It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MA school's racially segregated 'healing space' explicitly excluded White students

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Night Star
All this race crap shouldn't even be a thing, but it is and it's insane! It's like common sense grew wings and flew right out the window to destinations unknown.

You’re right. It shouldn’t be a thing.

But, it is.

To most racists, it is. To those of us where the color of a person's skin is irrelevant, it doesn't matter, never has, never will.

Which philosophy do you subscribe to?

Never mind, it was rhetorical since we already know your answer.

Society in general, in the US, is racist against darker skin.

Statistics prove that.

I just don’t bury my head in the sand with my white ego.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: Annee

Dont be a racist, and dont defend racist acts....

You dont get a pass, because of what race youre oppressing.

I support equality.

We’ve got a long way to go.

You clearly dont, when youre ok with treating people differently by their color.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

Dont be a racist, and dont defend racist acts....

You dont get a pass, because of what race youre oppressing.

I support equality.

We’ve got a long way to go.

I looked up the definition of equality and I simply do not believe that you support it if you think there's still a long way to go.

equality: the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.

I think what you support is higher status, more rights, and bigger opportunities for minorities over white people, not equal.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=25897886]Annee

I’m half Irish — half German.

Can’t get much whiter — unless maybe Nordic.

Just wow... And if you were truly Irish, you'd know exactly the history of impression of those even whiter peeps. The Irish have been scorned and enslaved for centuries. Fortunately, most Irish are tough as freaking nails and don't need SJW advocating for them.

What I find amusing is SJW's, such as yourself, want to right the wrongs of yesteryear but initiating racist policies to make things better. Yet, there is still MASSIVE slavery still occurring around the world TODAY that you SJW's COMPLETELY ignore. Apparently taking on that battle doesn't give you the proper superior complex needed to function.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

All this race crap shouldn't even be a thing, but it is and it's insane! It's like common sense grew wings and flew right out the window to destinations unknown.

But, it is.

To most racists, it is. To those of us where the color of a person's skin is irrelevant, it doesn't matter, never has, never will.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack

Just wow... And if you were truly Irish, you'd know exactly the history of impression of those even whiter peeps. The Irish have been scorned and enslaved for centuries. Fortunately, most Irish are tough as freaking nails and don't need SJW advocating for them.

What I find amusing is SJW's, such as yourself, want to right the wrongs of yesteryear but initiating racist policies to make things better. Yet, there is still MASSIVE slavery still occurring around the world TODAY that you SJW's COMPLETELY ignore. Apparently taking on that battle doesn't give you the proper superior complex needed to function.

Do you think she'll ever see it? I don't think she'll ever see it.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack

I’ve studied Irish/Irish American history. My grandfather was first generation.

I’m Palatine Protestant German. Of which Penn helped to migrate to the New World along with Quakers. Also studied that history.

I live TODAY.

And BTW — the real prejudice against the Early Irish in America was because they were poor. People feared them because of disease from filthy living conditions.

But, as they gained prominence, they then treated others as they had once been treated.
edit on 21-5-2021 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Your ego is white?

Wild....

I think mine /used/ to be purple, or more of a mauve; can't remember last time I checked.

Do you honestly believe that an ego, or an id, or any other manifestation of one's psychological ;makeup,.....has a "color"?

I've never read much Freud, but in what I've researched, I haven't found much in his theories concerning race.

I keep hearing from the racial experts that there IS no concept of race; it's all just a social construct.

How do you stand on the subject? IS race a social construct, ergo a LEARNED behavior, OR, is the sense of reality/identity, i.e. ego, and intrinsic biological trait (i.e. "white ego").

If you want my advice (which I'm sure you don't but I've written this much so I might as well type this part out), stop subjecting yourself to the opinions of friends, associates, life coaches, talking heads, "influencers", content creators that seek to monetize and enrich themselves from cultivating a sense of guilt in YOU based on things YOU have never done. To say it differently, free your mind and ego. It's hard to do, because the cottage industry of profiting off of identity politics has saturated EVERYTHING today, but it's still possible to tune it out, and still remain a fair, reasoned person that treats everyone with respect.

The most important person to treat fairly is YOURSELF. Don't damn yourself because of the color of your skin, and I'm being completely serious here. Don't let anyone criticize you for your "white ego", that just sounds disgusting. I hope you find peace, I genuinely do. It's not healthy to dislike yourself for your the way you were born.
edit on 21-5-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

Yes. Recall the brief push to make folks give up seafood because so much of it depends on Asian slave labor? I'll bet you don't because much of it is also farmed and sustainable suddenly became a buzzword.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No. You don't. You're constantly visiting the sins of Americans past upon Americans present.

The slavery and segregation of nearly a generation or more ago is something you are blaming today's children for.

That's not living TODAY.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. You don't. You're constantly visiting the sins of Americans past upon Americans present.

The slavery and segregation of nearly a generation or more ago is something you are blaming today's children for.

That's not living TODAY.

Well, we now know where YOUR heads at.

edit on 21-5-2021 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

I also do not delude myself the equality is the same as equity. I believe in equality and not punishing people today for actions of the past. I prefer to call out those that, today, use skin color as a tool to divide people (like you seem to support in this thread).

That, IMO, is so very blindly racist that it is disgusting. I prefer to advocate and demonstrate equality, because your skin color doesn't represent your character.

So, we know where you head's at.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

I also do not delude myself the equality is the same as equity. I believe in equality and not punishing people today for actions of the past. I prefer to call out those that, today, use skin color as a tool to divide people (like you seem to support in this thread).

That, IMO, is so very blindly racist that it is disgusting. I prefer to advocate and demonstrate equality, because your skin color doesn't represent your character.

Recognizing systematic racism is not racist.

Denying it is.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Denying it is.

Yet proving that claim is hard.....a lot harder than during the Jim Crow era, huh? So, doesn't that say we've made progress? It will always be a struggle. But further dividing people based upon skin color is still freaking WRONG!!!!

Get it????!!!

It's wrong no mater who is doing it. And defending that reaction, as you are, is merely a racist wearing a pink fluffy hooded robe saying they are not a racist, while it hides a white hoodie underneath.

Just don't !!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Of course.

Y'see, it quit being about justice, and became about vengeance some time ago.

If were about justice, everyone would be included--y'know, that inclusiveness so many maunder on about, but don't really practice.

Nope. This is all about vengeance, tit for tat, I believe someone called it.

Bigotry is just as ugly as ever...even if they don't call it that.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why would you want to stop this?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Can you not see the problem here with this sort of thing??

It doesn't solve the problem, it just avoids it.

Bigotry of any sort needs to be confronted, and dealt with peacefully. Hiding from it does nothing to aid in solving.

Nor does exclusion.

To paraphrase...

Do we not all bleed the same color??

Read portions of Lincolns Second Inaugural made shortly before his assassination... It might help in understanding why this sort of exclusion is barking down the wrong path.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's funny...because they always exclude white people.

Then white people do their own thing 10x better .

And then minorities claim white people wont let them in.

Who would want to be part of that healing group anyway

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

That’s been done.

You're right, it has, and it is just as disturbing and disgusting to see it happen now as it should have been then. But guess what? The people who thought POC were somehow less human than white folks are all dead and buried with the exception of a few. The tiny percentage of morons alive today who think this way are disdained by white folks as much as "people of color".

Don't fall for the Neo-Marxist agenda. It has zero to do with race. It has everything to do with elitist a-holes who love using and dividing people and stirring up hate to further their own agenda.

Fortunately, most Americans aren't falling for it.

We’re a long way from race equality.

White is still dominant.

Lol. Well thank the lort we are a.long way off still.

There is no such thing as "race equality" or inequality at that. Mainly because there is no such thing as race, based on skin color. There is the human race...and that's about it, as far as we know. Within the human race there are many cultures and physical differences. Melanin concentration being one of them. But outside that, humans are 99.9% identical in DNA.

What exactly is "race equality", other than what I can only imagine is neo-marxism?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Denying it is.

Hahaha...oh my.

You see, the people who choose to focus on skin color as a means to their explanation for everything "unfair" or "wrong" in their world view...IS racism. More accurately, it's materialism as they simply only focus on the material that makes the human. As opposed to the character and behavior.

Are people racist? Yes, obviously they can be.

Is everyone? Hell no!

Is there systemic racism in the West right now? No!

If there is, please point out the laws and policies currently on the books.

Was there systemic racism in history? Yes!

Most of us do not live in the past, we live in the present.

Try and keep up.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join