It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video presented in court of George Floyd yelling that he ate too many pills

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: amtracer
Floyd clearly said “I ate too many pills.”

No he didnt say it you made that up. the defense claimed he said i ate to many drugs. The prosecution said he was saying i aint did no drugs. Having listened several times the prosecution is right.

If you want to be technical about it, then I'm pretty sure you also made that up.

I'm fairly certain the claim the prosecution made, was that he said, "I aint do no drugs"

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The part where the officer on scene isn't culpable for being accessory at the very least. His superior already acknowledged he didn't follow protocol, it's just a matter of determining the precise degree of asshole he was that day.

Except now it has come out that not only did he follow protocol, he used less force than he was authorized to use based on all of the circumstances.

In other words, he used restraint.

The city needs to sue the family for their money back.

Less force? These cops messed up he doesnt really fight back Do you realize they got him into the police car and then pull him out. And when he was first arrested he simply put his hands behind his back. Even at one point he asks the officer to take his knee off his neck and he says i will if you get into the car. And george floyd says i will but yet the officer continues to apply pressure.

I dont think you saw all the videos Here is the entire arrest from start to finish using all the cameras

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 4/8/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Less force? These cops messed up he doesnt really fight back Do you realize they got him into the police car and then pull him out. And when he was first arrested he simply put his hands behind his back. Even at one point he asks the officer to take his knee off his neck and he says i will if you get into the car. And george floyd says i will but yet the officer continues to apply pressure.l

They never successfully got him into the car, because he was uncooperative and resisting. They stopped trying to get him into the car and called for the EMTs, because of the way he was acting, and his claim of claustrophobia.

And when first on the ground, he did kick one of the officers. So after all of that, they were just supposed to trust him, and take his word that he would no longer resist?

edit on 4/8/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Yes they did they litterally pull him through the back seat, So he goes in one door and they pull him out the other watch the video

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Less force?

Yes, and that is according to the prosecutions own 'use of force' expert witness.

So... whatchagonnado?
edit on 8-4-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yes they did they litterally pull him through the back seat, So he goes in one door and they pull him out the other watch the video

He was kicking at them the whole time. Yes, they pulled him through from the other side, but at first, his feet were still hanging out the left side. Then he started fighting them on the right side.

Watch from around 8:30-11:20, and you'll see something different from what is shown in the NYTimes edited version you linked. He fought them the entire time, and they never successfully got him entirely in the car.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: slatesteam

Is anybody in this thread a lawyer or judge in this case?

Just pick a side or enjoy the circus...

Peace

Might as well be for those who have been watching the trial. You get every angle and it makes it easier to base your judgement off of those facts. As of right now, I'm siding with the defense.

I get it...but your judgement will remain your opinion no matter how much you have convinced yourself you have all the facts.

Do facts even matter?

What's the cost of locking this guy up vs the cost of a a nation in flames.

Should we bend right and wrong under the pressure of violence...no. Are we going to...I guess that is where the real judgement is in this case.

Be curious to see how it pans out...

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: crazyeddie68
a reply to: TzarChasm

How is what I wrote wrong,though?

I do think the cop may bear some responsibility for not helping George once he became unconscious,but am unsure of police procedure when it comes to rendering first aid.

From a purely technical perspective, as soon as it was clear that he was in distress the cops should have called it in, the trial isn't because they had him on the ground, it's because they had him on the ground for an extended period of time after it had become clear that he was in medical distress.

The difference between an accidental death and manslaughter is that 10 or so minutes when they continued to restrain him after he had gotten into medical distress.

If somebody has a heart condition and you startle them, and they have a heart attack, and you call 911, then you're all good.

If you sit on them for 5 minutes afterwards, then you're not.
Maybe.

But how is the cop to know if he was faking,especially in the hostile environment they were in.(as Xtrozero pointed out)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Less force?

Yes, and that is according to the prosecutions own 'use of force' expert witness.

So... whatchagonnado?

This is the witness who testified that Floyd died from lack of oxygen (I can't breathe) today?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
What's the cost of locking this guy up vs the cost of a a nation in flames.

Should we bend right and wrong under the pressure of violence...no. Are we going to...I guess that is where the real judgement is in this case.

Well, per the oddsmakers the current money lines indicate Chauvin will walk free with zero guilty counts at 45% probability of zero counts. Throw in the fact that a conviction on manslaughter is in second place at 35%, and it doesn't appear the money is on that jury convicting him.

If we start convicting people based on the risk of riots, then the Constitution is dead and we may as well break up the Republic now, saving those of us who care from having to do it down the road.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yeah that doesnt change my mind they pull him through the car. On this video instead of chauvin shutting the door he grabs him by the neck and drags him out the car. There is a reason they have a steal cage in the back of squad cars he would have calmed down. Chauvin made it personal instead of handling it like an officer should have, He was a lose cannon 17 complaints against him for use of force is serious. Most officers dont even have 1. He was one of those officers that fed on authority. Even when he had 3 officers on him saying he couldnt breath they asked him if he wanted to get in the car and he said yes. Instead they sat on his neck until he died. And i will say this if he doesnt go to jail there is no justice,

Poice have a tough job i get that but having said that a badge does not give the the right to do whatever they want. And that badge is a contract to protect all the people including the bad guys. The days were officers pull out billie clubs and beat you are over. And if they are responsible for someones death they should be held accountable. The badge is not a license to kill.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
where George Floyd is clearly heard yelling to the officers "I ate too many pills".

Man, I wonder how many times Police Officers heard that before?

It amazes me that George Floyd said "I can't breathe" on camera before he was ever on the ground, yet there are still idiots who think the only thing interfering with his breathing was a knee on his neck.

A complete lack of Logic.

I'm SO using these excuses...

If I'm ever stupid enough to get arrested.
edit on 8-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
It amazes me that George Floyd said "I can't breathe" on camera before he was ever on the ground, yet there are still idiots who think the only thing interfering with his breathing was a knee on his neck.

The deceased criminal felt the weight of generations of slavery on his neck, restricting his windpipe and vitality (except, of course, when he was in the act of doing something that needed air and an open throat like swallowing a handful of illicit narcotics). Clearly he felt that knee on his neck the moment he exited the womb.

Meanwhile, here in reality land, some piece of crap made a series of piss poor decisions and it cost him his life. End of story.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Who wants to take a ride in a time machine? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-4-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Pretending to cry like a little girl whose puppy got ran over probably worked for him in other instances.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yeah that doesnt change my mind they pull him through the car. On this video instead of chauvin shutting the door he grabs him by the neck and drags him out the car. There is a reason they have a steal cage in the back of squad cars he would have calmed down.

There is only one person to blame for Floyd not being in the car. He was constantly resisting and pushing himself out. They tried for a few minutes, but were never able to get him in the car and shut the doors. All he had to do was sit down.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This is the witness who testified that Floyd died from lack of oxygen (I can't breathe) today?

No. Didn't see that one.

But his autopsy clearly states that he did not die of asphyxia.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

It amazes me that people still believe the lie that the knee was on his neck.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So let me understand this. Let's say, he did say 'I ate too many drugs, man."

So, you, as a cop, after hearing him say 'I ate too many drugs', along with 'I can't breathe.', your goal is to continue obstructing his airways? Even though he's clearly cuffed, surrounded by cops? Crowds, etc -- with no where to run? Even after those two statements, even after the crowd surrounded pleaded with you to let him breath, because they could hear the same thing?

Eh, that kind of looks worst on Chauvins part. Kind of validates the ongoing belief that he was a cool-headed sociopath (not cop), quite content in delivering death upon this man. Let me give you the spoiler: Chauvin is going to jail, period. Deal with it now.

The mental gymnastics by people on this site is mind boggling.
edit on 9-4-2021 by LastWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LastWatcherThe mental gymnastics by people on this site is mind boggling.

Oooooor, those people, unlike you, have watch the entire video of the event & thus knows why he was on the ground...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join