It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR ,Steve Phelps says requiring COVID-19 vaccinations not under consideration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me, now will we see a media backlash of NASCAR? I don't think we will people will just be dismissive.

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- NASCAR is not considering mandating its competitors be vaccinated against COVID-19, and president Steve Phelps said Sunday that making it a requirement would be a "slippery slope."

"It is important, in my opinion, that people get vaccinated," Phelps said before the race at Talladega Superspeedway. "We will continue to monitor and change our policy as necessary in order to make sure that people are safe. We are certainly monitoring. I won't get into the numbers specifically, but the number of people who are in this garage that have been vaccinated continues to steadily rise."

Bubba Wallace recently partnered with Novant Health to address the hesitancy some have about getting vaccinated; he and Denny Hamlin are among the very few NASCAR drivers who have publicized receiving their shots. Conversely, reigning NASCAR Cup Series champion and most popular driver Chase Elliott said the decision to be vaccinated is a personal choice he would not discuss publicly. Other drivers have taken a similar stance.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Why would people driving alone in cars racing need to be required to be vaccinated before participating?

Apparently NASCAR has common sense....

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

They still require masking, right?

edit on 4/25/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So NASCAR stands up for this, but rolled over and spread last year for the BLM morons?

Screw NASCAR. Screw Bubba Wallace. Screw COVID mandates... the 3 have something in common, none of them are worth a hill of beans and none of the 3 are something I follow.

edit on 25-4-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No idea to be honest, but...if so...i rescind my 'has common sense' statement.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

How very fickle of you.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well i mean can't think of many other sports where you're literally encased alone in steel. It's probably the only 'sport' where covid pretty much doesn't matter at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Except for in the pits and stuff. Getting ready for the race and stuff.
But yeah, if the driver is completely isolated, no need.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Pit crews, I'm guessing, are usually in close quarters with the drivers as is because they are typically part of the driver's 'team'. I mean sure, in situations.where they're indoors, around other people, masks make sense, 90% of those multiple hours the drivers are driving alone, not so much.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yeah. I don't wear a mask alone in my car either.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How about MLB, which is allowing fans to sit in their special seating section upon proof of being "vaccinated" and thus entry into the ballpark.

The Giants have been approved to operate the ballpark at up to 50% capacity with testing/vaccination requirements for entry. Information is subject to change.
Oh really? Well alrightythen. They'll all be rosy in the knowledge that they're all safe and protected against each other.

Now we have something in the ballpark more dangerous than the nachos.

edit on 25/4/21 by argentus because: flubbed the ex code

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You can bet Bubba will somehow bring his Smollett brand of social justice to NASCAR again over this. It will somehow be racist and probably plastered all over his losing car.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There's plenty of people that do. One of the funnier ones i seen was unmasked as he walked past me and said hi, then proceeded to get into his truck alone, mask up and drive away...

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How about MLB, which is allowing fans to sit in their special seating section upon proof of being "vaccinated" and thus entry into the ballpark.

The Giants have been approved to operate the ballpark at up to 50% capacity with testing/vaccination requirements for entry. Information is subject to change.
Oh really? Well alrightythen. They'll all be rosy in the knowledge that they're all safe and protected against each other.

Now we have something in the ballpark more dangerous than the nachos.

LOL....so they will all have their own little echo chamber.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Dr. Seuss' estate may want to censor the Star Bellied Sneetches book next to cover the narrative's ass where COVID is concerned, because the special treatment of this vaccine looks an awful lot like the star belly mark in that book.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So what?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Nothing much really, watching people behave in completely illogical ways has been one of those small sources of amusement I've enjoyed over the last year.

Ya know, things like chin diaper masks, sanitizing the # out of everything in grocery stores...except the things the customers constantly touch, herding groups of people into lineups and forcing them to stand in close proximity because the very large grocery store only allows 20 people, watching people being allowed to demask in restaurants as long as they're sitting but the second they stand the mask comes on, people who believe masks and social distancing are necessary after vaccination...

Ya know, all that dumb # that's been going on all year.
edit on 25/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join