It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Crow Vaccine Passport Laws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I do not want anyone coming to my door over my personal medical choices. I get anxiety just thinking about it. I never want people at my door wasting my free time with their agenda (these days 10 plus hours of work in the day and all I have left is a bit of computer down time and time w/ my kids), but this one feels worse than any other knock I've answered (well once police came at 11 pm waking me up that was bad)

I have no idea what the GOP is saying about this issue--I've only tuned in to our President Biden and every time he talks about those choosing not to join in the clinical trial as putting not only themselves at risk, but their family, friends and community and it makes me really nervous.
Fauci on tv with the first lady talking about vaccinating 6 month olds and up.
You probably don't feel it cause you chose the state approved option. I'm glad you're not feeling this weird pressure; I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
edit on 13-7-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: zosimov

Why are you surprised by this? They've been burning down black homes and businesses for over a year now, while ignoring the slaughter of black citizens in places like Chicago.

That's not a US Federal government responsibility .
That is a US local government responsibility .
Period .

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The left will have no problem attacking black folks, they've done it for decades.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

List of Coronavirus-Related Restrictions in Every State
Most states have dropped coronavirus-related restrictions
by Dena Bunis and Jenny Rough, AARP, Updated July 12, 2021

Why would any one dare volunteer to go door to door. US GOP Congressmen are whipping up paranoia "They're going to take your Bibles and guns!!!!"

People are going to die over that fear mongering.

Imagine a Church volunteer goes and knocks on a door. The door opens, the volunteer asks "Have you gotten a Covid-19 shot yet?" The homeowner shoots the "Nazi" before realizing "Oh #! That was Jim from church!"

That's why Biden stressed the fact it would be local volunteers, not the feds. Of course, that not only helps to get a foot in the door so to speak, but keeps their staff safe by putting an expendable force on the line.

It also has the added benefit of making conservatives look like the knuckle dragging mouth breathers that they characterize them as if someone gets their ass blown off.

As funny as your post was, Jim from church is probably not one of the volunteers and if he was, then the whole community knew about Jim and were gonna take him out anyway.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I do not want anyone coming to my door over my personal medical choices.

Put up a No Trespassing sign.

You are not soliciting. Because you are not seeking an order for any goods or services, you are not considered
a solicitor. Therefore, "No Solicitation" signs do not apply to you while you are performing this activity. Always
be respectful of the residents you interact with and if asked to leave, you must do so. "No Trespassing" signs
still apply and must be complied with.

From Lake County, IL Community Health Ambassador Outreach
Door Knocking Project to Increase COVID Vaccine Acceptance

I don't think the link would work. It's got lots of punctuations and such.

As far as laws go. Some states, like South Carolina, are passing laws to make door to door Covid-19 awareness illegal.
========
Back in the Summer of '75, I was going door to door selling Bibles. This lady was outside in her yard so I leaned on her fence and started my pitch.

She told me to go away. So I was down the street a ways when the cops pulled up. They ran my name over the radio. My sister-in law was working the county Sheriff's Office Records. She told me later how embarrassing it was to read out that long rap sheet.

After she told me about that, I got my juvenile record sealed. Problem solved. I'm still gonna stay out of that county though.
edit on 14-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I so wish they would come knock on my door. Please please.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I was gonna wait for the Feds to break down my door, hold me down and inject me. Then I would say, "Hey thanks. That saves me the hassle of making an appointment and finding a ride. So where should I send the bill for door repairs?"

I waited, and waited, and waited,
then I had someone make the appointment for me and give me a ride.

Stinking Federal Inefficiency!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The new Jim Crow shouldn't be a problem. Don't you know all lives matter?

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Lol, you have the best anecdotes.

I think I'll probably end up doing the No Trespassing thing. It'll hold em off for awhile anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hahaha yeah go door to door in Chicago asking them to take the shot. I think you know who will actually get shot.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It's nice to see you posting again, although would have hoped for better circumstances.

There's a lot of dread vibe in what you write and I feel similar about all this. The important thing is to stay positive and focus on the positive things in life. For the kids too. We owe them a protected life.

I get such letters too with high frequency and could not determine yet why exactly. Bloodgroup or medical risk group... the letters do not tell, just that I am eligible.

They make good firestarters for winter time!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Thank you; it's always nice talking to you!
I've previously had dark premonitions which never came to pass, and hope my intuition now is just another of those.

You are right--the kids need us to stay positive and hopeful. I'm having more and more trouble envisioning a non-dystopic future for my kids; maybe applying a little more self discipline/more meditation (garden work for me) will help.

For sure, I'll save any vaccine flyers or letters for the hearth!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Haha, so you're suggesting I use telekinetic anger to stave off the intruders?

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Just a little something to print up and stick on the No Trespassing sign. So they know you mean them specifically.

Ambiguity Reduction Tool (ART)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
... every time he talks about those choosing not to join in the clinical trial ...

I have good news for you. The clinical trials (my daughter was a volunteer) were finished and the vaccines approved. They are doing followups (so it's been about a year since she had the first shot, and she's an employee in a high risk job.

Some people are trying to frame the current vaccine drives as "clinical trials" and that's about the same as trying to frame "wearing seat belts" as clinical trials.

I want this thing to be over and gone but the only way it will go is if we get rapid immunity on a global scale. Failing that, rapid immunity on a national scale will do. Having the entire population of the US get sick with this stuff won't stop it (herd immunity) it only provides a breeding ground for variants.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Hi Byrd,

It's nice to talk to you.
Been a long time.

You might be surprised to hear that I don't see the rush through phase 4 trials to be good news. In fact, I wonder what time frame is being discussed in the following statement:

In a phase 4 trial, any rare or long-term effects of the drug can be observed in a much larger population of patients and over a much longer period of time. If safety surveillance does indeed reveal concerns about the drug, it may be withdrawn from the market and no longer made available on prescription.

Long term meaning.. a year? Or what?

There's also this:

Many drugs have shown harmful effects only during phase 4 trials and have subsequently been banned from use. One example is the pain reliever rofecoxib which showed negative cardiac side effects during phase 4 trials and was therefore withdrawn from the market.

www.news-medical.net...
Check out this link I found regarding rofecoxib:

The 3-year clinical trial called APPROVe (Adenomatous Polyp Prevention of Vioxx), which was halted in late September (2 months before it was scheduled to end), was evaluating the efficacy of rofecoxib in preventing the recurrence of colorectal polyps among patients with a history of colorectal adenomas. It revealed an increased relative risk for serious cardiovascular events, including heart attacks and strokes, beginning after 18 months of treatment among patients taking rofecoxib that was about twice that of patients taking placebo. The results for the first 18 months of the study did not show any increased risk.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
So in this case, long term meant more than 18 months.
Now that the clinical trials have been rushed to closure, the mandates can start to roll. Bad news for me and my son who has PVCs and who won't be getting this jab. (PS, for the concerned, I consulted his cardiologist regarding the risk of COVID considering his condition and he told me that only children with heart transplants should be careful.)
I saw this question posted to you in another thread, but didn't see any response, maybe you could weigh in

If vaccinated people can still get and give COVID-19, can't the virus mutate in the vaccinated as well?
Unity Point Health seems to say yes:

The creation of a vaccine for any new virus could also cause additional mutations.

“Any virus is going to try to keep changing, so it can continue to spread. For COVID-19, that means we’ll likely see more new variants. That’s natural and expected. Don’t be too worried about it, the vaccine should help keep us safe.

www.unitypoint.org...

I'm sorry I can't see the seatbelt analogy as being apt. Seatbelts don't go in your body and you can take them off when you leave the car. Had seatbelts been found to be dangerous after maybe 2 years of use, they could easily have been removed.
Why isn't heart inflammation in young, healthy men a reason to pause?

ETA: I'm not finding info regarding the completion of Phase 4 and FDA approval. As of yesterday, this apparently hadn't happened. Which vaccine has been approved?
www.cnbc.com...

I have nothing against any at risk or anyone who wants to getting the shot. I'm against mandating this vaccine and wanted to highlight which communities mandates might effect the most.
edit on 14-7-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
I asked if my town or area was experiencing a “surge”.

What does that have to do with anything at all?

First, if your area is already "experiencing a surge" then getting a shot NOW isn't going to help you NOW. It takes several weeks for your body to learn how to deal with the virus after the shot.

Second, the purpose of the vaccine is to PREVENT such a surge. If everybody get it now, and there won't be "surges" in the future. If there continue to be rolling "surges" hopscotching all over the place because people aren't getting vaccinated then there will continue to be rolling shutdowns, job losses, mandatory masking, and unnecessary deaths.

The guy you encountered explained how easy it was to just get it done. So just get it done.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: zosimov
... every time he talks about those choosing not to join in the clinical trial ...

I have good news for you. The clinical trials (my daughter was a volunteer) were finished and the vaccines approved. They are doing followups (so it's been about a year since she had the first shot, and she's an employee in a high risk job.

Some people are trying to frame the current vaccine drives as "clinical trials" and that's about the same as trying to frame "wearing seat belts" as clinical trials.

I want this thing to be over and gone but the only way it will go is if we get rapid immunity on a global scale. Failing that, rapid immunity on a national scale will do. Having the entire population of the US get sick with this stuff won't stop it (herd immunity) it only provides a breeding ground for variants.

Byrd, since meeting you I've admired your brain greatly. There was a time when I took your word (and expertise) on certain subjects such as this over my own instincts.
I had to question that impulse when I read your comments in approval of double masking (sorry!) but still listen very carefully to what you have to say--why I bothered to ask the above questions; I'm genuinely interested in your answers.
It's kind of disheartening to see you post unsourced information as fact.

The clinical trials are not over.
www.latimes.com...

The people (like me) trying to frame the current vaccine drives as "clinical trials" are merely stating a fact. (Might be an inconvenient fact for those trying to mandate the vaccine, but a fact nonetheless).

For what it's worth, I'm hoping with all my heart that the vaccines are as safe as they're being touted. My entire family, including my 14 yr old stepdaughter has joined the clinical trials. My son, who is protected by his natural immunity and who already has heart problems to worry about, will not be joining the trial.

edit on 15-7-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join