It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok was Lebron a Clone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This isn't really about Lebron. It is about are we cloning?

I am not into this clone thing. I don't believe we have that capability yet. I am sure we will have that one day. Maybe we do now and I am just late to the plate. But Lebron is being shown in the playoffs by GhostEzra as being not exactly Lebron. The comments had people that were asking how can you clone him and the clone be as good? IDK? Are clones real?
A light skinned LeBron

I agree we could have body doubles like with actors. I agree we have sophisticated makeup and masks that have been proven to be nearly undetectable fakes of someone. That is possible. I also can't say as someone could just be his Height and facial features with maybe some muscle like him but no way they play like him too. Leaving the Clone question open for a minute to hash out here?

What do people think is going on here besides poor photography at the finals which is possible. But this Lebron looks different.

Feel free to ridicule this I have no shame when seeking out the real truth. I'm willing to take it there and see if it is something or we still have a few decades before Cloning is real.

edit on 18-7-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Ummm…well…perhaps in the pic on the left he just has a…aah…ummm…well…tan?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

We seem to have managed it will Dolly the sheep.

What makes you imagine the capability to grow any other mammal is any different?

Its the moral and ethical dilemmas that present themselves where cloning humans is concerned.

But science has little to do with those.

If we can do a thing, it generally stands that we do, do that thing.

We can already clone our pets, i don't imagine people to be any different, somewhere, in some laboratory.
edit on 18-7-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

We seem to have managed it will Dolly the sheep.

What makes you imagine the capability to grow any other mammal is any different?

Its the moral and ethical dilemmas that present themselves where cloning humans is concerned.

But science has little to do with those.

If we can do a thing, it generally stands that we do, do that thing.

We can already clone our pets, i don't imagine people to be any different, somewhere, in some laboratory.

simple we have way more DNA material and these sheep were not long lived. They can do it as an embryo but not as an adult.

UNLESS

There were two the whole time and I find that hard to believe. LeBron's with talent from an early age for this sport are not made to be that good. People like that are born and have an inner desire to be that good.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

People and sheep are exactly the same thing Justoneman.

No difference whatsoever in the process.

We are both mammals you see.

Only way they will ever clone adults is to accelerate the aging process which is a completely different kettle of fish, or to be more precise entropy.

I thought this was really not about "Lebron"?

Consider also that just because you would have two clones would not make them the same people down to the fact that perspective is a very personal affair and no two people are the same in life and experience.
edit on 18-7-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Link won't work for me, but I can imagine what it shows.

I tend to agree that it is only a matter of time before the scientific community has the ability to clone human beings. I think the larger question is...is it right? This question presents an almost mind-blowing number of considerations.

Is it right ethically and morally?

Who is the ultimate judge of what is ethically and morally right?

What is wrong with attempting to genetically refine and optimize the human?

Who cares if NBA games are played by 30 foot tall basketball mutants? (just kidding with this one)

Why do they even have to be humans at all? Why not some kind of a hybrid being?

If higher performing beings are genetically engineered, what will become of 'regular' humans?

Will non-clones be ruled obsolete? And, who makes this decision?

Will clones be allowed to make policy, run for office and/or make laws?

I've got a couple ideas for some clones I'd like, where do I place my order?

Will clone food be the same as regular food? Or will there be clones-only pizza joints?

If you kill your clone, is it murder or suicide?

If a rabbi clone, a doctor clone and a lawyer clone all walk into a bar, what happens?

Do you keep your clone in a cage, or do you let it run around the yard?

If you borrow money from your clone, do you have to pay it back?

Can you patent your clone?

Can I rub your clone and not get in trouble?

What if your clone and my clone bump uglies and your clone gets knocked up, do I have to pay mini-me clone-support? Damn clones!

SOOooooo many questions!!

edit on 7/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Consider also that just because you would have two clones would not make them the same people down to the fact that perspective is a very personal affair and no two people are the same in life and experience.

All it takes is 1 different decision that can lead someone down an entirely different path, resulting in a completely different life and a completely different person.

If they were cloning people, I'd think skin color would probably be one of the easiest aspects to get exactly right.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Link won't work for me, but I can imagine what it shows.

It shows Lebron standing under 2 different types of light bulbs.

If you kill your clone, is it murder or suicide?

I'm guessing neither really. That will probably become the World's most popular Sport.

edit on 7/18/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The movie you are looking for is titled Gattaca. Low on action, high on discussion. And while not about clones, you have the same topics addressed. Of course you could make it a political thriller by saying Democrats and approved ideology on social media...but that would hit too close to home.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Arena lighting differences.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Will there be like clone vending machines in the future? You know, like these machines you stick a quarter in and pull the knob and a clone of whatever flavor drops into the bin at the bottom?

Can I mix clone-juice like at the soda fountain? Like could I get a clone which was 51% Chuck Norris, 33% Terminator and have my clone topped off with some Batman? That'd be cool..."I'm Bat-Norris, and ah'l be baahk!"

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I think I would spend every one of my clone-dollars making as many Richard Simmons' as possible. Not around where I live of course, but in many many other places. Just Richard Simmons running around everywhere. I'm sure he would be one of the cheapest clones. lol

ETA: Actually, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that he already is one.
edit on 7/18/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well, jesting aside, there really are some serious questions about the whole cloning thing. Would they be allowed to vote?

What would stop one political ideology from just cloning millions of themselves to influence elections for centuries? Clone wars where people furiously create clones on each side to swing the balance of power, etc.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

LOLOL!! Yeah, he probably would be one of the cheapest models!!

I think I'd probably spend my clone-bucks on a getting a Trump clone at the dollar store and crossing it with a midget. Then I'd create millions of mini-midget Trump clones and release them all into the wild. They'd go scurrying off in all directions screaming "MAGA!...MAGA!...MAGA!". In about 5 minutes you'd see people's heads exploding all across the horizon just like popcorn.

That would be EPIC!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Terror of Tiny Town remade as the Jan 6 Insurrection. The Q Shaman would have to be spectacular with dialogue. Three of them stealing the Speaker’s podium and waving to the camera. Instant Classic.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think anyone who believes they have bot been doing it are just blind.

When her beloved dog Samantha died last year—a 14-year-old Coton du Tulear—she followed suit by having her cloned. In an interview with Variety, Streisand reveals cells taken from Samantha's mouth and stomach were used to make two clones—named Miss Scarlett and Miss Violet.Feb 28, 2018

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
At first I read clown, and yes LeBron been acting the fool, but that isn't what the OP is about...lol

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I think we're onto something here! We should collaborate.

I'll have my people contact your people. We'll do "Brunch".

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I tend to agree that it is only a matter of time before the scientific community has the ability to clone human beings. I think the larger question is...is it right? This question presents an almost mind-blowing number of considerations.

I think they will start by cloning body parts for the rich... 1000 years of Soros or Gates..shutters...

Then it will be a process to implant our minds into digital to play in computerized worlds and to just skip the whole body part and do whole bodies. Babies born will be generically modified to be prefect so no clones needed.

Most likely true clones would take on the Star Wars version of lowest level workers and soldiers. generic_01 types that do what they are told 100% of the time.

Is it right ethically and morally?

Who is the ultimate judge of what is ethically and morally right?

Ya who knows, but that is where we are heading.

I have wondered about the transporter in Star Trek where the first time you use it you basically die and a clone is created to replace you. From the outside you are still the same, but from the inside you died. For society its no big deal, but for the individual life ended, so maybe that is where we are heading where life becomes kind of meaningless and you are just replaced over and over.

Think of whether there is a soul or not... If there is a soul then its one and done and what replaces you is souless.
edit on 18-7-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Good points, all.

The real humdinger of a question then becomes...how do you prove you have a soul? Or conversely, how do you prove someone else does NOT have a soul?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join