It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MA school's racially segregated 'healing space' explicitly excluded White students

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Night Star
All this race crap shouldn't even be a thing, but it is and it's insane! It's like common sense grew wings and flew right out the window to destinations unknown.

You’re right. It shouldn’t be a thing.

But, it is.

To most racists, it is. To those of us where the color of a person's skin is irrelevant, it doesn't matter, never has, never will.

Which philosophy do you subscribe to?

Never mind, it was rhetorical since we already know your answer.

Society in general, in the US, is racist against darker skin.

Statistics prove that.

I just don’t bury my head in the sand with my white ego.

I also do not delude myself the equality is the same as equity. I believe in equality and not punishing people today for actions of the past. I prefer to call out those that, today, use skin color as a tool to divide people (like you seem to support in this thread).

That, IMO, is so very blindly racist that it is disgusting. I prefer to advocate and demonstrate equality, because your skin color doesn't represent your character.

So, we know where you head's at.

Recognizing systematic racism is not racist.

Denying it is.

No, get a dictionary. Racism, and how much racism you THINK exists, isnt the same discussion. Thinking that racism exists, doesnt make you not racist. Not believing racism is as bad you do, does not make me racist.

No telling someone they cant be somewhere, or cant participate because of thier skin color; is racism.
As to systemic racism, please list one racist law being executed today. Let me guess, you dont really know what systemic racism is..

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
www.foxnews.com...

A parents group has filed a federal civil rights complaint alleging that a Massachusetts school district excluded White students from a healing space designated for other racial and ethnic groups.

According to the Parents Defending Education (PDE) complaint, Wellesley Public Schools sent an invitation to Asian American, Black, Indigenous and people of color students to attend the event, explicitly disallowing Whites.

"*Note: This is a safe space for our Asian/Asian-American and Students of Color, *not* for students who identify only as White," a March 2021 email read.

Ok, let's turn this around. What if they announced a meeting for White kids only ? How do you think that would go over ? It would be [ as it should ] called discrimination and racist, but as long as it's White kids, everything is just fine. They are segregating children based on color, driving the wedge deeper and deeper and teaching them to hate each other.

That’s been done.

So has the Holocaust, another hit and run post by the Marxist Anne

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

All this race crap shouldn't even be a thing, but it is and it's insane! It's like common sense grew wings and flew right out the window to destinations unknown.

But, it is.

To most racists, it is. To those of us where the color of a person's skin is irrelevant, it doesn't matter, never has, never will.

Statistics prove that.

I also do not delude myself the equality is the same as equity. I believe in equality and not punishing people today for actions of the past. I prefer to call out those that, today, use skin color as a tool to divide people (like you seem to support in this thread).

That, IMO, is so very blindly racist that it is disgusting. I prefer to advocate and demonstrate equality, because your skin color doesn't represent your character.

So, we know where you head's at.

Recognizing systematic racism is not racist.

Denying it is.

No its not, and stop pretending it is.......recognizing that its NOT a thing no matter how hard you marxists try to push it, is common sense...

For the same reason that so many "racist attacks" weve seen over the last 5 years have been completely made up out of whole cloth....

Imagine a society where racisms is SO NOT a thing, you have to MAKE UP attacks, just to keep it alive......and THEN have to institute actual racism against white people instead and call it ok.....

Get out of here with your bullcrap
edit on 5/21/2021 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Even though I don't agree with the PDE, this is clearly segregation, and a case when extreme liberal SJW can be racist, and conservatives can be racist because basically the staff of Wellesley Public schools are all white and they came up with this idea....the irony is the complaint "the white kids are segregated" when the white school district are clearly organizing all the minorities to be in their one place.

The white staff clearly segregated the minorities away from the white kids, and brought all the white kids together. Nuts. Both political groups are racist.

Poor kids...

Then there is this fact from the Boston Globe:

In Wellesley, an affluent suburban district, 70 percent of students are white, 14 percent are Asian-American, 4 percent are Black, and 5 percent are Latino.

So really the minorities in that school district are going to be really small. Honestly their safe group they created would be a relatively small gathering and might be needed if one takes the "safe space" seriously. That email from a professional academic was really bad. The "safe space" probably wouldn't have gotten the complaint if they were more careful with their words in that email because I'm positive lots of schools have provided these groups for minorities.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

You don't bury your head in the sand? Thats great.

But what is it you personally do to fix the problem?

Pay your taxes and vote for people? Lecture others?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Do you feel lectured?

I raise my children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Do you feel lectured?

I raise my children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”.

I was just asking a question.

Sounds like you do precious little to help alleviate the problem. I mean seriously who doesn't raise their children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”. That's the next best thing to doing exactly nothing.

And your a grandparent? Meaning your on the older side of society. Your generation has a lot to account for; raising better children is the responsibility of any parent; its hardly something for people of your generation to hold up as "making a difference".

I propose we start asking for greater sacrifices from your generation before we start making school age children pay the price for systemic racism.

Its easy for white elderly liberals to sit in their homes and dream of a better future. They got theirs by standing on the backs black and brown people. Time to start giving most of that back.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Annee

Is that your way of saying tit for tat its justified?

Its got to end somewhere

It WAS ended, prior to 2008, then it suddenly ramped back up and the race to divide the country was on like a chicken bone.

The sorry thing about this, is that it truly has not ever ended. At least not for those in positions of real power. We have been running around in a labyrinth, and the walls are being moved to the advantage of those controlling the whole game.

When I young, we had signs that divided the races. There were white only and colored only signs everywhere. When those signs became illegal, it was a great day for America. The evil was not in the signs. The evil was in the ideology behind the signs. The evil that lurked in the minds of hearts of many. It was not destroyed with the removal of the signs. We cannot allow those signs a place in America ever again. Regardless to whom they claim is placing them. The controllers are still manipulating the game.

This evil seems to have laid dormant in the darkness of our hearts waiting for the right time for a new growth. The cycle for harvest is, the preparing of the soil, the sowing of the seeds, the application of manure and fertilizers, the watering, then the harvesting, and the storage.

We are presently in all those stages of the cycle, and it will continue, until we stop allowing ourselves to be deceived, manipulated, and controlled.

We have enough problems. Color and race should not be our focus. You think they don't know what will happen if we ever woke up to the real problems in this world, and stopped fighting each other and worked together to resolve those problems? The power brokers would be in serious trouble. They know that, that is why they have to keep us apart at all cost.

Word.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Do you feel lectured?

Sounds like you do precious little to help alleviate the problem. I mean seriously who doesn't raise their children and grandchildren to “look inside people and see their heart”. That's the next best thing to doing exactly nothing.

And your a grandparent? Meaning your on the older side of society. Your generation has a lot to account for; raising better children is the responsibility of any parent; its hardly something for people of your generation to hold up as "making a difference".

I propose we start asking for greater sacrifices from your generation before we start making school age children pay the price for systemic racism.

Its easy for white elderly liberals to sit in their homes and dream of a better future. They got theirs by standing on the backs black and brown people. Time to start giving most of that back.

I’m from CA — we’ve been on it for awhile.

The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959

is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, or immigration status. This law applies to all businesses in California, including hotels and motels, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, barber and beauty shops, housing accommodations, and retail establishments. The law was enacted in 1959 and was named for its author, Jesse M. Unruh. The Unruh Civil Rights Act is codified as California Civil Code section 51.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Do you honestly believe that an ego, or an id, or any other manifestation of one's psychological ;makeup,.....has a "color"? 

Clearly racist AF.

How can she not see it?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Do you feel lectured?

is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, or immigration status. This law applies to all businesses in California, including hotels and motels, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, barber and beauty shops, housing accommodations, and retail establishments. The law was enacted in 1959 and was named for its author, Jesse M. Unruh. The Unruh Civil Rights Act is codified as California Civil Code section 51.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Yet 62 years later, you're here crying about racism.

I think you're obsessed with skin colour.
edit on 2152021 by Wide-Eyes because: We all bleed red.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

But, it is.

Statistics prove that.

Do you feel lectured?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So then the problem is solved then?

If The Unruh Civil Rights Act 1959 helped solve the problems why are we still facing systemic racism to the point that school age children need to be segregated in order for some of them to feel safe?

You aren't seriously making the argument that your generation brought us enlightening policies and that its these school children who are working to un do them?

Its always interesting to watch elderly white liberals point to 1950s -1960s Civil rights legislation as proof that they did something to make the world a better place while ignoring that their generation propagated all the systemic racism we are living with today.

Mobsters have this way of thinking. Bealeaving they have atonded for all the killing and looting by giving a little to the local church.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It should be a law that people who discriminate against any student shouldn't be allowed within 500 feet of a school.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In case anyone is still confused....I made this to simply the message.

(post by LetTheColdCome removed for a manners violation)
(post by LetTheColdCome removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Does the intent not mater?

The first one was created so that people of Annee's generation and race could segregate themselves from people they thought of as less then human.

The second one was created so the kids of those who were treated as less then human could protect themselves from the kids of Annee's generation and race.

Does it really matter that in the end the people of Annee's generation and race are still getting what they have wanted from the beginning?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Does the intent not mater?

The first one was created so that people of Annee's generation and race could segregate themselves from people they thought of as less then human.

The second one was created so the kids of those who were treated as less then human could protect themselves from the kids of Annee's generation and race.

Does it really matter that in the end the people of Annee's generation and race are still getting what they have wanted from the beginning?

Yes. It matters.

It was wrong then, and is still wrong today.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   
History is what it is.

originally posted by: DAVID64
www.foxnews.com...

A parents group has filed a federal civil rights complaint alleging that a Massachusetts school district excluded White students from a healing space designated for other racial and ethnic groups.

According to the Parents Defending Education (PDE) complaint, Wellesley Public Schools sent an invitation to Asian American, Black, Indigenous and people of color students to attend the event, explicitly disallowing Whites.

"*Note: This is a safe space for our Asian/Asian-American and Students of Color, *not* for students who identify only as White," a March 2021 email read.

Ok, let's turn this around. What if they announced a meeting for White kids only ? How do you think that would go over ? It would be [ as it should ] called discrimination and racist, but as long as it's White kids, everything is just fine. They are segregating children based on color, driving the wedge deeper and deeper and teaching them to hate each other.

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Annee

That’s been done.

You're right, it has, and it is just as disturbing and disgusting to see it happen now as it should have been then. But guess what? The people who thought POC were somehow less human than white folks are all dead and buried with the exception of a few. The tiny percentage of morons alive today who think this way are disdained by white folks as much as "people of color".

Don't fall for the Neo-Marxist agenda. It has zero to do with race. It has everything to do with elitist a-holes who love using and dividing people and stirring up hate to further their own agenda.

Fortunately, most Americans aren't falling for it.

We’re a long way from race equality.

White is still dominant.

Your do realize that globally "white" or rather Caucasian is the minority, right? ... you know what forget that for a moment. What I would like to know is what YOU think we should do to bring equality to the masses. Doesn't have to be specific (though it would be nice to better understand your thought process) as that could take a lot of time to lay out. No, general terms would be fine for this topic at this point in time. So again what do you think needs to be done to bring about equality?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join