It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Bacon for Californians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow I am quite surprised by the mockery and total absence of reason here. California can be just stupid as a rooster with socks on but cmon, the meat industry, vegetarian or not, has got to be one of if not thee most vile and evil practice on the face of the earth.the fact it is now 2021 and any of the sick practices are allowed or a country that believes itself the most advanced can still turn a blind eye to plastic bars for cows so they bulk up sedentary and never are able to move, all metal taken from their reach lest they lick it for iron and become able to stand during their lifetime. Chickens beaks removed melting them off with hot wire. Farm animals, all herbivores, fed the pureed dead bodies of the males born leading to endless disease and genetic deformity. Sorry but I'm not sorry. This is so too little too late and it's a real shame something so small is all we have to celebrate for years of this being allowed. We are talking about the treatment of living souls bred into torture from minute one to slaughter...like a slave trade but extra cruel and merciless since it's ok as long as they cant speak human language and tell us what one all know they are feeling. Suddenly it's like someone turned off the enlightenment in here.
edit on 8/1/2021 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Would there be better regulations that would still create better conditions for pigs?

I don't have empathy for poor Californians who can't afford cheap pigs. There is plenty of other meat and veggie proteins.

It's not like pork is the only source of protein in Cali. If it has to cost more to be more ethical than so be it.

We should be aiming for a better earth. Not a fatter America.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I care about people and animals.

We shouldn't be taking options from people's plates with onerous regulation.

Your lack of empathy is noted.

You should realize that empathy is a problem-solving skill. Maybe we should show more empathy and attempt to bridge the obvious gaps.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If a better solution is available im all for it. I just don't see how pork is a necessity though.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Food is a necessity and while YOU may not see pork in particular there are many who see it as a staple protein and you have no business dictating to those people what their diet shall be.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Food is a necessity and while YOU may not see pork in particular there are many who see it as a staple protein and you have no business dictating to those people what their diet shall be.

Of course brainwashed democrats could have just given consumers the choice, like 'organic', but chose to go full fascist instead.

Anyone on left noticing a pattern here yet?

You will eventually.

Hopefully before its too late.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

O yea cause people are going to starve because they can't eat pork...

Animals should suffer because if all Californians can't eat pork every other day, then their life will fall apart. O the horror! How can muslims and jews even exist in a world without pork?!

If you can't even consider any changes to reduce animal cruelty, then you really don't care about animals.
edit on 1-8-2021 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

well looks like i found out the other reason meat prices went up.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Wow I am quite surprised by the mockery and total absence of reason here.

No more bacon?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well good on them, state's rights and all, also I'll never live there again, my rights

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
honestly with how liberals are taking our country i wouldn't be surprised when eventually only the rich will be able to afford real food products like meat, cheese, fruits, vegetables, etc while everyone else will have to eat bugs, algae, cloned factory grown meat and vegetable bars, and nutrient bars.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Once again, ethics are a two-way street.

Empathy is a skill for solving problems.

Your all-or-nothing way of thinking doesn't allow any room for discussion because ALL you care about is your position.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Explain how it's ethical to favor the luxury (not necessity) of bacon over reducing animal cruelty.

No one will go hungry because bacon will become less available/ more expensive.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

The liberals are saying conservatives are turning our country backwards to racism, homophobia, sexism, and fascism.

What mainstream clickbait media should i fall over in dreadful paranoia for!?
edit on 1-8-2021 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The answer to that isn't a simple black and white answer.

Once again, your all-or-nothing approach is unworkable.

We are in an inflationary environment, people are already suffering from high prices and stagnant wages. Pork is an affordable form of animal protein which, for most, is a necessity.

We cannot just start taking food off the table, literally, over this. Now I do not agree with cruelty and have not made an argument for it. Your reading comprehension is not allowing you to get passed a point I didn't make.

What I am saying is that you cannot address half the issue and pretend you have solved the problem. Your lack of empathy is impairing your judgement and your ignorance of economics isn't helping either.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well good on them, state's rights and all, also I'll never live there again, my rights

The insidious nature of what California does is that they as a market are so large that they put outside producers in a serious bind.

They pass onerous regulations and we all say states' rights, but then the producer loses a substantial cut of profit if they choose not to comply and forego the amount of revenue they would have had selling into Cali's market. So Cali's government basically chooses for all its consumers and then the ugly motives of business mostly force all the rest of us to make the same choice as well.

It's how the poultry market went with caging regs and why your eggs are more expensive.

Thing is that right now, China is a much larger market than Cali and pork producers can tell Cali to go take a flying leap if they're in China's pocket. China doesn't care how the pigs are housed. Their own pig diarrhea epidemic should tell you that much. So they don't care if the pork producers play the Cali game or not, and the pork producers don't have to play Cali's game and miss out of the dough because China makes all things good.

And while I am not saying things are wonderful in factory farming, I am sick and tired of the California government wielding its state market like a cudgel to force every other state to follow along, so in this case, I won't be sorry.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And while I am not saying things are wonderful in factory farming, I am sick and tired of the California government wielding its state market like a cudgel to force every other state to follow along, so in this case, I won't be sorry.

So is CA outlawing bacon from other states? CA also has a ban on mag limit of 10, so everyone went out and bought a .45 which can only hold 7 in the mag...lol

You are right though in Asia is the biggest consumer of American pork, so CA is out but the rest of us are fine.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And China owns Smithfield.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Smithfield became a subsidiary of the publicly traded Chinese corporation after the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) said the acquisition would not endanger national security.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on abortion?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

There are many other choices than pork. Please show how families could no longer afford to feed themselves because the projected pork price rise..?

And if you want to keep pork on the table, then what's your solution for reducing animal cruelty while maintaining prices?

At least California is trying, while most states do nothing or even have ad gag laws.

My issue is that you and others are so ready to shoot down this attempt to reduce animal cruelty without any better suggestions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join