It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blockchain and the Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nope, this post is not about Revelation or any new one-world currency. This is in fact not about currency at all. The blockchain method is so much more valuable than just banking software.

Perhaps it would be wise to quickly go over what Blockchain is before explaining what it has to do with the Bible. Blockchain is a method of verifying the integrity of data through the use of multiple distributed, non-centralized, records. You can then get a copy and match it with other copies to make sure that yours is correct. This is important in preventing hackers from simply claiming that they have x amount of money when it comes to non-centralized banking with systems like Bitcoin.

Ok, that’s banking, but what about the Bible? So the Bible is a collection of documents, 66 of them, inspired by God and useful for humans to gain understanding. How do we know that our copies are legitimate representations of the original texts. After all, they’ve been translated across languages and copied from copies. How do we know that our copies are any good?

Back when Christianity started to spread, there were bad copies which people altered to gain power, money, control, and carryout other corrupt goals. However others had copies of the same book which were different. All you had to do was compare your copy to a number of other copies to see which was false and which were legitimate. This is exactly how blockchain works, only your soul is worth more than a Bitcoin.

Furthermore, this also shows us one aspect of how we know we can trust the English (or other language) copies of other copies of Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew documents. This may not convince you to believe, but it’s strong evidence that you have the correct source material to build your faith on.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

only your soul is worth more than a Bitcoin.

for now!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You are saying that more copies is proof of truth? You are making the argument that the one with the better and faster copier is the one spreading the truth just because of the number of copies? You can tell a lie so many times even you will beleave it.

Be vary carful with this argument you are using here, your proof of correctness is to others only more proof of lies.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The whole Bible is already on the blockchain.

Not sure why your post needs to add anything to that.

It's done.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

More like evidence of reliability in a document than proof of a concept. I'm not using this to prove the Bible true, only to show that it is likely the same scriptures the earliest Christians were using.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So you are only saying the new copy is the same is the old copy without going into is it the truth or not. Why make a thread in this as you are proving nothing and not providing any new information?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Interesting OP.

...your soul is worth more than a Bitcoin.

Depends on who you talk to.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, your entire life is worth $20 to Mark Zuckerberg (look that up) but to Jesus it was worth dying for.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It is my understanding that no Christian church represents the Bible truthfully and accurately. And, they will do everything in their power to stop people from spreading accurate interpretations of the Bible. Their very lives depend on not ever allowing a true and accurate representation of ancient writings such as the Bible to see the light of day.

Interesting subject.

Some people, quite a few actually, have dedicated their entire lives to spinning the interpretations of ancient Aramaic to suit their particular church or religious preachings.

edit on 8/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Mark Zuckerberg's head isn't worth $20 dollars, but I'll give you $20 dollars for it...if you send it to me in a box!

My previous post (the one you responded to) was a joke BTW.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That's why my advice for new Christians is to stop listening to a church temporarily, and read the Bible cover to cover. Then any issues they have, pray for understanding and read it again, and do word studies along the way. Then go back to church if it's inline with what you have been shown.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
One more problem. A long time ago in a land far away lived what we’ll call the “Katha-holics” and they chose which books were good to them and which were bad, then made a bunch of copies. Find me all the books! Then put em on the internets fer me..haha

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge

That's why my advice for new Christians is to stop listening to a church temporarily, and read the Bible cover to cover.

Which one?? And don't come back with..."There is only one."...because you know that's not true.

Then any issues they have, pray for understanding and read it again, and do word studies along the way. Then go back to church if it's inline with what you have been shown.

No argument...provided they have read a true and literal translation of the ancient writings, and I don't believe one of these exists, or ever will exist.

ETA - You might want to take that star back. My full post didn't post correctly on the 1st try.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

In the non-denominational world, we call this a "Buffet Style Christian". I'll take a little John but hold the Leviticus and let's not have any Genesis 1-11 either. Granted not all of the bible is a salvanic issue, but if you weaken the basis of your faith, what do you have to lean on?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Except my faith is founded on Jesus not a book

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The bible with all its errors is a bit like a gps in your car, only as good as the programmers but, if it leads a person to living the life Jesus commanded, loving people, it’s done it’s job

I remember when car navigation first come out, they took you on some strange detours, got to our destination but never simply as knowing the road

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

It is my understanding that no Christian church represents the Bible truthfully and accurately. And, they will do everything in their power to stop people from spreading accurate interpretations of the Bible. Their very lives depend on not ever allowing a true and accurate representation of ancient writings such as the Bible to see the light of day.

I believe your understanding is flawed. The Southern Baptists are probably the most accurate and don't do "everything in their power to stop people from spreading accurate interpretations of the Bible." We teach that you must be born again. Which is something The Bible is mainly focused on. I would be willing to listen to your thoughts about the Southern Baptists, though. Or even talk about them with you through messaging.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

edit on 8/9/2021 by Klassified because: not really on topic

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

It is my understanding that Southern Baptists were one of the first to call out the Catholics on baptism, and the common man understanding the scriptures for themselves. I can't argue with that. Other denominations have good in them too.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The Southern Baptist’s were definetly not the first to call out Catholics on infant baptism, that happened in Europe a century or a few before the Southern Baptist’s came along and as for the common man reading, that was Martin Luther, mid 1500s

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join