It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok was Lebron a Clone?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I feel very confused by all of you believing they are not doing in labs across the world what they are capable of doing!
What do you all see as holding them back? Morals!

The real cloning took place two years later, in 1995, although it wasn’t revealed until mid-November 1998.2 Unbelievably, only a few small newspaper stories weakly revealed one of the most important biotechnology developments of all time. In fact, it’s probably one of the most important developments in the history of science and technology, period.

Working under the auspices of the private company Advanced Cell Technology and using the facilities of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, scientists James Robl and Jose Cibelli created a human clone. They took cells from Cibelli’s leg and cheek, put them alongside a cow’s ovum with the genetic material stripped out, and added a jolt of electricity.

One of Cibelli’s cells fused with the cow’s ovum, which acted as though it had been fertilized, and the cells began dividing. This is the same process used to create Dolly, the famous cloned sheep from Scotland, only this was done before Dolly was created.

A small story in the Boston Globe reported the following about this achievement:

The experiments were privately funded, and therefore aren’t bound by government regulations on embryo research....
The researchers fused a human skin cell with a cow egg stripped of its nucleus because that avoided using a scarce human egg to nurture the genetic program of the new embryo, they said.3

So what happened to the clone?

The scientists destroyed it when it reached the 32-cell stage. In other words, the zygote had already gone through five divisions and was on its way to becoming a human being. Scientists aren’t completely certain what would’ve happened if the zygote had been allowed to develop in a womb or in vitro, since such a thing has never been attempted (as far as we know), but Dr. Patrick Dixon has an educated guess:

If the clone had been allowed to continue beyond implantation it would have developed as Dr. Cibelli’s identical twin.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We should all know by now we are not told about the "first" of anything!

Two cloned macaques named Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua are held by a nurse at the Chinese Academy of Sciences on Jan. 22, 2018. The twin primates are the world's first to be successfully cloned using the same method that made Dolly the sheep. XINHUA/JIN LIWANG VIA GETTY IMAGES

science.howstuffworks.com...

Not documented as a success because it was still illigal.

In January 2001, a small consortium of scientists led by Panayiotis Zavos, a former University of Kentucky professor, and Italian researcher Severino Antinori said that they planned to clone a human in two years [source: Kirby]. At about the same time, news surfaced about an American couple who planned to pay $500,000 to Las Vegas-based company Clonaid for a clone of their deceased infant daughter [source: Clonaid]. Neither venture produced documented success.

science.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 18-7-2021 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh it is resources holding them back

The news that researchers have used cloning to make human embryos for the purpose of producing stem cells may have some people wondering if it would ever be possible to clone a person.

Although it would be unethical, experts say it is likely biologically possible to clone a human being. But even putting ethics aside, the sheer amount of resources needed to do it is a significant barrier.

Since the 1950s when researchers cloned a frog, scientists have cloned dozens of animal species, including mice, cats, sheep, pigs and cows.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I feel very confused by all of you believing they are not doing in labs across the world what they are capable of doing!

Just technology... So where are we at to where we can take samples of ones vital organs and clone exact copies? Medically that would be a huge breakthrough where you get your own heart back without the body not accepting it. The donners list would disappear and you would not be waiting years hoping a match comes up before you die.

I would think we are still decades away from even this, but is all that wrong?

edit on 18-7-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

clone on the left or right, you decide

as to your OP its probably something to do with the light whithin the room the picture was being taken
edit on 000000p3104America/Chicago718202107 by UpThenDown because: typo

edit on 000000p3104America/Chicago718202107 by UpThenDown because: link

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Still you got a chuckle out of me. Clown is pretty fair to the way he acts sometimes for sure.

originally posted by: Xtrozero
At first I read clown, and yes LeBron been acting the fool, but that isn't what the OP is about...lol

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can't seem to come up with a good question to Google or Bing the movie where they cloned people for organs and let them live a life until organs and body parts were needed. The clones revolt naturally.

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Just technology... So where are we at to where we can take samples of ones vital organs and clone exact copies? Medically that would be a huge breakthrough where you get your own heart back without the body not accepting it. The donners list would disappear and you would not be waiting years hoping a match comes up before you die.

I would think we are still decades away from even this, but is all that wrong?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I can't seem to come up with a good question to Google or Bing the movie where they cloned people for organs and let them live a life until organs and body parts were needed. The clones revolt naturally.

I don't think they will need a full body to make an organ.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Thank you very much!

That makes the point right there. The ethics of a whole body for spare parts is going to be crazy if we find a way to rationalize that.

Xtrozero,

I do think a heart can be created one day. In the embryo stage we can identify the genes that trigger each organ and take a cell from the stage where the heart cell that begins the heart is and make one. It should grow one exactly like the DNA would have for the embryo. We are almost there from my recollection of the reports.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Lebron James died may 2020

So if he is still running around, there is your answer.
edit on 19-7-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The only colour that matters is green anyroad.

It's class war not race war that's the real issue with the colour being just one of many aspects used to divide and conquer our respective populations, or keep the status quo in place.

As to skin colour, well researchers have found that it can be regulated and changed somewhat by Estrogen and Progesterone, no need to be cloning to tamper with pigments.

edit on 19-7-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I just think it's odd that not long ago we watched another nba star bend his knee to north korea.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Qlone1

Dennis Rodman has always been a touch "odd" all the same.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The hand-jobs you receive from your clone steadily increase in frequency, as well as pleasure.

Question:

Are you gay or can it be considered nothing more than just lazy masturbation?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Not to derail your thread but...

My father was a proud military man, and a bit handsome to some.

I have had several clones, over the years show up on my doorstep. I swear they all looked exactly like my older brother, all asking me the same questions. "Are you my sister?"

I am leaving now.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have had several clones, over the years show up on my doorstep. I swear they all looked exactly like my older brother, all asking me the same questions. "Are you my sister?"

I am leaving now.

Thanks for sharing. Hard to know I am sure. I would have to sit down and discuss that before I chased them off if I feel it is BS.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I am leaving now.

Thanks for sharing. Hard to know I am sure. I would have to sit down and discuss that before I chased them off if I feel it is BS.

All doubt went out the window after vetting the first one. Let us just say my family got larger by three, but I would not be at all surprised to find out there were more.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I am leaving now.

All doubt went out the window after vetting the first one. Let us just say my family got larger by three, but I would not be at all surprised to find out there were more.

Well, do you think it is a blessing?

Is it creepy as I think it is?

We have adopted folks in my family and when my wife found her siblings it was surreal for her/us. Now she has family she never knew existed and has a chance to know them in this time when almost no one has a big family here in the US. Unless the family is very religious.

edit on 19-7-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Difference in lighting, differences in camera settings, etc.

I have pictures of myself in which my skin tone looks different in each. I have pictures inside my house where a specific wall looks like a slightly different color in each.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join