It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok was Lebron a Clone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

a reply to: Justoneman

Not to derail your thread but...

My father was a proud military man, and a bit handsome to some.

I have had several clones, over the years show up on my doorstep. I swear they all looked exactly like my older brother, all asking me the same questions. "Are you my sister?"

I am leaving now.

Thanks for sharing. Hard to know I am sure. I would have to sit down and discuss that before I chased them off if I feel it is BS.

All doubt went out the window after vetting the first one. Let us just say my family got larger by three, but I would not be at all surprised to find out there were more.

Well, do you think it is a blessing?

Is it creepy as I think it is?

We have adopted folks in my family and when my wife found her siblings it was surreal for her/us. Now she has family she never knew existed and has a chance to know them in this time when almost no one has a big family here in the US. Unless the family is very religious.

Indeed a blessing. I am so happy for your wife.

We make up a dozen. I don't know about the religious part, but my father was indeed a wandering man, and he did like church.

I knew my father way too well for any of it to seem creepy. In fact, it was no surprise, and to be honest, expected.

Are you familiar with the song, "Papa Was A Rolling Stone"? I am convinced that song was written about my father.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

Not to derail your thread but...

My father was a proud military man, and a bit handsome to some.

I have had several clones, over the years show up on my doorstep. I swear they all looked exactly like my older brother, all asking me the same questions. "Are you my sister?"

I am leaving now.

Thanks for sharing. Hard to know I am sure. I would have to sit down and discuss that before I chased them off if I feel it is BS.

All doubt went out the window after vetting the first one. Let us just say my family got larger by three, but I would not be at all surprised to find out there were more.

Well, do you think it is a blessing?

Is it creepy as I think it is?

We have adopted folks in my family and when my wife found her siblings it was surreal for her/us. Now she has family she never knew existed and has a chance to know them in this time when almost no one has a big family here in the US. Unless the family is very religious.

Indeed a blessing. I am so happy for your wife.

We make up a dozen. I don't know about the religious part, but my father was indeed a wandering man, and he did like church.

I knew my father way too well for any of it to seem creepy. In fact, it was no surprise, and to be honest, expected.

Are you familiar with the song, "Papa Was A Rolling Stone"? I am convinced that song was written about my father.

"Wherever he laid his hat was his home (and when he died) all he left us was alo oooh ooh on!"
Yes I do. Love to sing along to it too.

edit on 19-7-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Cloning results in many Eggs/Embryos failing during development, so implanting them in many women would become problematic to just gestate one to full term.

When we get to the technology state to make an Artificial Uterus to harbor one to full term...then I could see it (including using the Gene/s that induce that rapid aging disease that some have in either an Adult clone or for Organ Transplant), however we have to also develop the technology to also teach that clone (Mind Uploading/Transfer) and that Technology is a very far far away fantasy at the moment (Mind Upload), and that is when the "Replacing a Person with a Clone" part breaks down: How do you get the Clone to Adulthood without first bringing them up like you would with a baby without Transferring a Consciousness or a Mind Upload ?

Then again, we have (China) already used the Crispr route to introduce a Gene in embryos (that were brought to term) to have resistance against HIV (not State Sanctioned, just a Mad scientist there), so it might come a little earlier to perfect a better procedure for creating a near fault free cloned Embryo.

Whatever comes first; Artificial Uterus, or Prodding a Bunch of Stem Cells into a Scaffold to make cloned Organs without the host.

The future is sure quite interesting.

PS, Dolly the Sheep died from normal Sheep related aging problems, not a result in the cloning procedure.
edit on Julam672021-05:00062021 by MagnoPho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Great point here thanks.

What I am thinking is they won't be able to produce one that is my age if it was desired. They can start at an embryo but no brand new Hillary's are out there if I am right. The clones would have to be raised from an embryo.

originally posted by: MagnoPho
Cloning results in many Eggs/Embryos failing during development, so implanting them in many women would become problematic to just gestate one to full term.

When we get to the technology state to make an Artificial Uterus to harbor one to full term...then I could see it (including using the Gene/s that induce that rapid aging disease that some have in either an Adult clone or for Organ Transplant), however we have to also develop the technology to also teach that clone (Mind Uploading/Transfer) and that Technology is a very far far away fantasy at the moment (Mind Upload), and that is when the "Replacing a Person with a Clone" part breaks down: How do you get the Clone to Adulthood without first bringing them up like you would with a baby without Transferring a Consciousness or a Mind Upload ?

Then again, we have (China) already used the Crispr route to introduce a Gene in embryos (that were brought to term) to have resistance against HIV (not State Sanctioned, just a Mad scientist there), so it might come a little earlier to perfect a better procedure for creating a near fault free cloned Embryo.

Whatever comes first; Artificial Uterus, or Prodding a Bunch of Stem Cells into a Scaffold to make cloned Organs without the host.

The future is sure quite interesting.

PS, Dolly the Sheep died from normal Sheep related aging problems, not a result in the cloning procedure.

edit on 21-7-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join