It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Researchers Discover a Parallel Universe That Runs Backwards through Time - Alongside Us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Interesting theory.

I am most curious if that parallel universe hits the big bang what would happen to our universe.
would they share the same "cycle"

That is of course assuming that the big bang theory is correct.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlankUsername
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Your headline is a bit click bait is it not? They did not discover anything they made a ridiculous claim that can never be proven. I can make a claim that at the center of every black hole is a pink elephant and can never be proven wrong.

Basically they are saying is because the odds that our universe exists in its form and we are here is essentially zero then that is proof there are infinite universes, ( it is a paly on the infinite monkeys with infinite typewriter thought experiment) The thing they don't want to take into account is intelligent design. Now I am not talking the biblical 7 day account, but I believe that there is intelligent design that put this all in motion I just don't claim to even begin to fathom what that is. I think that is just a realistic as infinite universes.

TY for that. This is why i often dont watch the posted videos of this kind right away and dive into the comments first.

And as for the rest of what you said i am 100% the same in that thought.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlankUsername

Your headline is a bit click bait is it not? They did not discover anything they made a ridiculous claim that can never be proven. I can make a claim that at the center of every black hole is a pink elephant and can never be proven wrong.

Basically they are saying is because the odds that our universe exists in its form and we are here is essentially zero then that is proof there are infinite universes, ( it is a paly on the infinite monkeys with infinite typewriter thought experiment) The thing they don't want to take into account is intelligent design. Now I am not talking the biblical 7 day account, but I believe that there is intelligent design that put this all in motion I just don't claim to even begin to fathom what that is. I think that is just a realistic as infinite universes.

Well the rules here that if your op is about a video you post then you must use the video's title as your title.

Like i also said in my op its a theory

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is true.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ying/yang
positive/negativ
plus/minus
matter anti-matter
earth/anti-earth

other universe going backwards is just normal !
where they hit we call present

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Well the rules here that if your op is about a video you post then you must use the video's title as your title.

Like i also said in my op its a theory
Wrong on both counts.

First, the forums where you must use the exact title of the source are the news forums. This isn't a news forum, so you don't have to use the exact title here. What is also not required, but would be nice for the science forum, would be to not only link to the video or article about the science, but also add the link to the arxiv.org paper on the topic so we can see what the scientists actually said. Sometimes the sources provide a link to the article, or sometimes they only mention the author, then what i do is type the lead author (first one listed usually) in the arxiv search and their most recent paper usually appears at the top.

Second, no scientist is claiming this is a scientific theory, at least I couldn't find any scientist claiming that. Maybe you could call it a distant hypothesis far down on their list pf possibilities of what may resolve the anomaly, and some scientists have mentioned a possibility of a "backwards" universe, though none claim to have discovered one that I could find. A distant hypothesis far down on the list of possibilities is not a scientific theory. I challenge you to find even one paper by scientists that calls this a scientific theory. All I could find was a viral duplication of numerous sources all copying each other with the misrepresented claim.

edit on 2021613 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Geez Louise. Look, its too late for me to change the title.

Even if its wrong, the idea of it can still be discussed. My bad for not doing a more thorough check but i seen the video right as i was falling asleep the other night and i thought i'd put it here for the members to discuss.

In the 10 years ive been a member here ive always believed that i have to post the video's title as my headline in any forum. So im sorry the headline is getting on your goat but alas you're stuck with it.

Ive dirtied your scientific forum with a crappy op, how ridiculous of me for being taken in by a youtube video. ah well...

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain
a reply to: kwakakev

Its all a matter of perspective. if your car is in reverse, and you are going backward, then you are going backwards. however, what if you were actually supposed to be going that way? its all perspective from an outside source that is viewing it, and what they believe to be the 'correct' way. why is up up, or down down. why can't up be down and down be up? In space what is up and down?

camain

I hope we don't have to live in the backwards Dimension, I don't fancy my friends and family getting really upset at digging me up at Birth and then being shoved back inside my Mum at the end of my life.

No.

Just, no!

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

If you assume this theory comes from tin-foil-hatists and conspiracy theorists, you’re wrong, because none other than NASA scientists have presented this sensational thesis.

NASA employees take off their tin foil once they get a job contract? I’d imagine the folks interested in working for NASA have some heavy duty wrap at home.
edit on 14-6-2021 by Neobucket because: How do I cut a quote?

edit on 14-6-2021 by Neobucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
All of this has happened before and it will all happen again...

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
At least you learned something, that the "use exact title" only applies to the news forums.
Even if you didn't go 10 years here without learning that and knew you could change it, in this case I don't see where you would have done that.

My commentary isn't so much to get you to change the title of this thread (which a mod might do if you asked them but it's not my point), the purpose is to get you to think a little when you're about to post your next thread with the crazy title that you haven't researched, to maybe spend few minutes researching it. I haven't seen anything else from that youtube channel you used, but I did see one of the comments said something like it seems like the stuff on that channel was made up. In this case not made up completely from thin air, but copied from somewhere else that made up the story, as a number of websites copied the false story from each other.

You don't have to do that of course, but if you post more false stories here, you don't expect us to just ignore that and pretend it's a real theory, do you?

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Y'know what. Im not just saying this because of your reply, but when i was posting this i knew i'd cop some flak about it. I knew it was too fantastic to be true but the idea of a parallel universe running backwards was too good to not post here.
But i just thought "# it im posting it" and went off to dreamland.

Wait 'til you see my next thread.

Its about aliens living in the centre of The Earth that manufacture stargates..

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

NASA Researchers Discover a Parallel Universe That Runs Backwards through Time - Alongside Us

Tell um they can send me thru first to test it. Any chance of
getting away from this one is worth it. This one's trashed.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Trinity is really hard to explain to some, does that make it true?

To make this claim, how do we know aside from the man behind the curtain?

Pictures, glimpses of some sort, or is it a recording we've tapped into, not a living universe?

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
That is of course assuming that the big bang theory is correct.

Yeah. Still just a theory at the moment that is very hard to prove. My notion of the Big Bang is the nexus point where everything turns in on itself. Never ending, never beginning.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Bulls*it

Firstly 'Discover' is not the same as 'theory' so it's clickbait.
Secondly, there are no links or citations to NASA saying this, just some random in a YT video.

edit on 15-6-2021 by ziplock9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Isn't a theory, not a discovery?

Just a guess something exists, not proof something does?

Sorry, seems like a click bait title. (Not OP, but the article/video titles)

I have many theories about multi-verses, many nothing like you often hear regarding such things. Have I made a discovery? Or does it not count because I don't have a Phd and NASA branding?

I am going to say no, I have not discovered anything. Because what I have is just that, a theory.

edit to add: also my theories could possibly contradict their theories. Which one of us is right?

edit to add add: Red Dwarf: Backwards
Never mind I remembered I saw the video proof already years ago. lol
edit on 15-6-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

Thank you for that.

Now, what do you think of the idea of a parallel universe that runs backwards to us?

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Aaaaarrrrrrgh....!!!!!!!!

Yeah its click baity and yeah its not a theory. Its an idea. My bad.

Yiz can still discuss the idea of a parallel universe that runs backwards. But if all you have to contribute is a big fat moan and groan, keep it to yourself.

And before someone comes on and tells me well what do i expect with that kind of headline. I know. Absolutely, i know. Just discuss the idea..

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wanna know the weirdest part about this for me? I've actually said this to an old friend of mine, I said, pretty much close to this: "There is another universe that runs backwards, and that's why babies cry when they are born because from there experience that is their death, not birth. They are being shoved into the womb to die from their point of view. We just experience it from the forward going side of things and our realities parallel one another. From their point of view, they got dug out of the grave cause their birth was ready or became came together from dust(if creamated)."

It was an attempt at humor, with the punchline really being about part where the baby is crying. But it is something I have thought about and it turned into a silly drunken conversation with my buddy. He already knew I am a little crazy so I felt comfortable telling that weird little "story" or whatever it should be called.
edit on 6/15/2021 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join