It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunting Leaks, Trump Officials Focused on Democrats in Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

WASHINGTON — As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step: Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.

All told, the records of at least a dozen people tied to the committee were seized in 2017 and early 2018, including those of Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, then the panel’s top Democrat and now its chairman, according to committee officials and two other people briefed on the inquiry. Representative Eric Swalwell of California said in an interview Thursday night that he had also been notified that his data had been subpoenaed.

Source

First it was revealed that the DoJ under Trump was spying on reporters in an attempt to figure out their informants. Now it turns out they were also spying on Democrat lawmakers as well. A completely unprecedented move.

Now while the move may be unprecedented it's not exactly unexpected. From day one Trump's DoJ had been weaponized against those deemed to be enemies of the administration. The fact that the DoJ worked with Project Veritas to fabricate evidence against the protesters at Trump's inauguration is proof enough of that.

Hopefully ATS can join together and condemn these actions like it has when previous administrations have made similar moves.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Once again proving that neither party is interested in the Constitution or our enumerated rights, it's all about power. Wake TF up America.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

This will go away quickly, once Democrats realize what was found by the DOJ.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

A completely unprecedented move.

The Obama Administration did it before.

The director of the Central Intelligence Agency, John Brennan, issued an extraordinary apology to leaders of the US Senate intelligence committee on Thursday, conceding that the agency employees spied on committee staff and reversing months of furious and public denials.

The Guardian
Keep in mind that the CIA is not allowed to perform operations inside the US.
edit on b000000302021-06-11T10:04:15-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 11 Jun 2021 10:04:15 -05001000000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Don’t count on it the ATS sheep lack integrity.

They found NOTHING. I find that hilarious.

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Please spare us the Liberal outrage when your own tactics are used against you. We didn't hear an outcry from the Left when Obama abused his power, so don't start whining now.

...and just in case you start that "come together" spiel ?.... you should have thought of that 4 years ago.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Democrats Caught in Huge Scandal

The process Trump’s DOJ used to obtain reporters’ records “follows the established procedures within its media guidelines policy,” said Biden Justice Department spokesman Marc Raimondi last month. “The targets of these investigations are not the news media recipients but rather those with access to the national defense information who provided it to the media and thus failed to protect it as lawfully required.”

I see Many are having memory problems ... I'll help refresh em
FLASHBACK

The Hunters are Now the HUNTED

edit on 11-6-2021 by NorthStreet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

People still think Biden and Trump are on different teams lol

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis
People still think Biden and Trump are on different teams lol

They are on the same team, Team Trash.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A backed handed puss way to say Trump abused his powers. Lolol

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nothing? The investigation has been closed.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

As AG Barr told a startled
Congress.....Obama spied on many individuals.

Made Swalwell fart on camera!

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The unprecedented part is the spying on actual lawmakers. While what the CIA did under Obama also should be condemned, they didn't actually spy on any members of Congress. Only staffers.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Good for Trump!

I am always hoping for a giant meteor or a zombie apocalypse, but I'll settle for a politicized DoJ (which it is now). I mean, Hunters laptop amirite?

We're in a Banana Frickin Republic right now and you have the temerity to sit above it all, noble and pure of heart accusing Trump of what the evil left have been doing since Obama.

"Good heavens, man, give them more than that! If you pay everyone what they deserve, would anyone ever escape a whipping? Treat them with honor and dignity.
The less they deserve, the more your generosity is worth. Lead them inside."
-Hamlet Scene 2 Act 2

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
A completely unprecedented move.

Were you alive during Obama years...lol There seems to also be a difference in "leaks of classified information" and just going after reporters that say things you do not like that Obama did.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Those iPhones belong to the taxpayers. It all should be public record. And no, Jao Bi Dun and President Trump are definitely not on the same team.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The unprecedented part is the spying on actual lawmakers. While what the CIA did under Obama also should be condemned, they didn't actually spy on any members of Congress. Only staffers.

The CIA denied that they even spied on the committee staff for months. Then they admitted that much.
You can believe that they weren't privy to info from the lawmakers themselves, and for that, I will deem you to be naive.

Again, the CIA isn't allowed by their charter to conduct operations in the US... but that didn't seem to stop them.

Plus, Senator Feinstein seemed to think it constituted a spying operation on Congress:

“The CIA unconstitutionally spied on Congress by hacking into Senate intelligence committee computers. This grave misconduct is not only illegal, but it violates the US constitution’s requirement of separation of powers. These offenses, along with other errors in judgment by some at the CIA, demonstrate a tremendous failure of leadership, and there must be consequences.

edit on b000000302021-06-11T10:17:01-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 11 Jun 2021 10:17:01 -05001000000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I posted last night that Schiff wants formal investigation. That would backfire... Revealing lots of dirt.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
Don’t count on it the ATS sheep lack integrity.

They found NOTHING. I find that hilarious.

Pfft.
There isn’t a Dem or Dem supporter alive or dead that has ever had any integrity.

To the OP....I don’t condemn this, in fact, I praise it and fully support it.

Imagine a group of people and their supporters that are so butthurt over losing an election that they will resort to every con artist tactic known to mankind to unseat a duly elected president?

Yeah that would be the unhinged Democrats and their hurt feelz supporters.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Obama will be exposed. Broke yesterday. NY seeking authority to prosecute.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join