It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends, let me tell you: The Secret

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

one last time:

That means you decide what interpretation of reality you accept, it means you decide if you're victim, winner or whatever state of mind you want to assume.

And there's no contradiction because religion tells you what interpretation and what role you have as 'truth', opposed to experimenting with 'trying the world on in a different mood' I suggested, which might include learning something new.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

one last time:

That means you decide what interpretation of reality you accept, it means you decide if you're victim, winner or whatever state of mind you want to assume.

And there's no contradiction because religion tells you what interpretation and what role you have as 'truth', opposed to experimenting with 'trying the world on in a different mood' I suggested, which might include learning something new.

How is that different than a religion of self that is a security blanket that creates the same falsehoods of religion your obsessed about

You still didn’t answer

a reply to: Peeple

You didn’t answer the question

Again. Would you tell a malnourished child “ The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

Would you tell a person falsely convicted of a crime “The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

Florida man cleared of rape and murder convictions after 37 years in prison
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 14-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

By the why. Religions tells me nothing. I explore religions and shift through the BS to find truth.

And your only offering the self centered religion of self.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yes I did last page

originally posted by: Peeple

No.
But I still would them them to keep a cool head and focus on what positive changes they want to make, what they can focus on that's achievable and lifts their spirit.

I'm not creating a religion, I was sharing a thought....
But have fun thinking about how it's different.

And I'd dare say you could really benefit from trying my thought in the OP as you seem to have ... constipation

edit on 14-4-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You

Is different from religion how?

It’s easy to be your own god when you only have to except a reality dictated by self?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Religions tells me nothing. I explore religions and shift through the BS to find truth.

So who is deciding what is bs and who is deciding what is truth?

Who?

edit on 14-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A good attitude or an Optimist can look for ways, while a bad one or a Realist know which ways not to take.

Glass half full or half empty, the argument still stays the same.

If she asked for a credit card, and crazy sex parties then Id call her religious.
edit on 14-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well it's different because I don't give you a creation myth, don't tell you what happens after you die and got no theory of reality I want to promote.
I'm not preaching won't absolve you from your sins and am not interested in baptising you.
It's different because your soul is entirely your problem and I don't promise I'll lead you to salvation.

It’s easy to be your own god when you only have to except a reality dictated by self?

I don't know what that is supposed to mean?
You can call yourself God if you create a universe and can toy with it as you please. I guess you want to say accept?
Or do you mean you are god everywhere except the reality you create? I don't get it?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: neutronflux

Religions tells me nothing. I explore religions and shift through the BS to find truth.

So who is deciding what is bs and who is deciding what is truth?

Who?

Nobody if you have free will.

That is not the same as “ That means you decide what interpretation of reality you accept, it means you decide if you're victim, winner or whatever state of mind you want to assume.” to ignore thousands of years of other person’s experiences, investigations, teaching, and experiments into what in reality and the meaning of our existence.

Or to create your own religion of self.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   

You

Well it's different because I don't give you a creation myth

False argument. Quote where I ever posted about the creation of earth in this thread.

You

don't tell you what happens after you die and got no theory of reality I want to promote.

That’s why you have free will. And I am blessed up to this point to live in the USA. But that seems liberties are really threaten no matter how one hides themselves.

Buffalo Bills To Require Vaccine Passport For Fans, Allowing For Full Capacity At Stadium

www.forbes.com... 8cc50333d64

NFL: Team employees who refuse vaccination without 'bona fide' reason barred from restricted areas

www.nfl.com...

But. Wait for it. The actual players are not required to have the vaccines, and will not have the same restrictions.

I'm not preaching won't absolve you from your sins and am not interested in baptising you.

Where have I posted about baptizing.

My focus is your peaching your religion of self, and contradict yourself at the same time.

Have to love the contradiction

“ I came to the opposite conclusion: religion keeps us from experiencing truths.”

But....

“ The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

Reality is, well reality. No matter how bad flat earths want the earth to be flat. And flat earth is a religion of self that cannot handle opposing views, I guess like you. The reality is the earth is a rotating sphere.

You

It's different because your soul is entirely your problem and I don't promise I'll lead you to salvation.

That’s up to you. The whole freewill thing.

I don't know what that is supposed to mean?

It’s easy. When you are your own go’s it’s easy to “ The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

Like done how Marxism is going to work this time for sure, while ignoring all past history, and the millions killed in the name of Marxism.

You

You can call yourself God if you create a universe and can toy with it as you please. I guess you want to say accept?
Or do you mean

Or when you avoid intellectually honest debate, and decades of other person’s investigations and own experiences into what is reality and existence to “ The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

Or do you mean you are god everywhere except the reality you create? I don't get it?

No. We live in a society that promotes making our selfs are own god. And worshiping ourselves to “ The world is what you Imagine it to be.“

edit on 15-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   

What’s wrong with this post...

You don’t like this idea, do you.

Be happy and thankful of the blessings you have. Do not worry about, don’t covet, and don’t measure yourself by how blessed your neighbors are. And always be willing to lend a helping hand. Even if it wrecks “ The world is what you Imagine it to be” for yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I was answering your question

Is different from religion how?

You're really far gone aren't you?

I've really tried over and over to explain that what you're so hung up about was meant in context and not what you read into it.
So...

I just thank you for reminding me how incredible dense and stubborn some people are.
Your view of the world is of course the only valid one, your misinterpretation of what I wrote is of course what I truly meant without being aware of it.
I mean a guy who can't tell the difference between accept and except of course has it all figured out.
Oh please enlighten us and keep repeating the same pointless insane post over and over, oh wise one.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

And the problem with current society is too many people “ The world is what you Imagine it to be.“

Washington Post Corrects Misquote About Trump’s December Call with Georgia Election Official

www.voanews.com...

CNN staffer admits network's focus was to 'get Trump out of office,' calls its coverage 'propaganda'

www.foxnews.com...

But you want people to sleep while there is a real and concerted effort to bypass and destroy the US constitution. And those pressures and forces don’t “stop to smell the roses”.

So, no. I am “not too far gone”. I am just living in reality.

While you push religion of self.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You can't live 'in' reality.

Please explain what 'reality' is and then explain what 'you' are.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh boy that's so embarassing, I wasn't aware I have to solve all those issues. How can I ever sleep or have a conversation ever again with the world depending on what I write on this discussion forum!?

Did you tell that the starving children you keep talking about too?
You're of course totally right, now it's more important than ever that we're as single minded, desperate, full of rage as can be, with the strong feeling that everybody is out get us and our enemy. That helps, that's the only truth that counts.

You're so smart. And not insane at all don't worry about what the people say about you.
Paranoid? Puh just realistic, right?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Put yourself above it all, relax.

I think this secret is known to all two year olds and is otherwise known as self indulgence as is generally evidenced within this thread

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Like how you keep changing the subject from what is actual posted.

Oh boy that's so embarassing, I wasn't aware I have to solve all those issues.

Quote where I asked you.

The actual statement was, “And the problem with current society is too many people “ The world is what you Imagine it to be.“ “

You

How can I ever sleep or have a conversation ever again with the world depending on what I write on this discussion forum!?

Has nothing to do with what I posted.

Did you tell that the starving children you keep talking about too?

I care enough to sponsor a child through Compassion International. Big difference in turning a blind eye to a situation vs trying to understand and try to help.

You're of course totally right, now it's more important than ever that we're as single minded, desperate, full of rage as can be, with the strong feeling that everybody is out get us and our enemy. That helps, that's the only truth that counts.

It worked well with Nazi sympathizers in France to “roll over”. Benefitting all of humanity.

You're so smart. And not insane at all don't worry about what the people say about you.

Really. Based on what proof?

But I am concerned what truth is.

And truth is that government is one of the most murderous institutions created by mankind. And it takes unending vigilance to prevent authoritarian governments from coming into power by individuals that never stop in their conquest for power.

Paranoid? Puh just realistic, right?

I guess I will see. I’m not getting a covid vaccination and not getting a vaccination passport. See what class of citizen I become.
edit on 15-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed and added

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I find it odd your basically telling me to “chill out”,

But you seem uncomfortable with the below?

Be happy and thankful of the blessings you have. Do not worry about, don’t covet, and don’t measure yourself by how blessed your neighbors are. And always be willing to lend a helping hand. Even if it wrecks “ The world is what you Imagine it to be” for yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

But you seem uncomfortable with the below?

Really, am I? How would you know what I'm comfortable with or not?

I think it's kind of uncomfortable to have a self righteous prick constantly telling me what I meant, have to do differently, that I start a religion and a ton of more crap I swear I don't give a flying # about.

I'm making fun of you, because... well you're too dumb to notice.
But I guess it's a good first start you realised my last two posts were not making that much sense.
Good for you.

But that's kind of my favourite

You don’t like this idea, do you.

You keep repeating that a lot I believe six times or so by now and it's #ing hilarious.
Do you know why?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Now now

I think it's kind of uncomfortable to have a self righteous prick constantly telling me what I meant, have to do differently, that I start a religion and a ton of more crap I swear I don't give a flying # about.

Where have I ever addressed you in such a manner? Or even told you what to think.

While you have tried to dictate to me, and you falsely implied I posted certain things.

I am comfortable with what I post.
You seem insecure enough to resort to name calling.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join