It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends, let me tell you: The Secret

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Well it's not false, I'd prefer to express it as 'my thread my room to follow my thoughts' some understood and found that it was interesting and worthwhile, others don't.
You know what? That's ok.
Huggs and kisses and if you want to talk about your thoughts: write your own thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Join the rest of us NOW...and just sit back and gaze in awe, while marveling at the enlightenment of the OP and her revelation to us as she shares 'The Secret'.

That's the new age philosophy book that Oprah Winfrey likes to promote* right? (*: help sell)

Ka-ching.

Materialists posing as being spiritually inclined...always amusing in an ironic kind of way. Jesus said:

“Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need”. (Matthew 5:3) Not those trying to make money off of those, with counterfeit spirituality written to 'tickle the ears' of the listener as per 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (just telling them what they want to hear). Margot Adler, a New Age guru, explains that many of the women who join women’s New Age movements do it “for reasons that are very personal. . . . They hate their bodies, they hate themselves. They come into these groups which basically say to you, ‘You’re the Goddess, you’re wonderful.’” Flattery is the act of pleasing by artful commendation; adulation; false, insincere, or excessive praise. It is usually done to gratify the self-love or vanity of the one flattered and is therefore damaging to him/her. Its motive is to gain favor or material benefits from another,* to create a feeling of obligation toward the flatterer or to bring glory to him/her. Often it is designed to lead the other person into a trap. (Pr 29:5)

*: “No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches.” (Matthew 6:24)

The use of flattery is not evidence of the wisdom from above; it is of this world, being characterized by selfishness, the making of partial distinctions, and hypocrisy. (Jas 3:17) Insincerity, lying, adulating or glorifying men, and playing on the vanity of others are all displeasing to God.​—2Co 1:12; Ga 1:10; Eph 4:25; Col 3:9; Re 21:8.

While the use of flattery may appear to be the gainful course, the Bible points out that “he that is reproving a man will afterward find more favor than he will that is flattering with his tongue.” (Pr 28:23) When a person employs flattery to gain advantage over another person, it is the opposite of love. A hater may resort to flattery but will eventually have his deceptiveness roll back on him like a stone.​—Pr 26:24-28.

Flattery employs smooth talk in order to beguile its victim. The expressions “flattery,” “smooth tongue (lip, or words)” (Ps 5:9; 12:2, 3; Da 11:32), “smoothness” (Pr 7:21; Da 11:34, ftn), and “double-faced” (Eze 12:24, ftn) are translations of the Hebrew root word cha·laqʹ or related words. In every Bible instance cited, the motive of the smooth talker is bad.
edit on 10-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You are the mouthpiece of Satan with your new age mumbo jumbo.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Ok. Again...

So. What’s better. Having to “meditate” because you are stressed your not “keeping up with the Jones.” Because you let society dictate how to measure yourself.

Or your not even stressed because you don’t care what the neighbors have because you find joy in your own blessings. And you don’t value and measure life like the selfish elements of our culture.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

PM

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And just fyi the TV doesn't stop you from having your own thoughts.

Another one got killed in London. That happens a lot in Europe. In India and elsewhere you get killed for having an opinion. On Sand, or such trivial things.

So if we're counting our blessings, I'm thankful I'm not a spy. They're a rare and very valuable resource.
#SpyLivesMatter
Horrible job, with bad hours, super hierarchical work environment. I mean you have to be a patriot if you make that lifestyle choice.
It probably changes in time, if you climb up the ladder. With all the # that's going, simultaneously crazy boring and aweful.
Same is probably true for all uniform jobs.
I have a thing for uniforms.

Just for fun, sharing some of my crazy inner dialogue.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Why do I have to add value to a conversation you have with yourself?
I'm not the person you imagine I am.
So that has to come from inside your brain, not mine.

If that's triggered by my story I dare say: you got issues.
But not with me. It's all entirely your opinion and has nothing to do with me.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Why do I have to add value to a conversation you have with yourself?
I'm not the person you imagine I am.
So that has to come from inside your brain, not mine.

This world can only stress you if you are part of this world.

Like. What’s that saying.

If media made you, media can take you out.

Same with the world.

If you are only made happy by things of this world. Corruption and greed can take away your happiness. If the world made you, it can break you.

Matthew 6

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

biblehub.com...

I didn’t think triggered is the right word.

I think it has more to do with a self centered thread and this statement that ended the credibility of this thread...

Evil is relative. Ask a pig and we are evil.

It's there either way, if you pay attention or not.

Evil is not relative. Evil is real, and is causing documented true human suffering. And no mater how hard you try to ignore it.

Your attitude of “let the eat cake” doesn’t help you either.

Take this

“ The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

That is a very “first world” problem.

Not very practicality for those in combat. In a war zone. Where it’s a struggle every day to locate food. For those living under constant abuse. Those trapped as a sexual slave.

What “wise” advice would you give to a soldier on the front?

Would you tell a starving child “ The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

To me. Your mind set is as bad as this advice.

Indiana University basketball Coach Bob Knight, who told NBC’s Connie Chung, “I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it,” has said his remarks were misinterpreted.

www.latimes.com...

edit on 10-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixec

edit on 10-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You think to remember what the 'good' is you're fighting for is harmful?
Interesting.

Evil is relative, a lot of people think they're good but are evil to others and vice versa.

edit on 10-4-2021 by Peeple because: spacebar

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You think to remember what the 'good' is you're fighting for is harmful?
Interesting.

There you go again. Using innuendo to create a nonexistent argument.

Quote where I stated that which you are implying.

Trying to change the subject from your BS post.

This is what I have posted.

originally posted by: neutronflux

Evil is relative. Ask a pig and we are evil.

It's there either way, if you pay attention or not.

Just noticed 'spell' has two meanings...

Pigs talk to you? What dialect do they use?

There is being respectful and part of a natural process. And then there is obscenely and greedily practicing acts that corrupt a natural process, or acts that result in wrongfully removing freedoms from segments of an innocent population.

Genocide and political purging are real events in history.

-and———-

Evil is not relative. Evil is real, and is causing documented true human suffering. And no mater how hard you try to ignore it.

———
So. My real argument is not “good” and “evil”. But actions that cause actual human suffering.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Now. Stop changing the subject and answer the questions.

Take this

“ The world is what you Imagine it to be.”

That is a very “first world” problem.

Not very practicality for those in combat. In a war zone. Where it’s a struggle every day to locate food. For those living under constant abuse. Those trapped as a sexual slave.

What “wise” advice would you give to a soldier on the front?

Would you tell a starving child “ The world is what you imagine it to be.”
edit on 10-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You don’t like this idea, do you.

Be happy and thankful of the blessing you have. Do not worry about, don’t covet, and don’t measure yourself by how blessed your neighbors are. And always be willing to lend a helping hand. Even if it wrecks “ The world is what you Imagine it to be” for yourself.

edit on 10-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

edit on 10-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Forgot a not.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Like I said, I don't feel like I even participate in the conversation you have.

You didn't understand my point and nothing you say is about the topic.
So farewell rambling, ranting stranger I just leave you to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

While you are not actually getting into the "woo" parts of The Secret....you used it as a proper noun in your title, and I assume that this is underlying what you are talking about?

Is the OP talking about the Law of Attraction here...If so seems they could get to it quicker..lol

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Like I said, I don't feel like I even participate in the conversation you have.

You didn't understand my point and nothing you say is about the topic.
So farewell rambling, ranting stranger I just leave you to it.

Then stop making false claims on what I post. Stop trying to imply I posted something I did not.

Either ignore me. Or if you “care” enough to misrepresent what I post, have the intellectually honesty to answer the questions aimed at you.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't need secret mind control or trick, all I need is ignore button for these two members
edit on 10-4-2021 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

First of all

Even if it wrecks “ The world is what you Imagine it to be” for yourself.

That was never intention of the text I wrote. My point was allow yourself to change your own mood, be aware what you're doing and why and if that's still the person you want to be.
Because there is # out there than can mess you up good.

Who says these

So. What’s better. Having to “meditate” because you are stressed your not “keeping up with the Jones.” Because you let society dictate how to measure yourself.

Or your not even stressed because you don’t care what the neighbors have because you find joy in your own blessings. And you don’t value and measure life like the selfish elements of our culture.

are all existing options or even real ones besides your limited imagination?

You're like really agressive. You have obviously a problem.
I assure you I am not it.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Peeps stop beating around the bush. Tell us about 6D or admit you're still in the theory phase.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Not even a theory. A thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's nice to speculate to explore what-ifs. That should be our intention in conversation:
Let me enrich you with a tale about my experience, fellow travellers...
On the internet it's all speculation. That's a good thing.
Words on a screen are not reality.

Your brain gets in the way of your thinking process. As absurd as that sounds, it happens all the time.
Your brain is managing your existence and wants you to live.
Is that 'evil? Not per se... But a little sometimes.
What we do to 'get ahead' in another completely make-believe world business, society and all of it.

Add fear, the secret knowledge of a big threat, shake it a little
Recipe for Disaster.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join