It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends, let me tell you: The Secret

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I am commenting my own thoughts.

What you intimate is something I feel is ridiculous. It suggests that you can hack the actual work that needs to be put into something to make it happen.

There are ghettos the world over full of people sitting around envisioning themselves in a better situation. Unfortunately, that isn't enough. There are miles of preparation that need to be undertaken to get you there.

While you are not actually getting into the "woo" parts of The Secret....you used it as a proper noun in your title, and I assume that this is underlying what you are talking about?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: neutronflux

As I see it you didn't understand a word I wrote.
It happens.

What, that you cannot make people happy. That happiness has to come from within, and being humble and complacent with the blessing a person does have. While being mindful there is true suffering in the world. And anything from individual bad decisions, to corrupt governments can be the root cause of suffering in the world. And that while you state “ The world is what you Imagine it to be” there are children in the world experiencing extreme mental, sexual, physical abuse with their only sin was being born to the wrong parents.

And that you get huffy when your advice of “fiddle while Rome burns” is ignored?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I resent the idea the secret is a trademark. Especially since I really don't like it.
I should have put a disclaimer somewhere.

I just meant it as encouragement to take breaks, step away from all the super serious # when you can.
Because it will still be there when you come back.
I just think it's necessary to now and then step back and look at you from a different perspective. To ask yourself what you stand for.

edit on 9-4-2021 by Peeple because: half sentence missing

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Because that's not what I had in mind.
From my own OP

By no means do I say be peaceful...

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I cannot disagree with what you said here.

Know thyself.

I find that music and bourbon give me a great chance for introspection, without all the cringe I may get when I realize I did something stupid. A couple fingers of 9Bands and some David Allen Coe are good for the soul.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Because that's not what I had in mind.
From my own OP

By no means do I say be peaceful...

Ok? Quote where you posted anything about being thankful for your blessings, and being content if you don’t have a pink Cadillac?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So. What’s better. Having to “meditate” because you are stressed your not “keeping up with the Jones.” Because you let society dictate how to measure yourself.

Or your not even stressed because you don’t care what the neighbors have because you find joy in your own blessings. And you don’t value and measure life like the selfish elements of our culture.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Looking back to Celts, Greeks, Egypt, all the Ancients in Asia, like Hindi, the old Shang...what's the centre in this Venn?

She didn't include the Romans in this spiritual post, for obvious reasons.

Let's quote an expert anyway :

I just feel better imagining Arnold saying "laaaaahhmentaaahhtions"

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm a pragmatist.

If my situation isn't ideal, I get out of there. I don't sit around pretending things are OK. Usually, it turns out to be easier to do than you might think, if you'd only try.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Keeps me going.

Although the laughing occasionally gets me in trouble.

Especially in the theater, when the hero is dying. People just don't seem to like that.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Evil is relative. ...

My relatives are rather nice, even though they are a bit weird.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Not everyone is cut out for buddhism.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Wise words.

But how can we forgive / get over it ourselves if we don't know if the ones we did harm or unjust has forgiven us? What if a dialog never came to be? Even if someones forgives you but doesn't want to speak to you, is that true forgivenness or just lip service? Not that the one would be entitled to forgiveness or contact, it's just something I do not understand.

I am not thinking about cutting someone off in the bakery line. Maybe you can help me understand this?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

One could live with it, while the other couldn't.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

edit on 9.4.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Thanks for the reminder.

This damned persistent illusion !! LoL !!

The ride goes up.
The ride goes down.
But in the end : it's just a ride.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

By no means do I say be peaceful, but always take your time to recalibrate. What matters?

Why not? What's wrong with encouraging or reminding people to be peaceful (or emphasizing the cultivation of that quality), or why do you feel the need to point out that that's not what you are saying ( I didn't get the impression that that was what you were saying before that)? Or did I miss the point? What about just being kind to one another, which would include being peaceful (noncombative). As Jesus said:

“I leave you peace; I give you my peace. I do not give it to you the way that the world gives it. Do not let your hearts be troubled nor let them shrink out of fear. You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am. So now I have told you before it occurs, so that you may believe when it does occur. I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me. But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do.” (John 14:27-31)

“I have said these things to you so that by means of me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.” (John 16:33)

“Happy are the peacemakers, since they will be called sons of God.” (Matthew 5:9)

James said:

“Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for* [Or possibly, “by.”] those who are making peace.” (James 3:18)

Paul said:

“Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.” (Romans 12:17,18)

Back to Jesus:

“Go! Look! I am sending you out as lambs in among wolves. . . . Wherever you enter into a house, say first: ‘May this house have peace.’ And if a friend of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if there is not, it will return to you.” (Luke 10:3,5,6)

Song 141 Searching for Friends of Peace (playlist)

Here's another wholesome/beneficial quality to cultivate:

There are a whole bunch of them listed in Matthew 5 (the chapter I quoted from earlier, with the verses that start with “Happy are the ...”). These are the things or qualities (human attributes) that are “fine from the viewpoint of all men”, as Paul put it at Romans 12:17,18, quoted earlier. “Mild-tempered” is another good one (as in an obvious one as well, that they are “fine from the viewpoint of all men”, i.e. we should all be able to agree that these are fine qualities to cultivate and will improve human-human relations and human society the more they are cultivated across the board). As Paul says:

“Let a rotten word not come out of your mouth, but only what is good for building up as the need may be, to impart what is beneficial to the hearers.” (Ephesians 4:29) And:

“Put away from yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger, wrath, screaming, and abusive speech, as well as everything injurious. But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:31,32)

“Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things. The things that you learned as well as accepted and heard and saw in connection with me, practice these, and the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:8,9)
edit on 10-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Listen to us.

Inside. We are here.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   
But I'm a little disappointed no one caught on to 'the aware' part.
Didn't you all want a super power?
Let's raise the stakes. All in. Double or nothing.
Level 2.
Let's rise.

edit on 10-4-2021 by Peeple because: add music

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: neutronflux

What's up with all the assumptions?

All I said is occasionally you have to step back and remember the good you're fighting for. It won't be solved over night and I promise:
The mess will still be there when you return from your break.
Plus it really wouldn't hurt to doubt yourself.

You're assumptions are all wrong again.

Please specifically quote a wrong “assumption”. And why it’s wrong. Let’s start with that one example.

Like me, you are operating under the misconception that this was intended to be a "discussion" thread...while it is clearly a Wokist 'preaching' thread.

The former is intended to stimulate discussion and alternative opinion, whilst the latter, is merely a projection of inherent insecurity.

Join the rest of us NOW...and just sit back and gaze in awe, while marveling at the enlightenment of the OP and her revelation to us as she shares 'The Secret'.

100 percent accurate.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join