It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Bigfoot Exist and Where To Find Them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Slowhand

"IF" the Secret Keepers acknowledged them the second sentence would be "and we have specimens". Which would preclude a stampede to the woods.

No Agency want's the liability that would result from people charging out an getting hurt thru stupidity. There are about a million ways for people to get injured out in the woods NOT having anything to do with Sasquatch.

Disclaimer, the rest of this post is not directed at Slowhand. It's just me ranting in general.

I'm at the point where it doesn't even matter WHY trail cams and other methods don't work. We tried them, they've been an epic fail, so we need to move onto better ideas. What's that old saying about "doing the same thing over & over expecting different results"? Yeah....that'd be most of the BF community.

We're pretty much at the place where we can quit congratulating ourselves for being smarter than a Sasquatch since clearly we aren't. They don't show up well on digital equipment, so what do we do? Buy MORE digital equipment!
They do show up on Flir, but not in any recognizable way. (flir can't show facial features) Plus most people suck at using it. We're STILL farting around taking plaster casts of tracks, still blindly staring at stick structures, still arguing over calories needed....despite about a few hundred sightings reporting they eat just about anything.

Nothing really new has been discovered about them in a VERY long time. How is it everyone interested in the subject ISN'T pissed beyond belief? We really should be.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Caver you make a good point about what might happen following an admission. However, despite that possibility, there would still be many a wannabe Rambo (and likely plenty of real bad asses) who would go hunt these beings. I imagine having a sasquatch head on the wall next to the lion, the rhino, a moose and a gerbil would, unfortunately, be worth any amount of money, time and effort for many people

I have absolutely no idea if these beings are real or not but there are lots of people who say they are knowers and would swear it on their lives! No doubt some people are BS'ers but I find it difficult to believe they're all making up stories. As you say Caver plaster casts, cameras, DNA traps, infra-red tech, etc...all fail to definitively capture indisputable proof and it seems implausible that evading all these efforts would be successful for any creature of the natural world. Unless we are dealing with a being who is way more intelligent than anyone suspects. I am tempted to say or doesn't exist but I don't believe that simply because of the overwhelming testimony provided by so many people.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
that is a theory out there. I always thought that would explain a lot. Like tracks just disappearing or bigfoot appearing out of no where . Could also explain the missing 411 disappearances
a reply to: St Udio

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As for myself I've had 5 encounters with what we call The Others. In June of 2007 Bob Boston and I went to Hells Delight Rd to research an area where he had 3 previous encounters.

what are the others?a reply to: airforce47

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Have you recorded, told your story or been interviewed about your encounters anywhere Hodoske? May I ask as to why you choose to refer to them as The Others?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yeah they're so good at avoiding tech, I place a trail cam above my head when I sleep under the stars, or point one at my tent. A good security feature LOL. They seem to avoid those real well. Doesn't hurt to be cautious 😁

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hey! Where did you get that photo of my ex? I though that was private.

originally posted by: Lysergic
I read it, crazy stuff, even has an image of what Maxine looks like;

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

One thing stands out rather glaringly, some of the best pictures of them have been "pre-digital" taken with the old style cameras. I would find it hard to rationalize that whatever interference we experience with batteries or cameras is a "new" skill of theirs.

I'm pretty uneducated about the differences in digital cameras VS the old style way of taking photo's using film but I'd bet if we went back to using the older style we'd have much better photographic documentation of BF.

I agree there's always going to be knuckleheads that are going to go "full Elmer Fud" should confirmation occur, but I don't think it'll ever go as planned for them. Plenty of hunters when confronted "choke" realizing they're in way over their heads.

Witness testimony looked at as data is valuable. More compelling are the locations since we've finally reached a tipping point in semi narrowing down places where an encounter is more likely. Going to locations they are known to frequent backed up by a history of them frequenting those places means anyone whose still on the fence has a decent shot at going out and seeing for themselves. I don't mean places like Salt Fork or just rambling around the Cascades.
If you correlate info on sightings from 20-30yrs ago and find they are still sporadically being seen in or near those places using witness testimonials you get odds favorable enough to bother looking for them.

I've said before I have no clue about how they do what they do, but if something is leaving tracks it's physical.
Does it matter if trackways end abruptly? Not really since we know there are few humans who have 18 inch feet OR run around barefoot in the woods.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

One thing stands out rather glaringly, some of the best pictures of them have been "pre-digital" taken with the old style cameras. I would find it hard to rationalize that whatever interference we experience with batteries or cameras is a "new" skill of theirs.

I'm pretty uneducated about the differences in digital cameras VS the old style way of taking photo's using film but I'd bet if we went back to using the older style we'd have much better photographic documentation of BF.

I personally agree with this above.

After years of researching and interviewing a number of witnesses, investigators and others.... I (and others) lean towards using non-electrical and only manual cameras on trying to capture 'phenomena'.

A number of reasons... but in summary, if your in an area that is sucking your batteries dry and making video/photography next to impossible, then you need to adjust your equipment.

If we venture down theory and conjecture we could explore that electrical fields seem to be affected when a UFO, ghost, or a BigFoot is near, then changing your strategy for capture could be to your favor. It appears (according to some) that mechanical devices are hard for them to manipulate, so capture successes might have a better chance.

Once saw some 16mm footage of 'something' that was visible on film, yet a video-camera (three feet away) recorded static and no visible video footage.

Now there appears (according to some), that digital/electronic 'sound recorders' to still work. Now why audio can be recorded (or allowed) but not video is unknown. The best recordings (that we publicly know) of Bigfoot speaking was by Ron Morehand and Al Berry (Sierra Sounds) back in the 70's on a small reel to reel tape recorder.

Anyway.. just passing on some food for thought for the membership.
Johnny

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

I think he may have existed in the past, before any Europeans came to America. America before the 1500's was an untamed, dangerous, wilderness. Many different native cultures, especially those in the Pacific Northwest, have their own stories and legends of bigfoot.

If bigfoot was anywhere in the country I would bet it would be in the Pacific Northwest in either Oregon or Washington. Also many sightings of him in Canada too. Biologically, some of these areas would be able to support a creature of this size, however I believe we would have more evidence by now, unless the population of these creatures is very low.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I still watch Steve on the now "the facts by how to hunt .com" and he thinks all these emails from everyone is proof Sasquatch is real. I grew up in Washington and have never come across anyone who has encountered one or know of someone who has, never. I have friends who lived in Alaska, never seen one or heard of stories. Same with the Adirondacks, never.

Indians who live in the Amazon have had tons of photos and videos of them. If Bigfoot is a type of human, then we would treat them just like the Amazonian Indians and document and research them. That's never happened.

Bigfoot is a memorabilia item in a mountain gift shop, or a tv show... Really fun story, but so far, it's just something that people are selling!

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

You can think that all you like.

Those of us who've actually seen him, will tell you otherwise.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: game over man

You can think that all you like.

Those of us who've actually seen him, will tell you otherwise.

Care to share your experience? I really want to meet someone face to face and they tell me about their encounter...I haven't yet...I think having someone tell me to my face would make my belief stronger.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Bigfoot is a memorabilia item in a mountain gift shop, or a tv show... Really fun story, but so far, it's just something that people are selling!

OK.. I'll take a swing at that one.

Sooooo, all indigenous tribes/clans across the globe that speak of a "hairy man/ape" (for over several hundred years in the Western United States alone) are/were doing so to sell gift's to the early settlers and frontiersman tourists?

Just going to be brief.

Former President Roosevelt wrote of an encounter:
When a U.S. President Spoke of Bigfoot: “The Unknown Beast-Creature”

This guy (Bob Gymlan) has a great sense of examining the pros and cons of this event and he reads the 6 page account pinned by the President himself.

Even David Crockett (August 17, 1786 - March 6, 1836) supposedly had a run-in with what was described as what we would call a Sasquatch.
Did Davy Crockett Encounter Sasquatch?

One of the most contested reports surrounded an event back from the early 20's called the Battle of Ape Canyon. And unfortunately each time I try and load the video, it gives an error. But just follow the link to the YouTube video BigFoot attack at Ape Canyon

You also said;

Care to share your experience? I really want to meet someone face to face and they tell me about their encounter...I haven't yet...I think having someone tell me to my face would make my belief stronger.

My instincts tell me.. No.. no you won't. If you have your own experience get back to us. I speak from experience.

As a researcher I was all read up and full of reports up to my gills but I still just registered the phenomena into mis-identification, drugs or drink, mental and/or handicapped or a an outright hoax. And I could easily banter and debate anyone using pretty much science and common sense. I had been raised with hunting, camping and survival being taught and utilized since I was a small boy. Surely.... if there was something out here with me, someone in my family would've surely seen one.

Then I had my own experience (one event is posted in a few of the threads in this genre arena).

Everything changed and it really screwed up my reality as I thought I once knew. I argued with myself on every thing that it could have possibly played a part on my scenario happening. In the end, whether I wanted to believe it or not was that it had to be what the indigenous ones already know.

But it took me over three-four years to feel like I could go back into the woods, and probably a few more years before I felt 'almost' comfortable enough to camp again. I never let on to anyone about my phobia (in fact this is probably my first public acknowledgement of it). But yeau, fear is a mighty strange emotion and it ended my wanting to go hunting.

I don't beat around the bush any more, I just put it out there because life is too short. Believe or don't, I don't care.

So again until you do have an experience, it won't matter your staring and listening face to face to a witness's encounter, you'll shrug it off as... "well, he seems to genuinely believe that something happened", but outside of that you still will not believe (thinking it was probably a bear in reality).

Johnny

BTW... these are solely my thoughts and comments and may not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the owners, staff and moderators of abovetopsecret.com

edit on 7/23/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: glitch

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: vance

lol must be the best way to avoid seeing these creatures...light it up...film it and they won't come anywhere near you guess then ya just have to watch out for the bears and big cats

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Neobucket

Hope you lifted your standards since then neo

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The collation of location data seems a solid way to identify areas where a person may have an increased chance of crossing paths with one of these beings. Though armed with that information you'd think capturing clear footage/photos would be easier and yet the phenomenon is as evasive as ever. Man I'd love to see a Sir David Attenborough documentary introducing the world to the Sasquatch peoples

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Beauty is more than skin deep! She was pretty cold on the inside too.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: game over man

OK.. I'll take a swing at that one.

Sooooo, all indigenous tribes/clans across the globe that speak of a "hairy man/ape" (for over several hundred years in the Western United States alone) are/were doing so to sell gift's to the early settlers and frontiersman tourists?

Just going to be brief.

Former President Roosevelt wrote of an encounter:
When a U.S. President Spoke of Bigfoot: “The Unknown Beast-Creature”

This guy (Bob Gymlan) has a great sense of examining the pros and cons of this event and he reads the 6 page account pinned by the President himself.

Even David Crockett (August 17, 1786 - March 6, 1836) supposedly had a run-in with what was described as what we would call a Sasquatch.
Did Davy Crockett Encounter Sasquatch?

One of the most contested reports surrounded an event back from the early 20's called the Battle of Ape Canyon. And unfortunately each time I try and load the video, it gives an error. But just follow the link to the YouTube video BigFoot attack at Ape Canyon

You also said;

My instincts tell me.. No.. no you won't. If you have your own experience get back to us. I speak from experience.

As a researcher I was all read up and full of reports up to my gills but I still just registered the phenomena into mis-identification, drugs or drink, mental and/or handicapped or a an outright hoax. And I could easily banter and debate anyone using pretty much science and common sense. I had been raised with hunting, camping and survival being taught and utilized since I was a small boy. Surely.... if there was something out here with me, someone in my family would've surely seen one.

Then I had my own experience (one event is posted in a few of the threads in this genre arena).

Everything changed and it really screwed up my reality as I thought I once knew. I argued with myself on every thing that it could have possibly played a part on my scenario happening. In the end, whether I wanted to believe it or not was that it had to be what the indigenous ones already know.

But it took me over three-four years to feel like I could go back into the woods, and probably a few more years before I felt 'almost' comfortable enough to camp again. I never let on to anyone about my phobia (in fact this is probably my first public acknowledgement of it). But yeau, fear is a mighty strange emotion and it ended my wanting to go hunting.

I don't beat around the bush any more, I just put it out there because life is too short. Believe or don't, I don't care.

So again until you do have an experience, it won't matter your staring and listening face to face to a witness's encounter, you'll shrug it off as... "well, he seems to genuinely believe that something happened", but outside of that you still will not believe (thinking it was probably a bear in reality).

Johnny

BTW... these are solely my thoughts and comments and may not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the owners, staff and moderators of abovetopsecret.com

Johnny, if you were so knowledgeable about Native American legends you would know there are many many other beings that live in the woods correct? Why just bigfoot? There are other wild people and other magic native Americans with special abilities in the forest. It was never only big foot. This is not hard to research when you look up Sasquatch from the Native American perspective, you'll learn about all the other beings of the forest. Granted this direct information is very very little compared to the entire Cryptozoology industry online, but it's there. Here is an example:

Link

According to the link, a Native American told an anthropologist that there is no more wild men, they all became civilized.

Another point brought up that avoids critical thinking is the tribes all had a different name for Sasquatch, "that's gotta tell you something." Well is it possible they all have their own names from tribe to tribe because there are many different Native American languages?

Link

Who is profiting from Big Foot toys, books, posters, trinkets, tv shows, movies etc... Native Americans or white people? This much is brutally obvious in my research. This evolution from colonization is just like in Hawaii with hula. Hula is an ancient religious practice not a form of entertainment at you dinner table on the beach.

Looking back at your post you actually think the Native Americans rebranded Sasquatch as big foot to sell to white people after whatever Native Americans survived Imperialism, genocide, and losing all their land? Really? What tribes or tribesmen are involved in the Cryptozoology industry? I don't think there is one?

According to the History Channel, the term Big Foot was coined by a white guy in 1958.

Link

There is some evidence that Menehunes were real, maybe not the magical beings they are described as...They have been listed in some population census I believe...but one thing is for certain there is no Kupunas pushing the idea they actually exist today on a TV show. If Menehunes happen to be featured on a documentary it's going to be made by non-natives.

Link

Theodore Roosevelt did not have a first hand encounter. A guy he knew from hunting in Montana and Wyoming told Theodore about his encounter. This concept of one per person telling someone else's encounter is common...

Link

Telling me it won't matter hearing it direct from someone is weird. It absolutely would matter to me how can you know and decide what matters or doesn't matter to me... you're not me.

Most of the stories are people telling of other people's encounters on TV, books, the internet, it's a huge difference to hear it directly from a first hand experiencer and being able to look at eachother straight in the eye and tell the story.

I've had an encounter with the Grey's and ghosts, so I'd definitely be very engaged in a face to face convo with someone who experienced Big Foot.

I'm not dismissing your encounter, I'd love to read it if you can share a link or thread title and I'll look it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join