It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleeping-a form of time travel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wouldn't sleeping be a form of time travel, in a way?

You are in the present, you go to sleep and then when you wake up you are in the future from when you last were awake before you went to sleep.....

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yeah but.............. If you sat there with your eyes open and reading a book,you still end up in the future. Not time travel,more like reality.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
yeah, you've got a point. But you know, you close your eyes and then you open them and its like 8 hours in the future, and its seems like almost instantly. he he. its just a thought. Time travel probably won't be a reality in this dimension anyways.

btw, 33 or so views and only 1 reply? I know you guys wanna say something.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sleep is a screwy thing. Some nights last forever, others are over in an instant. I have never understod why the mind acts like that. I tend to think that when the mind is very tired you don't dream that much and time fly's. Kinda like when you go in for surgery. They knock you out,your under the knife for a couple of hours,but it seems like minutes.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
True nyeff. Been in surgery before. One time was out for almost a day, yet all I remember is getting a shot and two pills, then waking up after what seemed like a few minutes, when was out for over 20 hours!

Other times will sit in a chair, I blink, and it's three hours later. I think I only blinked, yet obviously slept for three hours.

Could be a form of time travel. But what is the best thing to use to see into the past? A telescope. What you see is lightyears away, so it could take the light thousands of years for you to see. So you see a star, but it isn't there anymore, just seeing the light that took 3,000 to get here.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
When I blink I end up half a second in the future. when If I sleep from 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM, I wake up 12 hours in the future. My friend who stayed up all nght took the long way.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And I've been saying this all along about sleeping/dreaming. You can dream of the *past* *present* and *future*..so of course it would be a 'form' of time travel, but that's in a different sense then what you've said Anton

Mag

join