It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Side Effect From mRNA COVID Vaccines?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: putnam6
Sounds plausible, Hell I got a steroid shot and it set mine off. That said one reason any person in the at-risk category ought to talk with your doctor or find one and explain your medical history before getting the vaccine.

www.medpagetoday.com...

Herpes zoster reactivation -- a.k.a. shingles -- following COVID-19 vaccination in six patients with comorbid autoimmune/inflammatory diseases may be a new adverse event associated with the Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA vaccine, suggested a new report.

At two centers in Israel, there have been six cases of herpes zoster developing shortly after administration of the Pfizer vaccine in patients with disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis since December 2020, according to Victoria Furer, MD, of Tel Aviv University, and colleagues.

Little has been known about the safety and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines among patients with rheumatic diseases, because immunosuppressed individuals were not included in the initial clinical trials, they explained.

A limitation of this analysis was that the diagnosis of herpes zoster was made solely on clinical grounds. Also, with only a small number of cases, causality cannot be assumed.

six cases you say? well, that was enough to pause the J&J vaccine. or is that different?

The last thing you want is Pfizer and Moderna vaccines "paused". Biden will lock-down the country. His admin is itching to do just that, if you listen to what they say.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
Shingles settles in the nervous system, something I have been saying about the virus since Feb/March 2020.
Neither is it limited to adults 'of a certain age'. About 3 years ago I was seeing children as young as 7 with shingles instead of Chicken Pox (both are the varicella zoster virus).

Rainbows
Jane

Very interesting, thanks for pointing out. The article I linked from Mayo Clinic was some years old now (from 2013). When I search for more recent material, I do see plenty of information mentioning an uptick in shingles cases in younger people, as you point out. Is this a more recent development? When I was growing up I heard many accounts of shingles in elderly relatives or friends of the family, but I can't say I remember one single instance of it in a younger person (middle age or younger). Chicken pox, though, was very common in children when I was growing up.

In any event, this tie-in to the vaccine is an interesting development. I will be curious what further investigation is done and if there is a link that is statistically relevant, what attention will be given to this in MSM.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
Back in the day there was no chicken pox vaccine.
It's interesting what this says in this 2017 news report:

The NHS said a chickenpox vaccine is not offered as part of routine immunisations as it would leave unvaccinated children more susceptible to contracting the virus as an adult. There could also be a significant increase in shingles cases as being exposed to infected children boosts immunity to this.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I mean, I'm not surprised really considering the early reports of Bell's Palsy as that is also possibly linked to Herpes Simplex and Herpes Zoster.
edit on 18-4-2021 by JourneyAbout because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Not meaning to hijack your thread hun, but I started this one entitled "Any Complementary therapists on here? Let's tackle Long Covid/reactions to vaccines."
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Any Complementary Therapists on here? Let's tackle Long Covid/vaccine reactions

There doesn't seem to be any other therapists on here, but you might find what I have posted useful.

Rainbows
Jane

No worries at all on hijacking my thread Ms. Jane, I'm all about discussing this stuff. I enjoyed your thread wasn't that one that had me rubbing for the pressure point below my right ankle. I believe your body is interconnected especially your hands and feet.

Feel like collectively the US and the world had a complete overreaction to COVID and now you have to wade through to find viable information.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: putnam6
Sounds plausible, Hell I got a steroid shot and it set mine off. That said one reason any person in the at-risk category ought to talk with your doctor or find one and explain your medical history before getting the vaccine.

www.medpagetoday.com...

Herpes zoster reactivation -- a.k.a. shingles -- following COVID-19 vaccination in six patients with comorbid autoimmune/inflammatory diseases may be a new adverse event associated with the Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA vaccine, suggested a new report.

At two centers in Israel, there have been six cases of herpes zoster developing shortly after administration of the Pfizer vaccine in patients with disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis since December 2020, according to Victoria Furer, MD, of Tel Aviv University, and colleagues.

Little has been known about the safety and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines among patients with rheumatic diseases, because immunosuppressed individuals were not included in the initial clinical trials, they explained.

A limitation of this analysis was that the diagnosis of herpes zoster was made solely on clinical grounds. Also, with only a small number of cases, causality cannot be assumed.

six cases you say? well, that was enough to pause the J&J vaccine. or is that different?

The last thing you want is Pfizer and Moderna vaccines "paused". Biden will lock down the country. His admin is itching to do just that, if you listen to what they say.

I think so too, hell he would have done it already if he thought he could get away with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Just 6 in one country, with none in others, indicates something else to me.

Ive had shingles. Messed me up good for a couple weeks in 2001. I habe rheumatoid issues. And ive had Pfizer. Ill keep you posted.

I'm not concerned about it personally as I've mentioned before my Doctor is very hands-on and her office has had the vaccines in stock for a while now and she acts like it isn't a priority for me, and I'm at least in the elevated risk category.

FWIW VAERS from the CDC has 293 adverse events reported alledging Herpes Zoster after COVID vaccinations. Also, FWIW VAERS also has 16,500 plus reports of Herpes Zoster on all other vaccines used in the US since 1990 so it seems this happens with any vaccine from time to time.

It's the low lethality rate of COVID for me, I'll maintain proper sterile protocols and see what my Doctor says going forward.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sometimes i barely hang on, and at this point my mother depends on me till her end of days. My aversion to risk is pretty high.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Sometimes i barely hang on, and at this point my mother depends on me till her end of days. My aversion to risk is pretty high.

I totally get that it is a completely individual decision, my daughter is getting it, she is a school teacher, but she would have likely gotten it anyway.

My 81-year-old mother lives with us, even her doctor hasn't forced the issue, it may be because she is going to have surgery on her knee here soon.

That said we have all been out we do our protocols and wear masks. I probably wouldn't be as diligent but we came off doing sterile protocols for my Dad before he passed. We had almost 2 years of his chemo where we did wore masks cleaned/sterilized everything well we even got a high powered UV light that we still use occasionally so we aren't completely careless

edit on 18-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If im being honest, the UV light makes me a bit jealous. Not because im paranoid. But because I like odd gadgets like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

of course you did, my apologies. Head all over the place today!

Rainbows
Jane

edit on pm43America/ChicagoSunday2021-04-18T15:38:14-05:0003America/Chicago04000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A week after i got my Pfizer vaccine, I started getting rashes on my arm that look like bug bites. throat also felt like there was a pin or a piece of metal stuck in it.

Is that similar to the side effects in the OP?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Shingles will be my escape. As a trusting kid I received a vaccine that likely gave me chicken pox (herpes zoster) shingles. So I logically should not get the VAX.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Got no clue what's in the vaccine, I had moderna it, but I can report that I'm not only feel good , I feel fantastic ! I'm full of energy , and I feel like brain fog has been lifted or something . a reply to: putnam6

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
Got no clue what's in the vaccine, I had moderna it, but I can report that I'm not only feel good , I feel fantastic ! I'm full of energy , and I feel like brain fog has been lifted or something . a reply to: putnam6

Yay! MayReNee(A)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Seeing it in my clients

Rainbows
Jane

Didn’t you flag this connection months ago? Well done!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join