all going to die, fact, undeniable fact

So it doesn't matter to me how or when

I won't be here anyway if/when the rapture happens

Most importantly, I'll be in another dimension where there is lots of love

We know heaven isn't above us, so the only other choice is another dimension,
hope to see you all there.

Yep, TPTB will call it the "Christian virus" spread by contact with Christians.

They have now conditioned the entire world to fear the virus so much they want to stop the unvaccinated from being able to buy and sell, like the legislation in NY and CA. Ohhh, sound familiar? www.msn.com...

Glad my vaccine wasn't in my hand or forehead.
Really worry when vaccine passports are tattooed or injected in your right hand or on your forehead.
Then it's time to gather the family and turn yourself in for beheading, quick and guaranteed to land you in the best dimension ever!

edit on 8/9/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

My concern is that these are the only two who did not die while it is appointed for every man to die once. Then the rapture, shouldn't they also be also apointed, as is "every" man, even Christ himself died once before ascending. I think the death of these two witnesses ties up that loose end. But don't take what I say as scripture, only as the voice of one typing on the internet.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: starshift
I can't really say what the transition will be like but Ido know I have a more unique body on the other side.
I don't see any purpose in any human carrying their body beyond this realm but its what so many have come to identify themselves as.

Amen, I could not have said it better.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The rapture is not limited to what is said in the bible, that was a haphazard way of interpretting how things will go once the reality we live in is gone.

Remember this, the supreme collective consciousness of everything can alter the reality of this planet at will, utilizing the local part of it to accomplish this. This planet has a colllective consciousness of all life it contains, a local presence of god. That is the part we are supposed to be concerned of. If we alter that collective consciousness it will cause a disruption of everything, with some parts being more important than others. Like the bees that polinate the flowers, they are needed and we should be paying attention to god to make sure we do not mess up what god has created. We were stripped of immortality because we disobeyed simple rules, we would eventually disrupt that local consciousness if billions of people started living longer and got entitled and destroyed the ecosystem of the whole planet. We were supposed to be caretakers of this planet, part of the whole picture with a specific job to do. But instead we are destroying the garden of Eden we live in. Maybe not quite as nice as the one Adam and Eve lived in but it still is a great place to learn to work as one with everything.

In heaven there would be strict rules. We would be in the real world, not this reality that was created by an extremely sofisticated entity that we call god. This is a place where our souls or spirits are tested to see if they are worthy or compatible with an extremely peaceful society of beings we cannot totally comprehend. This and everything we observe could be an illusion, a school to find out if we can make the grade to get to the promised land. This reality may not actually be real, we would never know it living inside of it. We do not need bodies to exist, at least not as we know them. Think of how a civilization that was thousands of years more advanced than us could train their young, even before they are born or created. We could be interacting with an entity, sort of like a super computer, to test if we could fit into a civilization so advanced and peaceful that those who did not pass the test would not be able to be born or to continue living in their plane of existence. We are here to be tested. Just believing or fearing god is not enough, you can go to church every week and still not make it if your heart is not pure. Are they going to want someone with negativity in heaven...hell no, that is reserved for hell. Are they going to want people who cannot get along with others in Heaven, members of their society....again no.

Next, is the angel that is testing us evil? I doubt it, that would be like saying your teacher is evil if you flunk your tests and do not pass in school. He tempts us, not forces us to take his bait. Like it says in the bible, not many souls make it to heaven. Enjoy this life we are blessed to be allowed to live. Enjoy yourself but be very cautious that climbing the ladder to get ahead does not mean you are stepping on everyone's heads to get to the top. You can respect your workers or colleges at work and still work your way up the ladder, people who think they are better than others because of wealth and prestige they have gained are in trouble when it comes to getting into heaven. The collective consciousness sees and hears everything, we are a part of it just like anything live is. That consciousness influences if the bacteria bites us, god is a very powerful being. Of course, if we piss off the bacteria, their collective consciousness will retaliate, just like every cell in our body works together to create us, microbes can work together too. Our cells do not talk to each other, they share signals and utilize chemical reactions and chemical signaling along with the frequencies that this body creates.

Whatever created life forms is amazing, I do believe in god, and I do believe there is something more than what science says there is. Although most scientists do believe in god because there is no way that science can explain how things are working out.

Does it matter what god's name is? For those who want power to control things, maybe it is necessary. For me, I just want to finish the test, I do not need to know the name of the head of the department of education of the kingdom of god.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Check out Hilton Hotema. He writes extensively on this.

Mans Higher Consciousness and dozens of other highly recommended books he wrote.

Krist = Crism Oil. It rides up two candlesticks aka spine back into Heaven ( your head ).

It's literally all in your mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Good thinking. I will say that when I got the vaccine they did not require me to reject Christ to get it. Although we may be needing it to buy or sell soon, ваши документы.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge

Have you heard the one about the blow up dolls full of helium being released next to a church on Sunday?

Oh, those. The ones the US government called ''weather balloons''.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Probably will say that. Here's another thought, Revelation 19:19. What does the general tell his army when going to literal war with God?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge
Having studied the scriptures, I can say that I can not believe the popular visual of the rapture being the body magically floating up into the sky like a helium filled blow up doll released near a church as a joke for a few reasons.

I can see why you wouldn't believe the "popular visual" of bodies magically floating up into the sky. Especially if you have studied the Bible. For that description is not part of the Bible. If you'll read John 20:19, you'll see that the Disciples were in a locked room and Jesus came and stood in their midst. He just appeared out of nothing. And of course that implies that where he had been just before that, he suddenly disappeared and was at that place no longer. He didn't float away, he was just suddenly not there. That sounds an awful lot like Jesus knew how to use science to his advantage and could "beam" himself to different places to save time. Almost like the transporters on Star Trek.

It talks about the rapture in Matthew 24:40, it says "two shall be in the field, one shall be taken and the other left." And in the following verse 41, it says "two women shall be grinding at the mill, one shall be taken and the other left." Elsewhere in the Bible it talks about this transformation as being in "the blink of an eye."

So that's why at the moment of the Rapture, Christians won't "float up to the heavens," they will just disappear in "the blink of an eye." Yes, it could potentially leave the world in turmoil. But, don't you think that Satan will have an excuse ready to deny that a "rapture" took place? Of course he will. And I believe my late father was right when he said the story will be that these people were "abducted by aliens." He was saying that since the early 1970s. Satan's lie will fool a lot of people, because as we can see in this day and age especially, there are a whole lot of gullible people willing to listen to anything they are told by governments and media.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Now that I have no argument against, and you give good reasoning. Whatever the case, it seems to be missed by the world at large. How will the government (of which I assume will still be fully functioning after the rapture) explain a few missing and/or dead people?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join