It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Smith and Antoine Fuqua film pulled from Georgia over voting bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
So Trump says boycott MLB and that's fine. But Will Smith says the same thing and you guys are all over him. Hypocrites.

Illogical conclusion. Did anyone here boycott the MLB because Trump said so? I didn't. Anybody else? I'm guessing nobody, but that doesn't prevent you from accusing people you don't know. Hypocrites? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

What does it matter if anyone boycotted MLB?

Trump called for it. That’s the point.

America boycotting the MLb will hurt the MLb a lot worse than Will Smith boycotting Georgia will hurt Georgia.

Not the point.

Trump called for the boycott.

Who cares, people were boycotting it anyways, along with the NBA and NFL. And they boycotted before Trump said to boycott.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Once again
Parents just don't understand.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I used to like Will Smith films...but he supports election stealing...so I won't be paying for them any more.

Zero proof conspiracy election stealing.

Just to be clear.

LMAO
Because Joe and Commie-La are so popular?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Never heard of the Antoine guy but I stopped watching Will Smith after he boycotted the grammy's. I wish they'd pull out of Louisiana, too.

The Grammys are kind of a joke imho..why did he botcott?

They've been a joke for a long time. He and several other black actors boycotted because there weren't any black people nominated for awards. This was after movies like "12 Years A Slave" were nominated simply for their name. People who nominated it admitted to not ever even watching it. Now they have to nominate black people, I'd be embarrassed to be nominated if I was a black actor because it would mean I didn't earn it but I don't think most of them care whther or not it was earned.

Gotcha..I think they are a joke because it's just an award show for industry hacks who vote, has no bearing on talent..Beyonce's 9 year old just won a Grammy..lmao

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

So Trump says boycott MLB and that's fine. But Will Smith says basically the same thing and you guys are all over him. Hypocrites.

Trump was right though, in order to pick up will-call tickets for a baseball game you need an ID, and maybe they haven't heard but black people can't get IDs. How can the MLB keep getting away with discriminating against blacks?

The DMV and liquor stores discriminate, too. And the banks.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So Trump says boycott MLB and that's fine. But Will Smith says the same thing and you guys are all over him. Hypocrites.

Illogical conclusion. Did anyone here boycott the MLB because Trump said so? I didn't. Anybody else? I'm guessing nobody, but that doesn't prevent you from accusing people you don't know. Hypocrites? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

America boycotting the MLb will hurt the MLb a lot worse than Will Smith boycotting Georgia will hurt Georgia.

Not the point.

Who cares, people were boycotting it anyways, along with the NBA and NFL. And they boycotted before Trump said to boycott.

I guess I've been boycotting professional team sports since around 1986.
All along I thought it was just that I didn't GAF anymore.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So Trump says boycott MLB and that's fine. But Will Smith says basically the same thing and you guys are all over him. Hypocrites.

Trump was right though, in order to pick up will-call tickets for a baseball game you need an ID, and maybe they haven't heard but black people can't get IDs. How can the MLB keep getting away with discriminating against blacks?

Those bathurds
How do folks in Atlanta get the gin and juice?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Never heard of the Antoine guy but I stopped watching Will Smith after he boycotted the grammy's. I wish they'd pull out of Louisiana, too.

The Grammys are kind of a joke imho..why did he botcott?

They've been a joke for a long time. He and several other black actors boycotted because there weren't any black people nominated for awards. This was after movies like "12 Years A Slave" were nominated simply for their name. People who nominated it admitted to not ever even watching it. Now they have to nominate black people, I'd be embarrassed to be nominated if I was a black actor because it would mean I didn't earn it but I don't think most of them care whther or not it was earned.

Gotcha..I think they are a joke because it's just an award show for industry hacks who vote, has no bearing on talent..Beyonce's 9 year old just won a Grammy..lmao

Imagine that... Music awards are just as bad, they're all shows for actors and musicians to pat themselves on the back and give most ridiculous performances. Class Favorites at my High School were almost as bad, they always went for the popular, most richest kids. In my Sr. year, we all got together and nominated/voted for the most egotistical baseball jock and the nerdiest fat chick in class so he'd have to stand with her for a picture in the yearbook.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Not the point.

Liar. You've been boycotting since 1986 because somehow or another, Trump told you to.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Those bathurds
How do folks in Atlanta get the gin and juice?

They stand on the corner waiting for a white man with an ID (because they're all smart enough to know where to find one) to walk by and then pay him a couple of extra dollars to get their booze and smoke.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Not the point.

1986?
Buckner ruined sports for you?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Annee

Did he call for it before or after the MLB got woke?

I'm guessing ignorance will be your next response...

Who cares when he called for it?

The goalpost is not moving.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
Oh
That is a great plan.

BTW the loser in the last Georgia governor race didn't want them to leave. That by itself is interesting to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I used to like Will Smith films...but he supports election stealing...so I won't be paying for them any more.

Just to be clear.

LMAO

They won.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The rise in free agency just killed it for me - looking back I was still hanging on in '86 till the end of the decade, then Darryl Strawberry was the final nail.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The movie is Emancipation, based on the life of an enslaved man named Peter, who escapes from a plantation and joins the Union army. Antoine Fuqua is a well known producer.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Just to be clear.

LMAO

They won.

So did the Cincinnati Reds in the 1919 World's Series.
That was rigged too.

(post by Vector99 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ouch. Training Day was awesome. I guess that was back in the old world of early 2000s though.

BOOM! You never know that's the point.

How's old harvey weinstein doing? I think want his input on this issue lmao

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

So, do you know anyone who actually did??

If I feel like going to a baseball game, I will. The Braves after all play just a couple hours or so, down the road. The Marlins a bit further, six hours or so...

If I don't, it won't be because the Bad Orange Man told me to. It'll be for my own reasons.

Just as it won't be because of this "evil" Georgia law. Though no one has been able to explain just why it's so "bad"...?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join