It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Fauci’s Boss Refutes His Claims About Wuhan Funding- Transparent Interview

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Remember in May, Senator Rand Paul confronted Dr. Tony Fauci for funding gain of function research in the US and then later at a lab in in Wuhan, China?

Dr. Fauci refuted the claims under oath despite the fact that there are documents that prove the US was funding the Wuhan lab under his direction.

Guess what?

Fauci's boss (Director Dr. Francis Collins) tossed his @ss under the bus, and agreed to transparency, in a full interview.

Fauci's Boss Refutes Funding Claims on Wuhan - Transparency

The grant funds that went to Wuhan, which were a subcontract from Eco Health, were very specifically aimed to try to categorize viruses that they could isolate from bats in Chinese caves, which we had a good reason to want to know more about, given SARS and MERS that had come out of there.

And so we basically had those criteria attached to the grant. And of course, the amount of money that we were providing to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, I’m sure, was a tiny fraction of their total funding.

And we had no control over what else they were doing with those funds. That’s another thing we’d like to know more about, and an investigation might potentially tell us.

And there ya have it folks, right from Fauci's bosses mouth. Does this make Fauci a liar, or criminal since he was under oath?

edit on 4-6-2021 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

The punishment for perjury in Washington DC is a fine of $5k and a prison sentence no greater than 10 years.

How about we just hang these guys?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

The punishment for perjury in Washington DC is a fine of $5k and a prison sentence no greater than 10 years.

How about we give him 800k in retirement per year, and amazing benefits to boot, because most likely that's what will happen. smh

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: and14263

How about we give him 800k in retirement per year, and amazing benefits to boot, because most likely that's what will happen. smh

Sad, but most likely true.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Only if they get resuscitated 100 times before the grand finale.

Crap, that’s still not good enough.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Dr. Collins' description matches my understanding of the funding situation with the Wuhan & this doesn't seem at odds with Dr. Fauci's sworn testimony. Where is the case you see for him lying under oath?

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I like the way your mind works.

It's frustrating that nothing will happen, I assume.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Any normal person would think with any "genuine" crisis this important and devastating, the corruption and psychotic bulls#t wouldn't be there. Oh well 🤣

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Remember in May, Senator Rand Paul confronted Dr. Tony Fauci for funding gain of function research in the US and then later at a lab in in Wuhan, China?

Dr. Fauci refuted the claims under oath despite the fact that there are documents that prove the US was funding the Wuhan lab under his direction.

Guess what?

Fauci's boss (Director Dr. Francis Collins) tossed his @ss under the bus, and agreed to transparency, in a full interview.

The grant funds that went to Wuhan, which were a subcontract from Eco Health, were very specifically aimed to try to categorize viruses that they could isolate from bats in Chinese caves, which we had a good reason to want to know more about, given SARS and MERS that had come out of there.

And so we basically had those criteria attached to the grant. And of course, the amount of money that we were providing to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, I’m sure, was a tiny fraction of their total funding.

And we had no control over what else they were doing with those funds. That’s another thing we’d like to know more about, and an investigation might potentially tell us.

And there ya have it folks, right from Fauci's bosses mouth. Does this make Fauci a liar, or criminal since he was under oath?

No, it makes you rather poor at reading comprehension. Here’s a more complete explanation issued by the National Institute of Health last month:

“Based on outbreaks of coronaviruses caused by animal to human transmissions such as in Asia in 2003 that caused Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), and in Saudi Arabia in 2012 that caused Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), NIH and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) have for many years supported grants to learn more about viruses lurking in bats and other mammals that have the potential to spill over to humans and cause widespread disease. However, neither NIH nor NIAID have ever approved any grant that would have supported “gain-of-function” research on coronaviruses that would have increased their transmissibility or lethality for humans.”

www.nih.gov...

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IagainstEye

Dr. Collins' description matches my understanding of the funding situation with the Wuhan & this doesn't seem at odds with Dr. Fauci's sworn testimony. Where is the case you see for him lying under oath?

Dr Fauci told senator Rand Paul that he was “incorrect“ for accusing federal agencies of funding Wuhan’s institute of virology – and the subsequent development of Covid. Rand Paul had falsely accused federal agencies of funding gain-of-function research in Wuhan, during a congressional hearing on Tuesday. It is alleged that Covid-19 was developed through gain-of-function research in the institute. Fauci told Paul: “You are entirely and completely incorrect that the NIH (National Institute of Health) has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan institute.”

I added red highlighting.
The Independent

“The emails paint a disturbing picture, a disturbing picture of Dr. Fauci, from the very beginning, worrying that he had been funding gain-of-function research,” Paul (R-Ky.) told Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle,” “and he knows it to this day, but hasn’t admitted it.”

New York Post

Not sure how you people don't see the lie.
If you still aren't getting it, read this article that ties in more info: foxbaltimore.com...

edit on b000000302021-06-04T10:50:35-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 04 Jun 2021 10:50:35 -05001000000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Stop with the Red-Herrings, and deflection. Slow your mind down just a bit, because that is not the topic. Reread the OP very carefully. Fauci's boss admitted to funding for Wuhan. Fauci deflected under oath.

Last months lies mean nothing. The director of the NIH just admitted the truth on June 2nd.

"And of course, the amount of money that we were providing to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, I’m sure, was a tiny fraction of their total funding."

Again "Wuhan Funding Denials, Fauci's boss telling the Real Truth and Fauci lying under oath" nothing else. That is the topic, anything else is just deflection and thread drift to derail the topic.

Who's the Director of the sources you claimed? The same one that just admitted the truth, in a live interview in the last few days. Director of the NIH (Dr. Francis Collins), and Fauci's boss.

I'll Take Who's the Director of the NIH and Tells the Truth for $800

Thanks for stopping in.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Dr Fauci told senator Rand Paul that he was “incorrect“ for accusing federal agencies of funding Wuhan’s institute of virology – and the subsequent development of Covid. Rand Paul had falsely accused federal agencies of funding gain-of-function research in Wuhan, during a congressional hearing on Tuesday. It is alleged that Covid-19 was developed through gain-of-function research in the institute. Fauci told Paul: “You are entirely and completely incorrect that the NIH (National Institute of Health) has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan institute.”

I added red highlighting.
The Independent

“The emails paint a disturbing picture, a disturbing picture of Dr. Fauci, from the very beginning, worrying that he had been funding gain-of-function research,” Paul (R-Ky.) told Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle,” “and he knows it to this day, but hasn’t admitted it.”

New York Post

Not sure how you people don't see the lie.
If you still aren't getting it, read this article that ties in more info: foxbaltimore.com...

I agree that Senator Paul and Dr. Fauci are in disagreement. Paul claims something inconsistent with Fauci's testimony, but I see no discrepancy between Dr. Fauci and Dr. Collins & no case for lying under oath.

Whether Senator Paul's claims are correct or not is a different question. I'm not aware of any reliable evidence that they are.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Bet china pays him well

Speaking of China I found a artical they funded saying the lab theory was racist

www.nationalreview.com...

Straight propaganda ... sorry racist dont base there hate on lab vs wet market they just hate asians

Its clear there's alot of money being pumped to make this lab theory go away

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I agree that Senator Paul and Dr. Fauci are in disagreement. Paul claims something inconsistent with Fauci's testimony, but I see no discrepancy between Dr. Fauci and Dr. Collins & no case for lying under oath.

You may be partially correct, since Fauci's word-play was pretty good when he was under-oath. But Wuhan was funded by NIH, for questionable studies beyond any doubt.

Paul claims are backed by 200 Cambridge scientists and a paper solid trail, Fauci's claims are loosely based hot-air, word play, and someone trying to cover their backside, because they have financial conflicts of interest, on multiple levels.

The Fauci email scandal is allowing people to make up their own minds.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You may be partially correct, since Fauci's word-play was pretty good when he was under-oath. But Wuhan was funded by NIH, for questionable studies beyond any doubt.

Paul claims are backed by 200 Cambridge scientists and a paper solid trail, Fauci's claims are loosely based hot-air, word play, and someone trying to cover their backside, because they have financial conflicts of interest, on multiple levels.

The Fauci email scandal is allowing people to make up their own minds.

The title of your thread is "Dr. Fauci’s Boss Refutes His Claims About Wuhan Funding- Transparent Interview", but it sounds like we're in agreement that this isn't true.

I know the claims of Senator Paul have been discussed here on ATS, but I'm not aware that there exists actual evidence for them. If a solid paper trail exists as evidence that the NIH knowingly funded the sorts of activities he claims, then that seems like a worthwhile topic for another thread. If a thread with this evidence exists already, I've missed it & the search function is... useless.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The title of your thread is "Dr. Fauci’s Boss Refutes His Claims About Wuhan Funding- Transparent Interview", but it sounds like we're in agreement that this isn't true.

Ah but we aren't in agreement, partial/ subjective word play or truth is subjective lying.

Even the Director of the NIH is playing that game as well.

And of course, the amount of money that we were providing to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, I’m sure, was a tiny fraction of their total funding. And we had no control over what else they were doing with those funds. That’s another thing we’d like to know more about, and an investigation might potentially tell us.

Fauci's email scandal has really created a mess for him, the Whitehouse, and the NIH. China is even squirming too now.

Interesting how you joined ATS in 2018, but have almost zero input until this thread. Welcome!!

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So I've noticed MANY posters recently who joined years ago and suddenly find the need to post in certain threads. It is quite interesting.

It would be harder to spot but certain names stick out...always contrarian...both hard and soft methods. Not just the usual suspects! I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
(Ananas comosus) is a tropical plant with an edible fruit and the most economically significant plant in the family Bromeliaceae.
To have a pineapple stuffed up a certain sphincter for eternity...some souls deserve this punishment.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IagainstEye

Whether Senator Paul's claims are correct or not is a different question. I'm not aware of any reliable evidence that they are.

I will rely on Fauci's own emails.
He knew what he was funding.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join