It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mask decision followed stunning findings from Cape Cod beach outbreak

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Care to explain this:

"The rest of humanity isn't going to tolerate the arrogant, selfish, stupid few much longer."

(Apparently referring to non-democrats)

As anything other than genocide threat?

edit on 4-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Half the country has not taken it, so if every job requires it then a lot of jobs will be out of business when they can't find employees.

Thank you for a serious reply. A refreshing change from all the purple-faced squalling.

More than half the US population has been fully vaccinated. Nearly 60 per cent of Americans have received at least one dose.

Most of the holdouts are in less populous areas, which don't generate much economic output anyway.

If businesses in those places fail, the local branches of national-level businesses will fill the gap. They only need locals for janitor services, distribution and sales. They will preferentially (or only) hire vaccinated people for these jobs.

The unvaccinated will be out of business, out of jobs and out of luck. Well, that's how capitalism works, I'm afraid.

Maybe you have never been here?

The less populated areas I've lived in had large factories, farms, electrical generation, mining, lumber, oil, military & distribution operations.

But do keep screaming your nonsense into the wind.

Is entertaining for us country folk spitting chew from our front porch rocking chairs.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Thank you for your propaganda.

I assume this was aimed at mandroid7, who posted some antivax propaganda attempting to make a genuine tweet from a doctor look like a bot campaign.

If so, I disagree with you. There is nothing to thank that poster for, and plenty to deplore. Nobody needs more antivax propaganda.

You know what they say about assuming...

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

One dose won't get you a passport.

Correct. You will need two.

Care to explain this –- "The rest of humanity isn't going to tolerate the arrogant, selfish, stupid few much longer." -- as anything other than genocide threat?

First, when your eight-year-old self was told, by a parent or teacher, ‘I’m not going to put up with your nonsense much longer’, did you interpret that as a threat to exterminate all eight-year-olds? Or even to exterminate you, specifically?

Second, as noted earlier, ‘genocide’ means the attempt to wipe out a nation or an ethnic group. Vaccine delinquents are not a nation or ethnic group.

Work with me here. I am trying my best not to make you look too stupid.

edit on 5/8/21 by Astyanax because: buy 1 get 1 free

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

The less populated areas I've lived in had large factories, farms, electrical generation, mining, lumber, oil, military & distribution operations.

Your personal experience is not a guide to national economic output or national vaccine uptake.

Map of US vaccine uptake by county
Dark areas show least uptake (‘most concern’). These areas have the most unvaccinated people.

Map of US GDP by county, 2019
The darker the county, the higher the GDP.

See any correspondences? I think a close look at the map of Texas is especially interesting.

Note that the maps are from two completely different web sites and sources.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Too late.

My stupid was intentional mocking.

Yours?

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Funny that.

It seems that the fascists in charge know exactly which areas are slow in vaxxing.

Down to neighborhood level.

While at the same time claiming it's impossible to report covid bed count.

Care to explain?

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
Whats more stunning is that the majority of it the over all were vaccinated. And in the article they still blame the un vaccinated.

CDC mask decision followed stunning findings from Cape Cod beach outbreak

As of Thursday, 882 people were tied to the Provincetown outbreak. Among those living in Massachusetts, 74% of them were fully immunized, yet officials said the vast majority were also reporting symptoms. Seven people were reported hospitalized.

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

You can be classed as having covid simply for having trace amounts in your nasal passages, which vaxxing won't stop.

So while 74% of people with covid might have been vaxxer that does not mean that vaxxing is ineffective.

It's like where you have an EMT who treats an OD victim and gets trace amounts of drug on their uniform. That doesn't make them a junkie. Does it.

The real question is how many people actually got sick?

If a bunch of unvaxxed people went around coughing everywhere and spreading their germ that still makes it their problem even if some of their germs get on vaxxed people who don't get sick.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You do understand that there are a lot less people in those rural counties?

Duh.

But I agree that rural folks should be paid more.

That was your point, right?

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You do understand that there are a lot less people in those rural counties?

Duh.

The map (as it states quite clearly) shows GDP growth. Since the baseline is roughly the same (there isn't that much annual interstate immigration) it doesn’t matter how many people are generating the change in output. That’s why I chose it.

But just to make you happy, here’s a map of raw PER CAPITA GDP by county. As you see, it tells the same story -- rather more clearly, in fact.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

How about some cost of living comparisons?

Or realize I'm just screwing with a fascist for fun.

Want to be actually helpful, and maybe change a few opinions?

Find the nationwide & regional covid bed counts that your fascist masters have been hiding.

edit on 5-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Dbl

edit on 5-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Here you go.

I’ll let my Fascist Masters know that they haven’t been hiding this explosive data very well.

If your idea of fun is getting owned every time you post something, I am happy to entertain you.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Half the country has not taken it, so if every job requires it then a lot of jobs will be out of business when they can't find employees.

Thank you for a serious reply. A refreshing change from all the purple-faced squalling.

More than half the US population has been fully vaccinated. Nearly 60 per cent of Americans have received at least one dose.

Most of the holdouts are in less populous areas, which don't generate much economic output anyway.

If businesses in those places fail, the local branches of national-level businesses will fill the gap. They only need locals for janitor services, distribution and sales. They will preferentially (or only) hire vaccinated people for these jobs.

The unvaccinated will be out of business, out of jobs and out of luck. Well, that's how capitalism works, I'm afraid.

You don't seem to know much about rural areas. There is a lot of economic output there. There also lots of farms, independent butchers, small businesses. Even though may rural Americans have been sucked into the convivence and ease of big box stores, they would actually do just fine without them.

But, it doesn't matter anyway. I know in my area during the mask mandates, I would say at least ten percent of the people out in public never wore masks. The stores never enforced the mask mandate , probably to avoid the trouble. Other than a few isolated incidents at a bank, where one older lady was causing a scene for being asked to leave, no one got arrested or punished.

That will be the problem with the vaccine mandates and why in many areas they will just fail. Even the big box stores in my area didn't stop a handful of the unmasked. They will not stop a large number of unvaccinated or those who refuse to show a vaccination status and the whole scheme will fall apart.

edit on 6-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typos

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: themessengernevermatters

You don't seem to know much about rural areas. There is a lot of economic output there. There also lots of farms, independent butchers, small businesses.

I am familiar with the ‘flyover America’ argument, greatly cherished by rural Republicans and often repeated on ATS. It is completely fallacious.

Rural areas’ share of GDP is already much lower than urban areas and still declining fast

What economic output from rural areas there is comes from extractive industries like mining and fracking. ‘Farms, independent butchers, small businesses’ contribute very little (depending on how you define the last of these). Farming on its own accounts for less than one per cent of US GDP.

You may also find these links interesting:

More urban/rural economic comparisons

Places that supported Trump produce much less economic output than urban areas, and the trend is getting worse

Red-state economies are tanking, increasingly dependent on blue-state revenues for support.

edit on 6/8/21 by Astyanax because: tone

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Here you go.

I’ll let my Fascist Masters know that they haven’t been hiding this explosive data very well.

If your idea of fun is getting owned every time you post something, I am happy to entertain you.

Nice try.

This is not current covid beds.

Please ask your masters to do better.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You have no GDP without those rural farms, since people would be dead of starvation.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

This is not current covid beds.

First you proved you can't read a map. Now you've proved that you can't read a graph. Good going.

Are people hiding information from illiterates when they write things down? I suppose it must seem like that to people who cannot read. A lot of the right-wing grievance-posting on ATS certainly seems to be based on that kind of thinking.

You have no GDP without those rural farms, since people would be dead of starvation.

That has nothing at all to do with the discussion, I'm afraid.

Anyway, vaccinated people can farm, too. A few well-chosen foreclosures might help concentrate the minds of vaccine defiers in the farm sector.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Tell me then, what is the current count and % of covid beds in the country?

(Letting you off the hook for ICU beds and vax% for now)

"Are people hiding information from illiterates when they write things down? I suppose it must seem like that to people who cannot read. A lot of the right-wing grievance-posting on ATS certainly seems to be based on that kind of thinking"

Some of us are just having fun screwing with a democrat so brainwashed that doesn't even recognize own fascist.

Might help the less brainwashed to see the absurdity.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Anyway, vaccinated people can farm, too. A few well-chosen foreclosures might help concentrate the minds of vaccine defiers in the farm sector.

Then why did YOU interject this into the conversation?

Fascist argument backfire on you?

edit on 6-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join