It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Bacon for Californians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: yuppa

That was the same logic slave owners held. Slaves only knew being a slave. They're happy, they know nothing else! They're too stupid to do anything but slave work. They wouldn't even like freedom!

You're okay with animals suffering because we have dumbed them down and broken their spirits.

And that's okay? The logic of you pro-factory farm people is ridiculous.

Fine.

Then don't eat bacon.

*shrugs*

It just leaves more for me.

Just don't mandate that I can't eat it, 'kay?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

Maybe some will lose their jobs. You can't keep everything the same if you want to change how the system is run.

Plenty of other affordable options for protein too.

Some breast cancers thrive on phytoestrogens like soy, so for many survivors, are to be avoided.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

I meant like any protein (including meat) other than pork.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No one is mandating that you can't eat bacon. People are pushing for slightly better living conditions. If companies refuse to abide and create better conditions then that their choice.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I look forward to the state self correcting as the folks who voted for this realize their mistake and move away.

Well, we need a list of all the people who leave California and all their new addresses so we can keep tabs on the communists. I think we can all agree Mccarthyism was not such a bad thing..

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No one is mandating that you can't eat bacon. People are pushing for slightly better living conditions. If companies refuse to abide and create better conditions then that their choice.

If you're mandating for something that will impact regular folks eating bacon then yes, you are mandating what people can and cannot eat.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

O dear god... Fat californians may not be able to afford the wendy's baconator because those fascist lefties have the audacity to mandate better living conditions.

What is the world coming to! Our freedom to be cheaply fat is being taken away!

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Since you've lost the argument, you chose to mock fat people instead.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I didn't lose, there is just no point of taking the conversation seriously when the other person doesn't care about animal ethics.

And why do i mention being fat? Because youd have to be overweight to argue for animal cruelty in favor of cheap bacon.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Eventually, Californians will have to come to terms with their own ferocity in their battle against...well, I'm not sure what they are battling. The firefighters say they can't do the necessary controlled burns because of red tape or something. Everything seems to cause cancer over there for some reason (there's a common thread there I swear it). BTW, won't making pig farmers use more space for the pigs increase their carbon footprint somehow? Also, pigs have been known to eat people. Won't the extra space just give them more confidence?

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I didn't lose, there is just no point of taking the conversation seriously when the other person doesn't care about animal ethics.

And why do i mention being fat? Because youd have to be overweight to argue for animal cruelty in favor of cheap bacon.

My family used to slaughter hogs every Fall. Pretty much every word you've typed in this thread on this topic has been utter hog# in my opinion... BUT I don't live in a state that's even remotely likely to pass one of these stupid laws like CA did. Truth be told, very few US states are that stupid. Furthermore, I don't particularly care if Californicators can't obtain affordable pork because, as I said earlier, less rats = more cheese for me. In other words, none of this will matter and pig production (and consumption) will continue unaffected by the misplaced idiocy of the "poor widdle animals" cult. Cali is taking a stand pointlessly and ineffectively, only hurting themselves in the process.
edit on 4-8-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: detroitnative

I look forward to the state self correcting as the folks who voted for this realize their mistake and move away.

Well, we need a list of all the people who leave California and all their new addresses so we can keep tabs on the communists. I think we can all agree Mccarthyism was not such a bad thing..

While I sometimes share the sentiment, I detest lists.

We must find a better way.

And leave the lists to fascist democrats.

And CCP.

edit on 4-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I think this thinking is equitable to Mccarthyism.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I think this thinking is equitable to Mccarthyism.

Well yes it is. If Mccarthyism was allowed to continue we would not see the destruction of our country today. I am all for Mccarthyism. It is nothing compared to what the left is doing to our country so I fully support a return to Mccarthyism.

I doubt we will get there though. I do expect to see a violent swing to the right at some point in the future and on a greater scale than we saw from BLM/Antifia. When they spend the country into oblivion and our economy is left in ruins, where are all those guns and ammo going to go?

Idle hands and all that..

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder if I can buy pork bellies somewhere around here to make my own bacon.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Not remotely.

Bacon is a good way to flavor a food and we make free use of it for that reason, but I don't like spending 7 to 10 bucks/ package for food seasoning.

PS - None of us here is fat.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And the leftists voted for these people!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know what DBCowboy.....I used to think that. But it's more than that. They don't just vote for these leaders. They ARE the leaders. Birds of a feather and all that, at least the majority.

From what I know of the Hispanic population, they eat a LOT of pork. Mass exodus from CA? I think the reduction of pork products alone might do it lol. Meh, the state of California will probably introduce a bill to subsidize pork importers.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join