It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leyna Bloom becomes first trans woman of color on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

www.npr.org...

Beautiful woman?
Beautiful man?
Beautiful what.

Isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder? For me it is. I know that much of my own sense of beauty has been established by the ''norms'' of beauty that have been fostered in me by my male oriented upbringing.

Curves, have always been necessary in the training I received. Curves but not too much. It was striking to me that in times gone by and in other cultures the sense of beauty was more to the ''more curves the better'' sense of things.

The struggle for people of varying physical styles to be accepted within the spectrum of what is considered beautiful is a wide ranging struggle.
Large beauty, skinny beauty, handsome beauty etc.

So here is this person of beauty. Maybe not beauty by the standards of many who look upon this person but none the less beauty by a large percentage of historical standards.

But in this case, this beauty was once a man. A man who was not happy with how his body felt and decided to change it. Many men have this discomfort in their bodies. Most men go to the gym to tone and sculpt their bodies to allow them comfort in their physical capacity. Body builders, men who take pills to augment this or that part of their bodies. Men who spend decades honing and toning and staying physically fit so that they can enjoy their physical lives. Men who want bigger arms. Men who want larger legs. Men who want larger abs and pecs and what ever do what they can to achieve what they want physically. They use special technologically developed machines to achieve their desired results.

This man did likewise though this man took it farther. This man, one of many today was so uncomfortable in his body that he took advantage of modern technology and toned and augmented his body to the degree that he became the embodiment of what many have traditionally considered to be female beauty.

IT appears that that old American slogan, a meme actually, one so pervasive in American society that it was picked up and used by the US Army in it's promotional s for at least a decade is becoming a realty that many in decades past never dreamed would or even could come about.

''Be All That You Can Be''

This Leyna person has.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No clue to what they are going for with this? Are they saying..See what drugs and surgeries can do to make a guy look like a female! I wonder when Play Boy will have a trans and they just tuck it under to look like they have nothing...lol

Not sure the audience they are trying to reach as it is typically the heterosexual males and lesbians that like the swim suit addition and neither really want to see trans or be involved sexual with trans. It also seems they are supporting trans in sports too with this event.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Valentina-Sampaio

www.vogue.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I found it interesting, the different ways the reports were made.

First Transgender Woman
First Trans Woman of Color

Since she is the first known trans woman on the cover, what difference does her color make? Unless they know something they are not telling.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So the first black man on the swimsuit issue....

Got it...

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Nobody reads SI anymore. This is a visual representation of what a death rattle looks like.
But really, does anyone really care? I would guess no one except the model that this man beat out for the spot.

link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I found it interesting, the different ways the reports were made.

First Transgender Woman
First Trans Woman of Color

Since she is the first known trans woman on the cover, what difference does her color make? Unless they know something they are not telling.

This person was the first WHITE Transexual on the cover, about 12 months ago.

www.vogue.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So the first black man on the swimsuit issue....

Got it...

No.. No.. He was born a woman in the brain.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Beauty is on the inside. People can do what they like even if that’s spending too much time narcissistically worrying about external appearance and making massive changes for some kind of sexual gratification or acceptance.

Personally I prefer natural beauty. Not some plastic bint that’s been cut and shaped by surgery to hide their true self.

The desire to mutilate your own genitals is a mental illness and that’s the truth.
edit on 21/7/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

LOL

Some guys are going to be pissed when they learn they just spent 15 minutes in the bathroom with a trusted magazine, only to find out the cover girl is a DUDE!

HAHA

The only real question is, which bathroom does she use?!

edit on 21-7-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I could understand it if it was "Psychological Imbalances Journal swimsuit issue"

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not sure the audience they are trying to reach as it is typically the heterosexual males and lesbians that like the swim suit addition and neither really want to see trans or be involved sexual with trans.

I have no idea of the demographics of who does and who does not buy or support Sports Illustrated. While you believe that you do have a better understanding of that demographic than myself I can only suppose that your understanding of that demographic is far less than what is likely a cadre of '' Sports Illustrated'' experts who track that demographic very very closely.

So that what might seem to be a gross error in marketing to you may turn out to be a genius marketing maneuver. Time will tell huh?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotGuilty

Nobody reads SI anymore. This is a visual representation of what a death rattle looks like.
But really, does anyone really care? I would guess no one except the model that this man beat out for the spot.

I was thinking the same thing in they are trying anything to survive, but it might just be the last nail needed.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

But in this case, this beauty was once a man

Normal people:
Born with vagina = female for life
Born with penis = male for life
Denial of above = retard

Leftist freaks and those with severe mental health issues disguised as gender dysphoria:
"but but I am definitely a ___ trapped in the body of a ____ because"......

Russian and Chinese leaders and military:
soon.........

Unreal, no wonder the US is going down the sh!t chute faster than a speeding train, pushing this BS on to normal people (those that identify as a male because penis and female because vagina) is just one weapon being used in the take down.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

The desire to mutilate your own genitals is a mental illness and that’s the truth.

One might take that so far as to believe that for a father to mutilate their own sons genitals such as in circumcision is also a mental illness as well. Right?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Still looks and sounds like a man to me....either way, I would bet any SI Swimsuit edition with a tranny in it is likely one of the least sold issues. They should start a tranny edition for those that are into that kink of wanting to be with a man who tries to be a woman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join