It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MA school's racially segregated 'healing space' explicitly excluded White students

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Night Star
All this race crap shouldn't even be a thing, but it is and it's insane! It's like common sense grew wings and flew right out the window to destinations unknown.

You’re right. It shouldn’t be a thing.

But, it is.

To most racists, it is. To those of us where the color of a person's skin is irrelevant, it doesn't matter, never has, never will.

Which philosophy do you subscribe to?

Never mind, it was rhetorical since we already know your answer.

Society in general, in the US, is racist against darker skin.

Statistics prove that.

I just don’t bury my head in the sand with my white ego.

You don't bury your head in the sand? Thats great.

But what is it you personally do to fix the problem?

Pay your taxes and vote for people? Lecture others?

Do you feel lectured?

I raise my children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”.

I was just asking a question.

Sounds like you do precious little to help alleviate the problem. I mean seriously who doesn't raise their children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”. That's the next best thing to doing exactly nothing.

And your a grandparent? Meaning your on the older side of society. Your generation has a lot to account for; raising better children is the responsibility of any parent; its hardly something for people of your generation to hold up as "making a difference".

I propose we start asking for greater sacrifices from your generation before we start making school age children pay the price for systemic racism.

Its easy for white elderly liberals to sit in their homes and dream of a better future. They got theirs by standing on the backs black and brown people. Time to start giving most of that back.

I’m from CA — we’ve been on it for awhile.

The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959

is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, or immigration status. This law applies to all businesses in California, including hotels and motels, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, barber and beauty shops, housing accommodations, and retail establishments. The law was enacted in 1959 and was named for its author, Jesse M. Unruh. The Unruh Civil Rights Act is codified as California Civil Code section 51.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So then the problem is solved then?

If The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959 helped solve the problems why are we still facing systemic racism to the point that school age children need to be segregated in order for some of them to feel safe?

You aren't seriously making the argument that your generation brought us enlightening policies and that its these school children who are working to un do them?

Its always interesting to watch elderly white liberals point to 1950s -1960s Civil rights legislation as proof that they did something to make the world a better place while ignoring that their generation propagated all the systemic racism we are living with today.

Mobsters have this way of thinking. Bealeaving they have atonded for all the killing and looting by giving a little to the local church.

Come on now, one school doing this isnt proof of systemic rascism against whites. Or what segregation are you talking about thats in the OP article?
edit on 22-5-2021 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Night Star
All this race crap shouldn't even be a thing, but it is and it's insane! It's like common sense grew wings and flew right out the window to destinations unknown.

You’re right. It shouldn’t be a thing.

But, it is.

To most racists, it is. To those of us where the color of a person's skin is irrelevant, it doesn't matter, never has, never will.

Which philosophy do you subscribe to?

Never mind, it was rhetorical since we already know your answer.

Society in general, in the US, is racist against darker skin.

Statistics prove that.

I just don’t bury my head in the sand with my white ego.

You don't bury your head in the sand? Thats great.

But what is it you personally do to fix the problem?

Pay your taxes and vote for people? Lecture others?

Do you feel lectured?

I raise my children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”.

I was just asking a question.

Sounds like you do precious little to help alleviate the problem. I mean seriously who doesn't raise their children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”. That's the next best thing to doing exactly nothing.

And your a grandparent? Meaning your on the older side of society. Your generation has a lot to account for; raising better children is the responsibility of any parent; its hardly something for people of your generation to hold up as "making a difference".

I propose we start asking for greater sacrifices from your generation before we start making school age children pay the price for systemic racism.

Its easy for white elderly liberals to sit in their homes and dream of a better future. They got theirs by standing on the backs black and brown people. Time to start giving most of that back.

I’m from CA — we’ve been on it for awhile.

The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959

is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, or immigration status. This law applies to all businesses in California, including hotels and motels, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, barber and beauty shops, housing accommodations, and retail establishments. The law was enacted in 1959 and was named for its author, Jesse M. Unruh. The Unruh Civil Rights Act is codified as California Civil Code section 51.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So then the problem is solved then?

If The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959 helped solve the problems why are we still facing systemic racism to the point that school age children need to be segregated in order for some of them to feel safe?

You aren't seriously making the argument that your generation brought us enlightening policies and that its these school children who are working to un do them?

Its always interesting to watch elderly white liberals point to 1950s -1960s Civil rights legislation as proof that they did something to make the world a better place while ignoring that their generation propagated all the systemic racism we are living with today.

Mobsters have this way of thinking. Bealeaving they have atonded for all the killing and looting by giving a little to the local church.

Come on now, one school doing this isnt proof of systemic rascism against whites.

Perhaps you quoted the wrong post? I never said there was systemic rascism against whites.

ETA:

Or what segregation are you talking about thats in the OP article?

The OP is about a MA school that has created an area or event where white students are not allowed so that black, Asian and other minorities can heal.
edit on 22-5-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Apparently the entire US population, or at least a majority of it is obsessed with skin color and racism. Its hard to even imagine living in a country where every day everything isnt all about race. And the politicians and the woke elites wonder why people are increasingly self-segregating along racial lines?

Where''s the ":trust' going to be when the institutions like this school send the message that the POC are ever victims of the white oppressors thus legitimizing their hatred of white people that they learn at home?

This can not and will not end well for the poor whites left behind in the largely POC urban areas.

(post by LetTheColdCome removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Apparently the entire US population, or at least a majority of it is obsessed with skin color and racism. Its hard to even imagine living in a country where every day everything isnt all about race. And the politicians and the woke elites wonder why people are increasingly self-segregating along racial lines?

Where''s the ":trust' going to be when the institutions like this school send the message that the POC are ever victims of the white oppressors thus legitimizing their hatred of white people that they learn at home?

This can not and will not end well for the poor whites left behind in the largely POC urban areas.

A "majority" is a stretch. It's a very large minority that happens to be very vocal and litigious. It also happens to be leaning toward the Democratic party, which the media is happy to report upon. It only makes is seem more widespread than it really is, don't fall for their media full-court press.

Wellesley is a town very near the capital of Boston, and does not represent the entire state It's an uber liberal area). Just as this movement does not represent the entire nation. I live in this state, and actually know one of the teachers directly involved. She is actually a very nice and caring person....or was. Until this Critical Theory BS got into her mind. She accused me of being a Nazi when I told her that this move was just as racist as when Black people were segregated.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well duh. They’re racist.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Does the intent not mater?

Discrimination is discrimination. No matter the intent.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

This does seem true in the virtual world.

I live in America, in a rural area, and my job takes me all over the county. I cover some of the wealthiest areas, and some of the poorest. I rarely see the America they keep wanting to claim exists.

I am in no way saying that America does not have racist. I am saying that just like everything the internet blows out of proportion, this is just another one of those booby traps that people allow themselves to fall into. I suggest before accepting the images that the internet provides, that everyone walk outside and see for themselves if the sky is falling.

So no, the entire US population is not obsessed with skin color and racism.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Annee

That’s been done.

You're right, it has, and it is just as disturbing and disgusting to see it happen now as it should have been then. But guess what? The people who thought POC were somehow less human than white folks are all dead and buried with the exception of a few. The tiny percentage of morons alive today who think this way are disdained by white folks as much as "people of color".

Don't fall for the Neo-Marxist agenda. It has zero to do with race. It has everything to do with elitist a-holes who love using and dividing people and stirring up hate to further their own agenda.

Fortunately, most Americans aren't falling for it.

We’re a long way from race equality.

White is still dominant.

The white race is the minority in the world. When are you going to stick up for white people.

And as for your first post in this thread. When was this done ?

I am still expecting and awaiting a response to this Anee.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Question: If you create a healing safe space for kids who are white but identify as Black/Asian, is it racist?

they made a movie about that,

and his rhymes was tight.

his pops was even down with the b's and h's

made me want to vote for em.

edit on 22-5-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Don't really get to hear any of this crap in South America or the M.E, to Asia, and only apparent N.A an Western Europe. I don't think BLM or Antifa protests would last long, or even be able to rally in places like Russia, China, etc.

As for whites being a minority in comparison, that mostly cause of genes an then theres the economics of some countries, like India an China where it that bad.
As for genes, white are usually dormant or passive trait rather then a dominant, or a bolden one. Whites an Asians are also from Neanderthals...Science!

I heard there was a lesbian protest in Vietnam some time ago, didn't last long.
edit on 22-5-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That’s been done.

You're right, it has, and it is just as disturbing and disgusting to see it happen now as it should have been then. But guess what? The people who thought POC were somehow less human than white folks are all dead and buried with the exception of a few. The tiny percentage of morons alive today who think this way are disdained by white folks as much as "people of color".

Don't fall for the Neo-Marxist agenda. It has zero to do with race. It has everything to do with elitist a-holes who love using and dividing people and stirring up hate to further their own agenda.

White is still dominant.

The white race is the minority in the world. When are you going to stick up for white people.

ATS is not my life.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

That’s been done.

Two wrongs do not make a right, and suggesting what has happened in the past somehow justifies the idiocy happening today is absurd. What about in another 50-60 years and the tables reverse once again, would it be OK then for whites to have only white-spaces again? Because, after all, "it's been done".

This is the issue with a lot of people today. They think because someone has been wronged that it gives that person free range to do the same. It doesn't, not by a long shot. And all this is doing is creating more racists on both sides. It's creating people who think they are better than the other because they're allowed special privilege's others are not.

And those "who are not" are growing resentment towards those with privileges because they've been taught their whole life that skin color has no say in matters. So they think, "why the special treatment?".

It's stoking the fire and it's one of two things: 1) Either plain stupidity pushed by idiot leftists that have no place in society or 2) It's done on purpose explicitly to stoke the fire.

Either way it's not good.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I wonder how white Latinos deal with this?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Segregation was wrong when it favoured white and it’s just as wrong when it favours non-white.

This kind of blunt axe swing of the pendulum of ‘justice’ trying to effect equilibrium will fail. Inertia will see it swinging far past the centre, until it reaches the opposite position from where it started.

That’s not the much needed re-balancing - that’s revenge. You do know how many graves they say you should dig in that scenario?

All of these blunt, dim witted, reactionary, virtue signalling moves justifies the next one.

Social media and it’s militant cancel culture puts rocket boosters under this slide from justice to revenge and that won’t end well for anyone, whatever colour they identify as.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Modern life where 2 wongs always make a white..... or something. I might be saying it wrong.

But you'll never have equality while we continue to point out our differences, and refuse to focus on the similarities, refuse to stop living in the past and start living in 2021.

You want equality? be an Egalitarian. Any thing else is just divisive.

Equality is not being treated equal then demanding more and more and it certainly isn't self segregation.

Modern equality for me has just been flipping the racism, sexism, and other bigotries of the past around.
It's about playing your card.

I do not care who you are and what group you think you belong to.

Gays can be intolerant, blacks can be racist, women can be sexists and sex offenders, Jews can be bigots. Just as not every Caucasian person, especially males is those things simply because 'white'. Everyone has stereotypes and extremists exist in every group.

Long past time for people to get a wake up call and get their heads out of their asses and face reality.

I'm not privileged because of the vagina I came from, I am not privileged because I have to work my ass for what I have. I never got a scholarship thanks to the privilege of having Caucasian skin. (I say skin because I am mixed race.)

I do not and have never judged anyone based on their genetics and lifestyle. But boy oh boy have I experienced this personally from people who from what they cry about, should know better.

We need to make judging people on their actions, how they are as a human, not what you are, but who you are the standard.

This whole rules for thee but not for me BS just keeps the world divided.
How is it not just common sense and logic? Seems as obvious as a brick to the face.

If we're completely honest most people who cry on about equality and tolerance actually mean "I want special treatment, I want to be better than you."

You know what really is privilage?

People sitting on their asses, smoking weed, playing playstation and Xbox or watching netflix all day long, while they never have to look for work getting government benefits because of something that happened to someone they never knew 200 years ago.

Getting a full scholarship because you were born with the right skin and nothing else.

Expecting more pay despite earning the exact same hourly rates as everyone because of your genitals and no other reason.

Saying nobody will hire you when you've never applied for a single job in your life, because your community has pumped into your head your entire life that you existing is a hardship and strangers owe you.

Privilege is getting a free pass for crimes because you have a vagina instead of a penis.

Privilege is saying things to me as I walk down the street and having no consequences when in the reverse I'd be accused of a hate crime.

Privilege is being a complete and utter asshole to everyone then getting away with it because you have a 'diversity pass'.

Privilege is crying that people are appropriating your 'culture' while you're appropriating the hell out of theirs.

Privilege is being able to loot, riot and harm those in even your own communities and not be held accountable like anyone else is.

Privilege is committing a crime then crying that you died when you'd be alive if you hadn't been a piece of crap human being doing wrong.

And I could list a million other things.

I'm pretty patient, I'm pretty open minded and accepting of all people, but I'm getting sick of it.
It needs to stop, the double standards, the hypocrisy and straight up idiocy of it all but I don't think it ever will.

Because why would anyone give it up when it get's them what they want and people are too scarred to stop it lest they be #cancelled...

Goddamn I have Asperger's and this sh*t even goes on in the autistic/Asperger's community, and you are public enemy number one if you try to point it out. Try to get people to take control of and be responsible for their lives and the things they can control.

At this rate the world is going to implode, it's on its way that is for sure and of course people will act all surprised when it does despite being visible from miles away.

Do you really think any race or gender that had privilege and superiority would be putting up with this crap? Would be giving people they consider 'lesser' more and more freedoms?

No, if such a group of humans existed you would of been genocided and eugenics'd out of existence long ago. You wouldn't have a vote, you wouldn't be in their schools, they wouldn't be giving you welfare, they wouldn't be letting you have a job let alone become a millions making music or move star. Women would still be at home pumping out babies and chained to the kitchen like some 3rd world country. Disabled folks, virtual vegetables would be disposed of without a fuss, not kept alive on expensive medical equipment.

It's not the 1600's any more. But plenty sure as hell act like it is. lol how am I meant to believe a species this blatantly stupid have actually managed to put a man on the moon?

As I constantly say, in Western nations if the average person turns off the TV, and internet, stays off news sites and social media, and takes a walk down the street 99% of this MANUFACTURED nonsense just vanishes. (even Covid FFS)

And when you do see troubles, it's usually the squeaky wheels causing it, not the people they're pointing fingers at.

Boggles my mind how deluded we are to what is right in front of us for the entire world to see.
I swear one day I'll be in a park look up at the sky and say "wow the sky is sooo blue today" and I'll get lynched by people screaming at me "THE SKY IS RED YOU MONSTER!!!"

Seriously WTF is wrong with this species? Maybe we should put children in charge. The adults these days are honestly more immature than a stupid kid ever could be.

You want to be my equal? Then maybe once in a while act like you are.
edit on 23-5-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos, probably more in there.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That’s been done.

White is still dominant.

ATS is not my life.

Weak deflection and instead of saying that you could have just as easily responded.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

That’s been done.

White is still dominant.

ATS is not my life.

Weak deflection and instead of saying that you could have just as easily responded.

Probably because to make any further comment would solidify her position. Those racists tendencies and willingness to defend racist policies would make it even more blatantly clear that this move on the part of the MA school was indeed racist.

Some simply cannot admit that fact.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Those of us who live and work in the real world see this all the time.

I see blacks, whites, latinos, etc... living, working, and playing together all the time.

That there is racism goes without saying, or should. But to say it's some form of systemic problem is wrong.

I've travelled these United States quite extensively over the years, as well as parts of Canada, and Mexico, seen some bad things, but more often, much more often, than not good things where race is concerned.

I can't help but wonder if those who claim that racism/bigotry is so rampant is they're looking at a reflection in a mirror...?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I am of Sicilian decent, not really white skinned, olive, not really very Anglo Saxon looking. Wonder if they would let me in the room or am I too white? They need to come up with some kind of color chart like the paint stores have so we can match ourselves up and figure out what we are.
edit on 23-5-2021 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join