It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US assessing reported leak at Chinese nuclear power facility

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Smurfs learned to fly?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

i honestly heard a rumor months ago from someone very close to me who would have a reason have knowledge of such things.

i honestly thought it was Russia, again testing their first nuclear powered missile that failed and fell into the sea and released all sorts of nasty stuff.

that's the thing with rumor, you never really know and I might just be forcing a puzzle piece into the wrong spot.

i spent some time in China years ago and I worked in a hospital there and we saw all sorts of industrial accidents, so a leak at a reactor is definitely and obviously not out of the cards.

the real question is the leak from a normal civilian reactor or a military one, they recently said they were going on a crash nuke building project.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Not saying it's related, but is an interesting coincidence.

Top Chinese Nuclear Power Expert Commits Suicide

A top Chinese nuclear power expert and also a high-ranking Chinese Communist Party (CCP) official committed suicide for unknown reasons in northeastern China’s Heilongjiang province, based on a variety of outlet reports.

On June 17, Zhang Zhijian, male, 58, professor of nuclear power at the Harbin Engineering University (HEU), jumped off of an office building and killed himself, according to an official notice released by his employer.

Public data shows Zhang held a string of important academic and administrative offices related to his expertise, including head of the HEU’s College of Nuclear Science and Technology; director of the Nuclear Power Simulation Research Center (NPSRC), one of China’s key national defense labs; chief of the Office of Development and Planning; and an executive director of the Chinese Nuclear Society.

edit on 19-6-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Thank you for that!

SCMP (owned by CCP, though Alibaba) appears to be reporting the same thing.

Business Standard has the same report, and says he was currently VP of CCP Nuclear Society, and head nuke guy at a CCP university banned from certain U.S. items due to military ties.

wap.business-standard.com... l

No idea if any of this is related to Taishan.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

i honestly heard a rumor months ago from someone very close to me who would have a reason have knowledge of such things.

OK, fair enough. Far be it from me to just discount without at least trying to find some corroboration.

If I am not mistaken, the EDF not only obtained the contract for construction of the reactor, but usually there is also an agreement for them to exclusively supply fuel for a period of time. That fuel supply agreement is the real bread-and-butter for the supplier. It's the same principle that car manufacturers use by keeping certain components in "dealer status" for a while; they make as much if not more on the repair and component replacement as they do on the manufacturing of the original car.

Which got me started thinking: EDF made and supplied the fuel rod casings. EDF supplies the fuel. If there is an issue that would be considered imminently hazardous, EDF would not be the ones making the alert! That could bankrupt them, not only through their liability for the Taishan reactor, but through the destruction of their reputation; that is a manufacturer's defect. A minor issue which could be easily corrected (at the expense of the Chinese), on the other hand, would actually cost them nothing, increase their profit (once fuel is loaded, it cannot be removed and reloaded; it must be replaced with new pellets), and improve their public relations because it could be spun to make them look responsible.

China would not go along with that. China would take it as an economic attack and would do everything in their power to do exactly what they are doing: make it appear as though there is not even a minor problem.

I'm coming to believe that what we are discussing is a minor issue that is being spun by two different factions (EDF and the CCP) to try to shift public opinion and increase profit.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

So bio wasn't as effective as planned?

So now going to dirty bomb hong kong?

Sounds about right for CCP.

And surely Americans will give up on covid investigation if we leak a bunch of radiation all over the place?

For fun, some conspiracy theorists have asserted "Covid" is a cover for radioactive fallout or contamination of some kind.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Another recent update ...

CNN : Problems at China nuclear power plant are serious enough to warrant shutdown, French co-owner warns.

Except ...

"The spokesperson for Electricite de France (EDF) said on Thursday that while it was "not an emergency situation" at the Taishan Nuclear Power Plant, located in China's southern Guangdong province, it was a "serious situation that is evolving."

If the reactor was in France, the company would have shut it down already due to "the procedures and practices in terms of operating nuclear power plants in France," the spokesperson said.'

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join