It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blockchain and the Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

To me the bible, most of them at the least, they are maps, leading people to a treasure, that treasure is Jesus. Seems like many people are more interested in the map than the treasure
How you follow that map is your choice

Funnily enough, I find christians false, shallow and judgemental
That’s my opinion

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

I agree with you, but somehow I detect you may not be agreeing with me. But maybe I'm reading too much into your statement.

I'm not sure I really want to get into a debate about the rights and wrongs of the Crusades, if that's where you were headed. I've had that debate in the past and it usually doesn't go well and everyone winds up mad. Besides, it's way off-topic anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I guess my only comment would be; the Bible, the document, is what the OP and this thread are all about. So, in this respect, it very much is about the 'map' as you say it. And, the OP posits that, like blockchain, the validity of the document can be ascertained by by the number of most similar copies. My counter to this was, how do we know the document we have the most similar copies of is an original as intended by the source, Jesus?

Beyond this I have no comment or opinion.

edit on 8/10/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

And my reply, believe or don’t
Irrespective, not many people back then would have accepted the letters, the story if they didn’t see it with their own eyes, would not have accepted the belief in Jesus
The bible didn’t show up for some 400 odd years after His resurrection, just letters and gospel accounts, prior, would have been eyewitness accounts

The gospel of Jesus, unlike anything ever

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I don't understand your reply.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The crusades were a land and money grab, no more no less. About securing the Silk Road, Africa and Asia to Europe
Just did it in the name of christianity, Jesus died, never got involved in politics, never forced His word, never taught force either, though He didn’t like the religious people of that time much, maybe not today either

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
I know exactly how the Mormons operate.

Then, I misread you and I apologise.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

No worries, we're good!

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

This is awesome, people getting heated over a passionate discussion of faith and then getting along in the end. More people need to learn this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join