It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blockchain and the Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

It is my understanding that no Christian church represents the Bible truthfully and accurately. And, they will do everything in their power to stop people from spreading accurate interpretations of the Bible. Their very lives depend on not ever allowing a true and accurate representation of ancient writings such as the Bible to see the light of day.

I believe your understanding is flawed. The Southern Baptists are probably the most accurate and don't do "everything in their power to stop people from spreading accurate interpretations of the Bible." We teach that you must be born again. Which is something The Bible is mainly focused on. I would be willing to listen to your thoughts about the Southern Baptists, though. Or even talk about them with you through messaging.

Nanner-nanner-nanner. The Mormons are probably the most accurate because some angel named Moroni went and clarified what Jesus meant after everyone had taken so much literary license with his previous versions. Then he gave the clarifications to another guy who wrote a whole book on the subject. It's called...The Book of Mormon. The Mormons don't do everything in their power to stop people from spreading the truth either. In fact, they encourage you to read the Bible in whatever version du jour. We teach that....wait a minute, I'm not Mormon; what am I saying? I say this only to illustrate a point.

Thanks, but I have no desire to discuss Southern Baptists or any other faith and/or have someone try to show me why their way is the right way. Thanks all the same. My religion would probably make heads explode, which is why I seldom weigh in on religious threads. But this one was rather interesting, hence my input.
edit on 8/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The Southern Baptist’s were definetly not the first to call out Catholics on infant baptism, that happened in Europe a century or a few before the Southern Baptist’s came along and as for the common man reading, that was Martin Luther, mid 1500s

Thank you for just furthering my points here so far.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
How about Christians agree to tolerate diversity in non-salvanic issues, and unite under salvanic issues.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

The bible is focused on being born again, really, prove it
Show me some evidence, that’s absolutely ludicrous to suggest

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I understand where you are coming from. As I take it, A large portion of the old testament was fortellig the arrival of the Messiah, and the Messiah said to die to yourself and be born again to God.
edit on 9.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The bible with all its errors is a bit like a gps in your car, only as good as the programmers but, if it leads a person to living the life Jesus commanded, loving people, it’s done it’s job

What, exactly, did Jesus command, and where is this documented with absolute certainty?

I remember when car navigation first come out, they took you on some strange detours, got to our destination but never simply as knowing the road

Interesting paradoxical allegory. They did indeed take you on some strange detours. However, the destination was always a known end-point. Not so with religion. The destination end-point is based on a belief system, and there are many. To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever proven any of these destinations right, and no one has ever proven any of these destinations wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The bible with all its errors is a bit like a gps in your car, only as good as the programmers but, if it leads a person to living the life Jesus commanded, loving people, it’s done it’s job

I remember when car navigation first come out, they took you on some strange detours, got to our destination but never simply as knowing the road

Eh, as Ecclesiastes 1:9, there is nothing new. Dash-mounted turn-by-turn navigation in the 1930's.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

It is my understanding that no Christian church represents the Bible truthfully and accurately. And, they will do everything in their power to stop people from spreading accurate interpretations of the Bible. Their very lives depend on not ever allowing a true and accurate representation of ancient writings such as the Bible to see the light of day.

I believe your understanding is flawed. The Southern Baptists are probably the most accurate and don't do "everything in their power to stop people from spreading accurate interpretations of the Bible." We teach that you must be born again. Which is something The Bible is mainly focused on. I would be willing to listen to your thoughts about the Southern Baptists, though. Or even talk about them with you through messaging.

Nanner-nanner-nanner. The Mormons are probably the most accurate because some angel named Moroni went and clarified what Jesus meant after everyone had taken so much literary license with his previous versions. Then he gave the clarifications to another guy who wrote a whole book on the subject. It's called...The Book of Mormon. The Mormons don't do everything in their power to stop people from spreading the truth either. In fact, they encourage you to read the Bible in whatever version du jour. We teach that....wait a minute, I'm not Mormon; what am I saying? I say this only to illustrate a point.

Thanks, but I have no desire to discuss Southern Baptists or any other faith and/or have someone try to show me why their way is the right way. Thanks all the same. My religion would probably make heads explode, which is why I seldom weigh in on religious threads. But this one was rather interesting, hence my input.

"Nanner-nanner-nanner." Did you type that, or did some six year old child hijack your keyboard?

I firmly believe that Mormons are evil. Have you ever read the first Sherlock Holmes novel, "A Study In Scarlet?" It goes into great detail of early Mormon behaviour and it wasn't good. Now, to a real-life analogy. When my family lived in Southern Arizona in the early 1970s, the Mormon elders came to my dad, who had a one-man electric motor shop that was doing real well. They said that if he would become an elder in their church, (he was Southern Baptist), he would get so much business that he would have to hire 10 guys to do all the extra work. Or.... if he didn't join the Mormon church, they would starve him out of business. In 1974, my family had to move back to Southern Illinois because they backed up their threat and ruined his business. So, don't talk to me about The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. (AKA Mormons.)

And true, most unsaved people don't want to talk about religion. What else is new?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I went to college in Utah, and I also worked there. I know exactly how the Mormons operate. I'm not Mormon, so believe me, I know. It is precisely why I wrote what I did. You apparently missed this. It was an illustration of how many people proselytize their religion as being the "right" one, no matter how ridiculous or crazy it may be. The Westboro Baptist church also think their religion is the right way too. Hell, David Koresh and Warren Jeffs thought they were prophets for cripes sakes; they KNEW their religion was the right way!

Now, I'm not suggesting that Southern Baptists are anything like these guys, but the point remains, all/most members of a given faith believe theirs is the right one. It's right for them.

My next door neighbors are Mormons (don't live in UT anymore, but CO). One day I see this van pull up in the drive, and about 12 of them roll out of this van, all dressed up. This guy has like 10 kids. I'm sitting there watching in disbelief. They come up and knock on the door, I open it and they're all acting like they don't know who I am. They live right next door, less than 1/2 mile away; they know exactly who I am! (I'm the guy who shows up over at their place with a .44 strapped to his hip telling them if their kids accidentally ricochet one more round into my cows in the pasture I'm gonna' be returning fire...and I won't miss!) Anyway, they start down the path of evangelizing LDS. I interrupt. I'm waving my hands back and for like stop! I said..."Mick (the ol man's name is Mick)...Mick...STOP! Don't stand there and act like you don't know who I am, like this is some hut in Guatemala and you're some missionary on his mission here to save me from the boogey man, okay? Just stop! Now load up your brood and drive back over there to your house, okay? I'm NOT interested!"

I think you can pretty well rest assured I'm not preaching LDS to you, nor any other religion. I only used it as a counter example.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Fun fact: Battlestar Galactica is based on the Morman faith.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I did not know this.

Really? Never was much of a BG fan, so I don't know much about the show.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I think that the Evangelical Free Church is going that way.
I read an article that popped up. Don't know why.

=======
Now I remember. I was looking up Millennialism.
Evangelical Free Church goes by “major on the majors” and “minor on the minors.”
See: EFCA Now Considers Premillennialism a Non-Essential
edit on 9-8-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So don’t play
No one is forcing you, don’t believe then don’t believe

Jesus gave His followers one law, go and love

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So don’t play

Well, that and the entire old testament apart from animal sacrifice which he did replace with his own body, and did not really abolish.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
Matthew 5:7

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

So don’t play

Who said I don't believe? I sure didn't say that! Don't put words in my mouth!

What I believe you cannot possibly understand.

I'm not telling you what you believe is wrong or right. In fact, I'm not telling you anything about religion, mine or yours. I have not said one single thing on this thread about what is right or wrong to believe. I have, however, tried to point out some things which should make anyone of faith ask questions. And, if it is wrong to ask questions then it is not a true faith. I'm talking about "hard" questions here, not just simple stuff.

I absolutely believe in God. Look back over my many thousands of posts here and see how I referred to the slang expression of that. You will see that in almost every instance I referred to a slang reference as "Gawd".

What I believe in you are not capable of understanding. My religion governs all religions, even Islam. God isn't about man. Mankind is unimaginably selfish to believe that God is about man. Walk outside and look over your head. Do you even understand any of what you see? How could anyone be so selfish to think that God has placed so much stock in some little rock which orbits a tiny star in some distant place in some tiny galaxy which the Universe never even heard of???

When I say thanks to God I know it is but a million trillion billion other voices, and I don't expect mine to be heard, but I say thanks all the same.

My spirituality is beyond your comprehension. You talk about some book, written by disciples of a man nearly 500 years after he died, and you cite this book as "truth", but you can't even tell me which book it is, or which one is the real one. Your entire belief system revolves around what one man allegedly said, 500 years after the fact.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus was a just and honorable man. That he gave his life for our sins and transgressions, is something for which there is no debate in my mind. But Jesus realized something that no book will ever tell you, and every translation will obfuscate. God is bigger than all of us, bigger than all the Universe, and mankind is just a simple experiment, on some tiny non-distinct planet, along the way, imperfect as we are.

The simple fact is this, religion for mankind is nothing more than a way to deal with fear of the unknown. People fear the unknown, and religion gives them piece of mind about facing it. Sadly, organized religion is also about money. So, they will gladly pay to have their fears assuaged. Deny it if you will, but it's true. No "church" could survive without it.

I have no doubt these words will anger you and others, but they are true.

The method in which people choose to worship God matters not to me. The end result is the same. I have no misgivings about what you believe or how you believe it, and what faith you choose to observe it with. Just don't ever accuse me of not believing, because my belief in God might just explode your brain!

No, I know God, omnipotent as he/she/it may be.

And though you may think I mock you, I really don't. I only ask you to show me the 'one' book which has the truth of what Jesus really thought and said. I would be truly interested to read it. However, as I have noted previously, I don't believe that text exists, nor will it ever exist.

God bless you.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Just a parting note - The one issue I do have with organized religion is when people start killing others because those others don't believe the same way they do. That violates just about every single word from any prophet you can think of. Jesus never asked for that. Mohammed never asked for that. Vishnu, nor any other, asked for that.

Only man thought killing others for their beliefs was appropriate.

The Crusades went on for nearly two centuries. Muslims have been at war with the Jews for nearly 2,000 years. And the list goes on. No organized religion is exempt.

None of this is what God truly wanted. But perhaps God did want it. Maybe it was just another part of the experiment, like the dinosaurs or the early forms of man. Maybe there is something bigger in store, but we will be powerless to influence it, despite our arrogance and selfishness.

Silly humans, tricks are for kids!

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   

When you kill someone for not believe in what offers salvation, God holds you accountable for their blood. You're supposed to save people, not condemn them to hell

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Thank you for your response, still, believe or don’t
I am not forcing anyone to believe what I do

As for God and if HeShe cares for us, have a look outside, above and inwards, seems it’s all made for us to me
I won’t mock you, you don’t make me angry, totally get why people don’t like churches and Christians, not my favorite people either

I actually believe the bible, it doesn’t pretend people are nice, doesn’t pretend, like people, it’s not nice but, it does teach God loves us like children. It’s very clear what Jesus taught, God values us (not sure why either), He wants us to value each other, that’s it

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge

So don’t play

Well, that and the entire old testament apart from animal sacrifice which he did replace with his own body, and did not really abolish.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
Matthew 5:7

No, only one law, Moses gave the OT laws to the Hebrews, I am not a part of that Mosaic covenant, I am part of the Christ covenant
Jesus didn’t abolish the Mosaic covenant, the Old Testament laws, He just offered Christians a new covenant in Him if we choose the new Christ covenant. The Mosaic law stands, I in Jesus stand outside the Mosaic covenant, in the Christ covenant
Mosaic laws are irrelevant to me
Love is the law

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I don't think you're understanding me.

It's not that I don't believe in the Bible, I do, but which one? And, I have no issue with Christians or any other derivative thereof.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join