It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leyna Bloom becomes first trans woman of color on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So, I guess this proves that men are better at everything including being a woman.
Is that what Feminists and women's rights activists fought for?
I am confused.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abigredneck
So, I guess this proves that men are better at everything including being a woman.
Is that what Feminists and women's rights activists fought for?
I am confused.

I think it's funny there are no women transitioning to men that are being hailed or propped up by anyone. I guess it goes against the "toxic" male BS?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
There are no chicks with dicks only dudes with tits.

Never accept someone who can never accept themselves.
To those who say “but this is the real them” your just flat out wrong.

No one needs drugs,surgery,indoctrination, and never ending support in a attempt to become something physically unobtainable in order to “be themselves” they are victims of a system that has lied to them condemning them to a life of chemical emotions and mutilated bodies. Their goal literally forever out of reach by way of the very genetic fabric of who they are that which they themselves reject.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The thing here for me is simple. All that you say above I find true for myself as I suspect is the truth for YOURself.

However, I do not wish to place my own sense of self worth on how others find their own sense of self worth. I tried that and it made me crazy...

I don't understand even being gay but recognize that others do so I don't let it bother me. I don't understand tatoos either as I have no desire to mutilate my body to even that extent, yet others, a lot of others do.
Let alone the piercings. The ears were even to much for me let alone the noses and lips and tongues and nipples and genitals. I don't get ANY of it but figure by the growing proportions of society that to, that a whole bunch of others do get it and want it.

You? Have you got tatoos? Just trying to get a glimpse of where you are on this spectrum

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Though you may almost have meat this as an aside, it does raise an interesting point of consideration.

I think that it could be that the female body has been held up as a symbol of sexuality way more than the male body. The magazines invented for sexual pleasure of men came way before the ones for women. And to a much larger degree.
Even back a hundred years ago with early videos and nude photos it was always of women,

Women's physical sexuality has always been higher on our list of '' wanna see'' then men's sex. We have covered them up with clothing way more than men for ever. Cover em up. Men have always been much closer to going nude in public and in movies and photos then women.

So maybe it's no surprise that we find no interest in ''women transitioning to men'' as there are no ''curves'' to look at, no ''breasts'' to drool over.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Celebrating mental illness.

Science, his DNA, says XY, e.g. MALE

If he needs to be female, a unicorn, a giraffe be " be himself" it's still mental illness.

NOT SCIENCE!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We can never erase what we were genetically born like, we either male or females and is that percentage in between that are born with some kind of genetic deviance but is a nature thing.

Anybody that alters their body to get what they were not born with, is, you know fake.

I believe everybody have the right to do what ever they want.

But is no fair to push it on born males and females as the best alternative, because is not, you are what you are born as, never forget that because nature does not.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Speaking on this, I will preface I'm female, I stumbled across a video the other day of a shirtless bearded washboard abs guy the other day. I thought.."wow he's attractive". Watched the whole video and he mentioned at the end he transitioned from female to male.

They are out there, but male models do not get the hype females do so we probably just won't hear about it much to relate to your point.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

LOL

Some guys are going to be pissed when they learn they just spent 15 minutes in the bathroom with a trusted magazine, only to find out the cover girl is a DUDE!

HAHA

The only real question is, which bathroom does she use?!

Only teens Choke the chicken with a magazine now?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

That is funny, is something that some never realize, is easier to dig a hole that build a pole, males turning into females have more success of doing soo that a female trying to become a male beside the physical appearance.

I remember seen some very beautiful looking males as female in the Botch series, it makes you go "wow".

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Thank you for that Frog. I also wonder how many people have transgendered in either direction that we never hear about because they do not match up with this stereotype of top notch female beauty. Those who continue to have a paunch or saggy butt or flabby arms etc. Those who just want to go on with their lives with no public recognition at all...

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So you think that goes for tatooing? Or piercings? Does that perspective hold with mutilating the male penis with circumcision? That has been practiced for thousands of years including millions and millions and millions of fathers who had it done to them and doing it to their sons and their sons after them.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: marg6043

So you think that goes for tatooing? Or piercings? Does that perspective hold with mutilating the male penis with circumcision? That has been practiced for thousands of years including millions and millions and millions of fathers who had it done to them and doing it to their sons and their sons after them.

I think the difference is they mostly say they "feel" like they are the opposite sex. Tattoos and piercings are a personal choice which doesn't change the person into something else, or seemingly something else.

For instance I have sleeves on both arms and one leg and my back is pretty covered. Now while tattoos used to be kinda taboo and reserved for bikers and whatnot, I don't identify as any of those.....I just like art.

These people are trying to physically change themselves into something they are not, and never will be. Sure there are extreme folks in the tattoo world that look completely like lizards or cats or a puzzle, but those are extremes and even folks with a lot of tattoos look at them as such.

I mean is there really such a significant amount of the world population that wants to be the opposite sex that we should give a crap about it? Or is it just the special snowflake aspect folks fall for, the bleeding heart type....

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Circumcision and complete removal are kinda different

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I found it interesting, the different ways the reports were made.

First Transgender Woman
First Trans Woman of Color

Since she is the first known trans woman on the cover, what difference does her color make? Unless they know something they are not telling.

This person was the first WHITE Transexual on the cover, about 12 months ago.

www.vogue.com...

He still has manly features like that jaw line, his cheekbones, his chest, and his shoulders. He looks like a guy with long hair and makeup on. WTG SI.

Rome didn't fall in a day, but we're heading down the exact same path they did.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I also wonder, just because this person went from man to woman, does that mean I HAVE to recognize him as a her? Is it insensitive for me to ask her if he was a man before if I can tell it was a man? Or do I just pretend that he is normal now that he is a she?

And what happens if she gets prostate cancer? Does the news report it?

Anywho, I can't recall ever seeing anyone that transitioned one way or the other that wasn't very obvious either by appearance or voice.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not sure the audience they are trying to reach as it is typically the heterosexual males and lesbians that like the swim suit addition and neither really want to see trans or be involved sexual with trans.

I have no idea of the demographics of who does and who does not buy or support Sports Illustrated. While you believe that you do have a better understanding of that demographic than myself I can only suppose that your understanding of that demographic is far less than what is likely a cadre of '' Sports Illustrated'' experts who track that demographic very very closely.

So that what might seem to be a gross error in marketing to you may turn out to be a genius marketing maneuver. Time will tell huh?

Who knows. In 2005, SI Swimsuit Edition brought in over $35 million in sales, in 2012 it brought in 7% of SI's revenue and has been on a steep decline. I guess they threw their hands up and said to hell with it. I haven't looked at one since I was in college in the 90's.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

LOL

Some guys are going to be pissed when they learn they just spent 15 minutes in the bathroom with a trusted magazine, only to find out the cover girl is a DUDE!

HAHA

The only real question is, which bathroom does she use?!

Keyword, "some". Nobody really looks at the swimsuit edition anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I know.

That was one of my favorite issues back in the day. Christie Brinkley, and Kathy Ireland, were my faves.

...and the next few issues with the outraged letters were fun, too.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Does it actually matter in the big scheme of things whether this person transitioned is black or disabled or mentally ill or whatever, if it makes them feel great whole and human?
How the bloody hell does some stranger you'll never meet affect you or any of us in our day to day lives?
Oh and stop calling them trannies....trannies are transvestites and the vast majority I've met have never wanted to be female permanently they just like dressing up at week-ends
...my ex was a tranny and said some time ago that this whole transgender thing was not for him whatsoever nor any of his other tranny mates, as overwhelmingly none of them wanted to lose their "joystick" !

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm all for equality. But guys don't buy the Swimsuit issue to look at other guys.

It's like going to the gas station to fill up your car and being told you can only get milk.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join