It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to talk to a Loved one that doesn't want a Vaccine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
LOL,
You betcha!
I'll use emotional blackmail on my loved ones.

"If you love me, you WON"T get the shot"

(that is a joke kids, I would only use it on the hubby. Everyone else is old enough, and out of my house, so they can make up their own mind, even if it is wrong.)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here's a neat article.

"Moderna describes mRNA products as “gene therapy technology” in its SEC filing. BioNTech’s SEC filing also specifies that in the U.S. and Europe, mRNA therapies are classified as “gene therapy medicinal products”
mRNA technology has, since the start, been recognized as a form of gene therapy, but one that doesn’t permanently alter your DNA. However, some medical experts worry that mRNA injections might be able to reverse-transcribe into your genome and in fact alter your DNA on a more permanent basis
A study by MIT and Harvard scientists demonstrates that segments of RNA from SARS-CoV-2 are reverse-transcribing into the human genome, likely becoming a permanent fixture in human DNA. This has been thought impossible for the same reasons used to assure us that vaccine RNA cannot alter DNA
In a 2017 TED Talk, Dr. Tal Zaks, chief medical officer of Moderna, describes the company’s mRNA vaccines as “information technology,” and likens mRNA to your body’s operating system. As such, mRNA injections are human “software updates,” thereby ushering in transhumanism"

More at the article below.

www.midlandscbd.com...

Fred..

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: JAGStorm

Feelings ?
Instead of science based data ?

I'll give you science-based data:
1. 99.4% of Covid cases are MILD
www.worldometers.info...?Si

2. J&J and AstraZeneca are each LESS THAN 70 % effective, and merely "reduce symptoms"

3. They BOTH have been reported to cause deadly clots and have been suspended by health authorities for that reason.

4. NONE of the vaccines have long term safety data and are only out because of "emergency use authorization". At the time the development of these vaccines was started, it was feared the covid death rate could be very high, which justified their development. We now know that this is NOT the case: 99.4% of cases are MILD.

5. The only and main issue is the size of hospital ICUs. A valid point, vastly undersized and something that would have need to be addressed given the aging boomer population, even if Covid had never showed up. To my knowledge, NO government is fixing this, the clear and obvious problem.

6. If you want the vaccine, go ahead. I will wait for more safety data to come in.

NO FORCIBLE VACCINE OR PASSPORT CRAP !!

Your source also says 2% of cases resulted in death.
Does that mean death is a mild outcome?

Here's the data for the CDC if you are the age of 55-64 the chances of death are minuscule. Like at its peak about 5 persons for 100,000, it's even less most of the year. Below 54 years of age and below it barely even registers on this chart.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Feelings ?
Instead of science based data ?

I'll give you science-based data:
1. 99.4% of Covid cases are MILD
www.worldometers.info...?Si

2. J&J and AstraZeneca are each LESS THAN 70 % effective, and merely "reduce symptoms"

3. They BOTH have been reported to cause deadly clots and have been suspended by health authorities for that reason.

4. NONE of the vaccines have long term safety data and are only out because of "emergency use authorization". At the time the development of these vaccines was started, it was feared the covid death rate could be very high, which justified their development. We now know that this is NOT the case: 99.4% of cases are MILD.

5. The only and main issue is the size of hospital ICUs. A valid point, vastly undersized and something that would have need to be addressed given the aging boomer population, even if Covid had never showed up. To my knowledge, NO government is fixing this, the clear and obvious problem.

6. If you want the vaccine, go ahead. I will wait for more safety data to come in.

NO FORCIBLE VACCINE OR PASSPORT CRAP !!

Your source also says 2% of cases resulted in death.
Does that mean death is a mild outcome?

Here's the data for the CDC if you are the age of 55-64 the chances of death are minuscule. Like at its peak about 5 persons for 100,000, it's even less most of the year. Below 54 years of age and below it barely even registers on this chart.

Your graph shows weekly deaths, not risk of death.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

99.4% of Covid cases are MILD

You're ignoring that 2% of people die from it. 1 in every 50. How can those cases be "MiLd"?

Not so sure about that number, to be fair.
health.economictimes.indiatimes.com... d-by-machine-learning-model/80717017

For some countries, such as the U.S., Belgium, and the U.K., estimates indicate that more than 20 percent of the total population has experienced infection

If 20% of Americans have been infected with COVID, then that changes the percentage of deaths greatly. Deaths are what they are, it isn't like there are hundreds of thousands of undetected deaths in the country... BUT the number of actual cases is unarguably higher than the official count and the 20% estimate is one of the most conservative I've yet seen. Considering many experts have estimated that 4-10 times the number of confirmed positives exist in the country.

But, using the 20% infected rate, we'd see 66 million COVID cases versus the 32 million cases confirmed. We have 583,000 confirmed deaths. So we're already down to 0.88% of cases leading to death. By the way, influenza's US mortality rate is 0.5%... so COVID is, as many of us said it was a year ago, right in influenza's wheelhouse.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You're ignoring that 2% of people die from it. 1 in every 50. How can those cases be "MiLd"?

Not so sure about that number, to be fair.
health.economictimes.indiatimes.com... d-by-machine-learning-model/80717017

For some countries, such as the U.S., Belgium, and the U.K., estimates indicate that more than 20 percent of the total population has experienced infection

If 20% of Americans have been infected with COVID, then that changes the percentage of deaths greatly. Deaths are what they are, it isn't like there are hundreds of thousands of undetected deaths in the country... BUT the number of actual cases is unarguably higher than the official count and the 20% estimate is one of the most conservative I've yet seen. Considering many experts have estimated that 4-10 times the number of confirmed positives exist in the country.

But, using the 20% infected rate, we'd see 66 million COVID cases versus the 32 million cases confirmed. We have 583,000 confirmed deaths. So we're already down to 0.88% of cases leading to death. By the way, influenza's US mortality rate is 0.5%... so COVID is, as many of us said it was a year ago, right in influenza's wheelhouse.

Most sources I have seen suggest seasonal flu has an overall IFR of about 0.1%. That would make covid about 9 times deadlier as well as more contagious.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think families having these conversations is important. I also think that anyone who takes the advice of a stranger on how best to deal with their loved ones is just begging for heartache.

In my house we are all vaccinated. For now anyway. My wife had to get it if she wants to work as a nurse. My mom got it because of my health issues. Were any of them not wanting to get it....i'd shrug and change the subject. Im known to be pretty forceful with opinions in my family. Sometimes blunt to the point of hurt feelings. If im not seeing the value in the discussion i am not sure why anyone else really would.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Vaccines are not all bad, but I don't fancy beta testing for drug companies at this time.
I'll just keep up the "social distance" like i usually do to not contaminated, or make any one else "ill"

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My daughter was all over me to get vaccinated.

"I can't yet, I checked."
"Get on the list!"
"There isn't one."

I showed her. Signed up the morning my age group qualified. First shot 4 days later.

Her grandparents were good a couple of months ago. She's working on her mom now (different household).

edit on 4/21/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Instead of focusing the conversation on science-based data, talk about feelings.

I find it very ironic that is basically the only way to speak to the growing masses of self-proclaimed Marxists, because you're certainly not going to get anywhere with facts and logic.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In my neck of the woods my employer paid two weeks wages if you tested positive. 50% of the people tested positive, mostly young men ages 20-30. Were they taking advantage of two weeks off paid? Certainly. Did 50% of them have it without even knowing? Certainly.

I'll bet your 20% number is double, at least, when you consider how many people had it and never knew it.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If someone asks why I don’t want a shot I am getting to the point where I want to say because everyone is trying to force it on me and I am just being belligerent and leave it at that!

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think families having these conversations is important.

A conversation is a two way street. I don't see this as that. This is trying to convince people of just getting vaccinated.
Which is OK if they want to.
It would be nice to have seen both pro's and con's of the vaccination discussion.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Don't try to change people's reality, it won't work.
I just say "I won't take it, because it's experimental and I've seen too many doctors warning not to take it," then linkbomb them some research so they can be informed..it's really all you can do.

Dr Warns
Pfizer under microscope 2000x
Labs can't find covid lawsuit
CN Doctors warn
PCR test cancer
Frontline Workers Testimonies
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

1 in every 50 poeple? Really? I fail to see the stacks of bodies.

You mean surely 2 out of every 100 COVID cases, or in 50 of those. And of those, how many were already ill with many pre-existing conditions that made them extra vulnerable or very, very elderly and at risk to just about any illness that came along for them?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Instead of focusing the conversation on science-based data, talk about feelings.

I find it very ironic that is basically the only way to speak to the growing masses of self-proclaimed Marxists, because you're certainly not going to get anywhere with facts and logic.

Facts and logic be racist, yo.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Don't forget, just a few years ago everyone was ready to publicly crucify the CEO's of the major drug companies for the opioid crisis. (Which is still going on.)

Back then they were evil; today they are our saviors?

Can anyone seriously trust these 'people'?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

It's Agenda 21.
Agenda 21 United Nations

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You know what you say to a loved one?

You say, "I love you and support whatever decision you make because I respect you."

Suck on that evil leftists.
edit on 21-4-2021 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You know what you say to a loved one?

You say, "I love you and support whatever decision you make because I respect you."

Suck on that evil leftists.

I would say "your body, your choice" and give them a 10% discount on Pteridine vax certification cards on official pasteboard printed using the classic IRS font and including impressive logos, seals, and signatures. Maybe add a sigil rune or two for the northern European market.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join