It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China already engaged in 'grey zone' warfare with Australia: Major General

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This video covers comments made by a top Australian military commander; Major General Adam Findlay who has told Aussie soldiers that China is already engaged in "grey zone" warfare against Australia and they must prepare for the high likelihood of an actual conflict.

Source: Sky News Australia

This comes off the back of escalating tensions between Australia and China over the past few years that has seen a sharp increase in hostilities in the past 12-18 months. Every day it seems that tensions between Australia (and other Western nations) and China are intensifying with many believing that a military conflict between China and the West and our allies is a zero sum game.

I've watched a few YT videos of people war gaming scenarios of China invading Australia who believe it unlikely as it is a logistically challenging task however, these videos are not produced by military experts. China have historically not expanded their empire by conquest however, through trade, cultural influence and other methods.

I believe that in these modern times China would again not look to invade Australia (atleast in the initial phase) and being a relatively isolated island nation could wage a war of attrition on us through naval blockades and their cyber warfare units causing catastrophic failure of our electrical grids, water supply systems etc. exerting a siege type situation on Australia and waiting for capitulation.

Here is a synopsis of the deterioration in the relationship between Australia and China (Source: The Conversation)

April then PM Malcolm Turnbull visits Beijing - no Australian leader has been there since
October the CCP declares President Xi Jinping "core leader", elevating him to the same status as former leaders Mao Zedong and Deng Xiaoping

March: Foreign Minister Julie Bishop casts doubt on China's political system in a lecture in Singapore
December: then PM Turnbull says the Australian people will "stand up" after introducing new foreign interference legislation

February: Xi becomes "leader for life" after the National People's COngress abolishes term limits
August: Australia bans Chinese owned tech giant Huawei from taking part in its 5G network over national security concerns. In coming months, it lobbies other Five Eyes nations (US, Canada, UK, NZ) to follow suit
October: Victoria (state) Premier Daniel Andrews signs a memorandum of understanding to join China's Belt & Road initiative, drawing the ire of the PM Scott Morrison and Federal government

September: PM Scott Morrison questions China's developing country status under World Trade Organisation rules, echoing the views of the Trump administration

April:
PM Scott Morrison calls for an independent investigation into the origins of COVID-19, drawing an angry response from China
May:
China slaps 80% tariffs on Australian barley imports and suspends beef imports from four of Australia's largest meat processors
August:
A deal to sell Lion Dairy to a Chinese company is terminated after Treasurer Josh Frydenberg says it would be "contrary to the national interest"
The Australian government is notified that Australian-Chinese journalist Cheng Lei has been detained in Beijing
November:
PM Scott Morrison visits Tokyo following the election of Japan's new PM to conclude a reciprocal defence pact, angering China
China announces tariffs on all Australian wine imports from 107% to more than 200%
Morrison demands apology from Beijing over doctored image showing Australian soldier holding a knife to the throat of an Afghan child

2021 (my input)
So far 2021 has seen continual diplomatic spats and sparring over the fore-mentioned issues surrounding trade, foreign policy and defence pacts. The war of words has certainly been escalating with China's rhetoric becoming more savage, arrogant and propagandist.

As somebody who has a young family to care for I have been considering our options should any of this eventuate. Luckily we live in the far south eastern area of the country in a regional area surrounded by mountains and thick forest. As such, I believe our chances of survival in that situation would rely on self sufficiency for an indeterminate period of time.

Whilst I am not panicked as of yet, the likelihood of a conflict with China affecting life here in Australia seems to come closer to fruition each day.

Wish us luck.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Nice to see one country stand up to those bastards.

The way the US is going, we'll be helping China invade Taiwan.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

To help maintain the accuracy of this post..

1. The statement was made last year
2. Major General Adam Findlay stepped down last year but now advices the Aussie Military.

"The then-special forces commander, who has since stepped down but who still advises the Australian Defence Force, highlighted the steps Australia’s military was taking to prevent war but also described a “high likelihood” that actual conflict could break out due to the unpredictable nature of foreign affairs."

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't like our PM Scott Morrison....or any of his colleagues.....or any of the major political parties in this country for that matter however, I do like when they stand up to these arrogant, authoritarian bastards and tell 'em no.

This is all actually a reasonably good excuse/motivation for me to learn how to hunt deer (we have a few of the worlds best species here that were introduced and now have massive populations), fish for trout (I am good in the estuaries, surf and rivers though have not had a crack up in the hills for trout) general bushcraft and learning more about our native edible plants.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

To help maintain the accuracy of this post..

1. The statement was made last year
2. Major General Adam Findlay stepped down last year but now advices the Aussie Military.

"The then-special forces commander, who has since stepped down but who still advises the Australian Defence Force, highlighted the steps Australia’s military was taking to prevent war but also described a “high likelihood” that actual conflict could break out due to the unpredictable nature of foreign affairs."

Thanks, still pertinent information and believe it is only being reported today as it has been made apparent to the public.

Neither of those points change anything in regards to the deterioration in relationship between Australia and China.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The only possible way that things will improve between us and China is if we completely capitulate to their communist totalitarian regime.

And as you would be aware, some of the Chinese apologists here have had a crack at letting that happen.

Also, there is little to no need for China to have any actual military action. How many times have there been cyber attacks here that have, as we are told, "been conducted by a sophisticated State Actor". I think it's safe to say we can rule out the likes of, well, pretty much everybody ........ except China.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

The only possible way that things will improve between us and China is if we completely capitulate to their communist totalitarian regime.

And as you would be aware, some of the Chinese apologists here have had a crack at letting that happen.

Also, there is little to no need for China to have any actual military action. How many times have there been cyber attacks here that have, as we are told, "been conducted by a sophisticated State Actor". I think it's safe to say we can rule out the likes of, well, pretty much everybody ........ except China.

Agree entirely with all of the above mate. I would rather live a life of subsistence farming with no electricity than capitulate to those monsters.

I believe if they wanted to, that they could use cyber attacks on us that would essentially just have the lights go out and not come back on along with other critical infrastructure.

I believe they would have the capability already but it's a serious line to cross. Likely they already have their plants in those major companies and departments to do their bidding.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We'll probably be helping China fight the Auzzies if Biden keeps going in the direction he is going.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Let the lights go out. I’m fairly sure Australia can shut our borders to the world and feed and water our own for ever.
Snowy mountains will provide power and we have a boot load of uranium.
I’m almost positive Lucas heights can turn that sh!t into something that goes boom.

We can offer Dan Andrews as special envoy to China and then Refuse to take him back.

Tag, no returns
that’ll learn em.

ETA. Besides what are they going to do?
Take over so they can drown in the surf and wash up on our beaches?
Let them have Ashfield and Chatswood, they’ve been here since the gold rush anyway.
We’ve got a yank infestation in Darwin anyway right?
Australia could be the next ME battlefield. We can even supply our own arabs.

edit on 3-5-2021 by Dalamax because: Can’t see the strategic advantage.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We'll probably be helping China fight the Auzzies if Biden keeps going in the direction he is going.

Your funeral.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Let the lights go out. I’m fairly sure Australia can shut our borders to the world and feed and water our own for ever.
Snowy mountains will provide power and we have a boot load of uranium.
I’m almost positive Lucas heights can turn that sh!t into something that goes boom.

We can offer Dan Andrews as special envoy to China and then Refuse to take him back.

Tag, no returns
that’ll learn em.

ETA. Besides what are they going to do?
Take over so they can drown in the surf and wash up on our beaches?
Let them have Ashfield and Chatswood, they’ve been here since the gold rush anyway.
We’ve got a yank infestation in Darwin anyway right?
Australia could be the next ME battlefield. We can even supply our own arabs.

I am all for letting them have Dan Andrews, likely he would go willingly anyways.

I agree that we could survive shut off to the world....think I'd prefer farming my own produce, raising animals, hunting and fishing to working for dollars anyway.

There'd be a guerilla rebellion and invaders rarely if ever, succeed against those.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The firearms in reality never went far away either and I know my nieces and nephews can shoot a rabbit through the head from the back of a Ute doing 40 through a field.
I could see a very disappointed China when they take over our government and Aussies really couldn’t be arsed caring lol.
As far as hunting, fishing and farming are concerned. You know as well as I do the sheer volume of Roos that roam this joint. A torch and a baseball bat will get you a feed at dusk. Not a problem.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

As far as that goes mate, I couldn’t see Americans savaging Aussies alongside Chinese.

I think there would be bother and strife instead of bravado and discipline amongst those troops.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
The firearms in reality never went far away either and I know my nieces and nephews can shoot a rabbit through the head from the back of a Ute doing 40 through a field.
I could see a very disappointed China when they take over our government and Aussies really couldn’t be arsed caring lol.
As far as hunting, fishing and farming are concerned. You know as well as I do the sheer volume of Roos that roam this joint. A torch and a baseball bat will get you a feed at dusk. Not a problem.

Bloody hell, that is some mighty fine shooting! I recently got my license and just on Friday purchased my very first rifle - a brand new Savage .22 bolt action with a 10 shot magazine. Certainly not for the purposes of fending off an invading army but the beginning of my journey to Sambar Deer hunting. Will be upgrading to a 30-06 at tax time but thought I would get the basics down with a smaller rifle.

And that's exactly right, kangaroos outnumber people here by a decent margin, the hills are full of deer and the rivers full of trout...still plenty of places so remote you could remain undetected if you wanted to.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I have a hard time imagining China invading Australia. That would bring in the UK, Canada, New Zealand and probably the US. I'm not real sure about the US though, because of this administration.

I haven't kept up with relations between the 2 and never realized it was so serious. Much of the tit-for-tat seems kinda, petty?
edit on 4-5-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I have a hard time imagining China invading Australia. That would bring in the UK, Canada, New Zealand and probably the US. I'm not real sure about the US though, because of this administration.

I haven't kept up with relations between the 2 and never realized it was so serious. Much of the tit-for-tat seems kinda, petty?

Like I say, I would not think they would invade us atleast in the initial phase. I imagine some type of siege situation including a naval blockade whilst they launch cyber attacks on our critical infrastructure.

Our major allies in the US, Canada and the UK are of little use to us in live fire combat for some time due to geography and whilst I respect our cousins in NZ and our shared ANZAC history their countries population is less than the capital city in my state (Melbourne, Victoria).

There is quite a lot of petty tit for tat however, what is not petty is the tariffs on our major exports, infiltration of our institutions and purchasing of national assets such as farm land, water etc.

The first shot fired will be cyber attacks on our critical infrastructure.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   
100% the US have to help us if the Chinese invaded Australia. We have had allied protection treaties with the USA since forever. If anything that is the biggest deterant against invasion from anyone.
That said, the USA have many millitary personel in our millitary bases to the north. In fact Scomo and Biden just brought in another 6000 US millitary last week for 'war games'.
Plus with the five eyes intelligence we are a part of, and the Jindilee Over the Horion radar, which is the biggest in the world, which can see any boat or aircraft coming into our NW region of the country, and a sofisticated submarine monitoring system as well up that way, we have pretty good warning if they tried anything.
China doesn't invade that way. They like to buy their way into nations. Offer to buy ports and resources at an alaring rate, which not only keep the owners rich but benifti the CCP and their people.
Note letting them own ports is a dangerous exercise. Right now, in Iran, a Chinese owned port was about to go back to Iranian ownership after govt officials weren't keen on them owning it, and now the Chinese put several hundred soldiers to protect the site from take over. Take over in another country. The Iraninan Govt is a shambles and in fighting isn't resolving control of this port. But letting Chinese companies, who are under their law, under ocntrol of the CCP if they need to be, buy ports, islands and infastructure like power companies is in my opinion a highly dangerous move.
a reply to: CharlesT

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   

China would never invade Australia and not expect an all out war against all other western nations, because they know they would be next.

The US would stand by Australia, regardless of who is president.

China's first real moves will be in Asia.

Every square mile they take will make life more difficult for any opposing forces so as soon as they attempt a takeover of a sovereign country it will be game on.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
Taiwan first I figure. It shouldn't get MAD until one of the big players invades the others home land, then all best are off at a guess. We seem to forget that the Chinese have been playing the game of civilization for a very long long time.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

True, not as an all out first move however depending on how things unfolded if our allies were tied up on fronts closer to their home I can see China executing a move like I've described above with a siege approach.

The USA would stand by us as long as it is of value to them to do so.

You make good points on China's first real moves being in Asia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join