It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More deaths and illness, to include high susceptibility to covid attributed to obesity.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Your strawman arguments are very poorly built.

Being unhealthy by not eating and maintaining caffeine only diet (or whatever absurdity you were using as an argument) is not something I would suggest. That comes with its own set of health problems that are not the subject of the thread.

So where do we stop? I have a good friend very thin and looks pretty buffed too, he drinks..a lot!

And?

As to your source. Seems like it agrees with me. Exercise and proper diet and some self-control goes a long way to building a healthy life.

edit on 7 21 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

To paraphrase....

"it's easier to fool a fool than convince a fool he's been fooled"

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This link has been known for a long time just people don't want to talk about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The OP is partially true but the CDC is not telling the whole story. If the cells do not get rid of their toxins correctly they have a buildup in the cells and this causes weight gain. Sodium, magnesium, and Chloride in the extracellular fluid help to shuttle the metabolites to the kidneys, calcium is also a contributing factor. Inside the cells the potassium acts as a transport and both sodium and calcium ion channels are involved in this process.

So swollen cells full of metabolic byproducts are part of the problem. Then when the immune system senses a pathogen it signals cells to release some of their stuff and this toxic fluid floods the body and forces the kidneys to overload and quit...we start to sweat out the toxins when this happens but sometimes that protective action is interfered with by the pathogen too. Once the fever breaks, the body tends to want to dump out all the chemicals and pathogen residues so we break out into a sweat.

Obese people often have lots of this metabolic waste in the cells and have stored what the kidneys and liver can't handle in fat cells. That liquid in the fat cells is also expelled into the body too when sick. The content of fat cells is not always just lipids. but most times it is, but if the liver cannot process them to usable forms because of over-consumption, those lipids are not ready for the body to burn yet and are problematic if not expelled from the body. Eating too much can cause metabolic syndrome which includes both of the two things I mentioned.

The dumping of these metabolic chemicals can increase the chance of a cytokine storm if the immune system cannot figure out how to combat a disease. some immune system cells cause this release if they are losing the war and our immune system can tear us apart. this is just a part of how this works, I know quite a bit more but it would take many pages of writing to say as much as I know, which is not nearly as much as some metabolic and immune system experts in the field know about this stuff.

I am doing this from memory, I hope I have said it right while trying to simplify it, I do appreciate others who know of this checking my posts to see if something is not quite right.

People who have healthy fat and don't have much metabolic waste in their cells do not have much extra risk of dying. But most people do not have that healthy fat.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
my doctor doesn't say that

sure he says I think you should take the 'vaccine' but he never says fat people are healthy.

i am at a good bmi maybe 21 or 22 , 160 # at 5'10" but i don't see him venerating fat people.
but i am in Colorado which does have a lot of healthy people.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Your strawman arguments are very poorly built.

Being unhealthy by not eating and maintaining caffeine only diet (or whatever absurdity you were using as an argument) is not something I would suggest. That comes with its own set of health problems that are not the subject of the thread.

So where do we stop? I have a good friend very thin and looks pretty buffed too, he drinks..a lot!

And?

As to your source. Seems like it agrees with me. Exercise and proper diet and some self-control goes a long way to building a healthy life.

The Dr started his weight concerns and studies because many of his patients did not lose weight no matter how he changed their calories.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Exercise and proper diet and some self-control goes a long way to building a healthy life.

WHOOOOOAAAAAA, just you bloody well calm down with the basic facts there man, unless of course that advice is actually just a feeling you've got, in which case .... carry on.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

No. but I didn't say doctors I said society, which is true.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Diets can't be enforced by doctors. Diets can't even be enforced by those on the diet.

Knowing what to eat, how much to eat, and how to exercise requires discipline. Discipline is something severely lacking in most these days. There are right and wrong answers in this space. For those who don't fit the trend, there's a doctor to consult.

Edit to clarify:

Diets tend to give people a false sense of accomplishment. They tend to sacrifice necessary nutrients and not substitute for anything healthier. What does seem to work is vigorous exercise on a daily or semi-daily basis and a balanced diet with healthy foods within one's budget.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Within ones budget… healthy food along with everything else’s prices are going up and up but peoples pay stays the same. At least gyms across the country have opened up but again with rising costs some folks healthy lifestyle may need to get drastically altered in order to afford the things they deem healthy and all of that nifty stuff.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I'm not a rich man either.

I'm well aware of the squeeze.

Most of what I do is at home. I have a few kettlebells, resistance bands, an Indian club, and other small things that were low-cost but highly effective.

I also have a bunch of puzzle mats for jiu-jitsu. I was going to the academy but had to stop, part of that was the $130 a month. You don't need a gym to get fit or even train in martial arts.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Fortunately for me I get plenty of exercise at work everything I do is hands on after 12 hour days in the heat constantly lifting and shuffling things on and off the machine and having to rove around my giant machine shop on foot all day does it for me. Then I come home and do yard work and drink beer, not a bad life. It’ll only be detrimental to me if I can no longer afford to put bacon on everything I eat

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I am a firm believer in "burn what you eat." I hate diets because they pigeonhole people into eating foods they don't want or like.

There is almost always a way to make what you love healthier and there is almost always a way to get the activity you need.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Diets can't be enforced by doctors. Diets can't even be enforced by those on the diet.

Knowing what to eat, how much to eat, and how to exercise requires discipline. Discipline is something severely lacking in most these days. There are right and wrong answers in this space. For those who don't fit the trend, there's a doctor to consult.

Edit to clarify:

Diets tend to give people a false sense of accomplishment. They tend to sacrifice necessary nutrients and not substitute for anything healthier. What does seem to work is vigorous exercise on a daily or semi-daily basis and a balanced diet with healthy foods within one's budget.

You are so knowledgeable oh great one!

Well those I know who lived through the great depression would like yo to know, those with low body fat died fast!

Just a little heads up for us old folks who you know, have so little experience!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I went on a diet.

Once.

Didn't like it.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You are now devolving into childish chiding.

I suppose this conversation is now over, yes?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Capitalism?

How about self control, or the lack thereof?

Society actively accepts obesity as a legitimate body type worthy of protection from opinions. That's not capitalism doing that. People have choices, they often choose convenience over their own health.

Hell, people know smoking causes cancer and they still do it despite the numerous resources available for those who wish to quit.

People KNOW unprotected sex and promiscuity leads to pregnancy and STDs. People do it anyway and instead of practicing self-control, we've decided that birth control and abortions can cover the pregnancies. Today, STDs are on the rise and it isn't showing signs of slowing down.

Despite what people KNOW to be true, they are often slaves to their drives. Personal responsibility and self-control are essential ingredients in the life of a human being on Earth. At every turn we have lifted that burden from people and laid it at the feet of a failing statist system.

But... Capitalism...sure buddy.

The fact that all of the businesses that created obesity are still alive and well today, proves to me that America cares more about getting money than keeping its citizens healthy. Ergo, capitalism.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Big $$$ in Obesity!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: TzarChasm

Capitalism?

How about self control, or the lack thereof?

Society actively accepts obesity as a legitimate body type worthy of protection from opinions. That's not capitalism doing that. People have choices, they often choose convenience over their own health.

Hell, people know smoking causes cancer and they still do it despite the numerous resources available for those who wish to quit.

People KNOW unprotected sex and promiscuity leads to pregnancy and STDs. People do it anyway and instead of practicing self-control, we've decided that birth control and abortions can cover the pregnancies. Today, STDs are on the rise and it isn't showing signs of slowing down.

Despite what people KNOW to be true, they are often slaves to their drives. Personal responsibility and self-control are essential ingredients in the life of a human being on Earth. At every turn we have lifted that burden from people and laid it at the feet of a failing statist system.

But... Capitalism...sure buddy.

The fact that all of the businesses that created obesity are still alive and well today, proves to me that America cares more about getting money than keeping its citizens healthy. Ergo, capitalism.

Not to get off on a tangent but I don't want the government to regulate what we can or can not eat, besides for the boomers it was a learned behavior for lots of them, the disintegration of the nuclear family didn't help. Too many latchkey kids, that had free access to the kitchen among a multitude of other issues. But yea sodas probably do as much damage as anything, that's consumed ironically that in its infancy most were touted as tonics and elixirs for what ails you.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I went on a diet.

Once.

Didn't like it.

When they said “No, you eat a dick!” They were being facetious and angry probably didn’t intend on you taking it serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join