It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunting Leaks, Trump Officials Focused on Democrats in Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I seem to recall Obama getting roasted pretty hard from all corners when it was revealed his administration had been spying on journalists.

...and just in case you start that "come together" spiel ?.... you should have thought of that 4 years ago.

I did. When Trump won I said that Dems need to be prepared to work with Republicans. I also said that Republicans need to stop gloating and putting down Democrats or the Dems won't want to work with them.

Guess what happened? The Republicans said they didn't need the Dems, they continued to gloat, and I was told to shut up. Imagine my lack of surprise when this arrogance led to the Dems employing the same methods the Republicans had used for the previous eight years.

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Did you happen to miss this ?

The process Trump’s DOJ used to obtain reporters’ records “follows the established procedures within its media guidelines policy,” said Biden Justice Department spokesman Marc Raimondi last month. “The targets of these investigations are not the news media recipients but rather those with access to the national defense information who provided it to the media and thus failed to protect it as lawfully required.”

Biden's Justice Dept says they didn't do anything wrong. They were going for the source of the leaks not the reporters themselves, unlike Obama who went after the reporters. And sent the IRS after Conservative groups and the list goes on, but I expect you to ignore that cause "Orange Man Bad".

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The unprecedented part is the spying on actual lawmakers. While what the CIA did under Obama also should be condemned, they didn't actually spy on any members of Congress. Only staffers.

So can a law maker do anything they want? Schiff and team had direct connections to the media, and he just pulled crap out of his ass saying he had full evidence etc.

So this type of behavior should not be investigated?
edit on 11-6-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No you didn't, you were full on screaming at the sky praying for "collusion" to get rid of the bad orange man.

You leftists are absurd. No integrity, no morals, and the only standards you have are double standards.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Imagine a group of people and their supporters that are so butthurt over losing an election that they will resort to every con artist tactic known to mankind to unseat a duly elected president?

You mean like when the Right, including our last President, spent eight years trying to point to anything they could to prove Obama wasn't eligible to be President?

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I seem to recall Obama getting roasted pretty hard from all corners when it was revealed his administration had been spying on journalists.

You use "unprecedented" over and over, so do you know what that word means? Obama was really bad in these areas not to mention the UNPRECEDENTED powers that Bush created with the patriot act. (see how I use it correctly) But it is always orange man bad...lol

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You may want to go back and re-read those Russia threads. I was pretty consistent in saying that, if proven, Trump should be removed but that I hadn't seen evidence to support the claims.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: knoxie

Did you happen to miss this ?

The process Trump’s DOJ used to obtain reporters’ records “follows the established procedures within its media guidelines policy,” said Biden Justice Department spokesman Marc Raimondi last month. “The targets of these investigations are not the news media recipients but rather those with access to the national defense information who provided it to the media and thus failed to protect it as lawfully required.”

Biden's Justice Dept says they didn't do anything wrong. They were going for the source of the leaks not the reporters themselves, unlike Obama who went after the reporters. And sent the IRS after Conservative groups and the list goes on, but I expect you to ignore that cause "Orange Man Bad".

Come on my friend, you know the truth and the facts don’t matter to these clowns.
Only their hurt feelz fantasies.

link   

Welp.

That proves it.

Orange Man Bad.

But wait...he was looking for the leakers. How is this wrong?

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You mean like when the Right, including our last President, spent eight years trying to point to anything they could to prove Obama wasn't eligible to be President?

Sure so what... BTW didn't Hillary start all that? Trump was just supporting the narrative Hillary created. I mean if Hillary says he was born in Kenya why should we not believe her, but you most likely conveniently don't remember that part. lol

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The process Trump’s DOJ used to obtain reporters’ records “follows the established procedures within its media guidelines policy,” said Biden Justice Department spokesman Marc Raimondi last month.

Important enough to repeat for all to see.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

Why is an investigation into leaks (and boy was there many) somehow spying?

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
After 5 years of "Investigate Trump and see if we can find anything" saying "If theres nothing wrong then submit to the investigation"

I'm sorry, not sorry that you'll just have to deal with the new world you created, where everyone will be investigated until everyone realizes all politicians are our employees, not our betters. They are disposable and shouldnt be in office for more that 4 years in a row.

Submit to the new world and get used to being investigated constantly.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

And the Obama administration was looking for Russian collaborators in the Trump campaign. How is that wrong?

The answer in both cases is because they actually need evidence to justify their spying. The fact that the DoJ cast such a wide net should be indicative of the fact they had no idea who they were looking for.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

And Schiff claimed for years he had undeniable proof, hard evidence and every closed door meeting he had was leaked to the press. Hell, every closed door meeting the President had was leaked within 20 mins if a liberal was there in the meeting. We also know there were a bunch of hanger-on after Obama that were definitely leaking, so none of this should be investigated, and it is just spying?

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a reply to: EdisonintheFM

And the Obama administration was looking for Russian collaborators in the Trump campaign. How is that wrong?

The answer in both cases is because they actually need evidence to justify their spying. The fact that the DoJ cast such a wide net should be indicative of the fact they had no idea who they were looking for.

And we are just looking for Chinese and Antifa collaborators and sympathizers,

I like your last sentance, its verbatim what the Right said during the whole Russia Gate and Peetape nonsense.

If you dont like others playing with your toys, then go home.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Would that be the same "media guidelines policy" that the Obama DoJ used to spy on reporters? Just because they have a policy in place doesn't mean the policy is good.

I just hope you remember these words when the Biden administration uses this policy to spy on reporters.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hopefully ATS can join together and condemn these actions like it has when previous administrations have made similar moves.

Hahaha....

Sweet!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The wrongness was Obama used a faked dossier, that they knew was fake, to get the FISA court's OK to spy on the others party's candidate. This made Watergate seem like child's play, and it didn't stop there. You do remember that Trump was impeached for even mentioning that Biden's dirty dealings should be looked into and the left tried to remove Trump before he was elected and years afterwards.

Its insane that you see both as OK when they directly conflict with each other.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

First it was revealed that the DoJ under Trump was spying on reporters in an attempt to figure out their informants. Now it turns out they were also spying on Democrat lawmakers as well. A completely unprecedented move.
From day one Trump's DoJ had been weaponized against those deemed to be enemies of the administration.

Unprecedented? Weaponized?

So, I guess you are totally unaware of the actually unprecedented actual weaponization of the Intelligence Community in order to actually spy on the President elect and his entire team for the unmitigating gall of winning an election.

At least Trumps team had a legitimate reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join