It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video presented in court of George Floyd yelling that he ate too many pills

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25836683]Sookiechacha[/post
The rioters were costing the city that much daily...it's called appeasement and strong leaders 'which Minnesota doesn't have don't give in to terrorists demands

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
So Floyd DID have lethal amounts of potent drugs in his system?

Edit: and WAS resisting?

And was complaining of not being able to breathe while still standing, before being put on the ground?

And was making multiple statements that he 'ate too many pills'?

And it is now known that Chauvin's knee was on his back, not his neck?

Also: what Chauvin did was horrific and wrong.

Considering all the above - what, exactly, did Chauvin do that was 'horrific and wrong'?

There was certainly nothing 'horrific' about what he did... bad judgement in how long he kept his knee on his back, maybe, but not even remotely 'horrific'.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It makes no difference what the outcome of the trial the rioters are gonna riot because all the looted stuff of the last riots has been sold on so it's time to restock again.
And to reiterate, if you all thought the last years riots was about George Floyd or BLM you're idiots. The riots were for one thing only, to accumulate "free" goods.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: slatesteam

Is anybody in this thread a lawyer or judge in this case?

Just pick a side or enjoy the circus...

Peace

Might as well be for those who have been watching the trial. You get every angle and it makes it easier to base your judgement off of those facts. As of right now, I'm siding with the defense.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Prosecution looks good until the defense gets up there and completely blows their attempts up.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
so apparently the lead investigator thinks it sounded like Floyd said, "I aint do no drugs"

isn't that similar to... "I ate too many drugs"

double-negative

I don't get it... You wrote "I'm a piece of crap" twice...

Roses are red, violets are blue
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: slatesteam
He gonna walk and the country will burn again this summer too...

Again? I must have missed it the first time.

You must have been asleep throughout all of 2020.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: slatesteam

Also: what Chauvin did was horrific and wrong. But.

This whole thread in a sentence. At the end of the day, there will always be someone who says "yeah that's pretty bad, but -" and then comes the rationalizing and minimizing and reframing that eventually shrugs off murder as some kind of accident.
...But was doing a job the city trained him to do,enforcing laws that weren't created by him.

Then that same city puts him on trial for doing something they trained that cop to do.

If the cop beat him to death(like the Kelly Thomas case)I could see your point.

Do you think George would still be alive if the drugs he swallowed were legal? How about if Chauvin wasn't trained to use his knee like that?

There's many factors at play here,but in my opinion,murder isn't one of them.

I see this whole thing as a scapegoat move.The blame,in my opinion,falls on those that trained the cop and the stupid war on drugs policy that's been locking up addicts instead of actually helping them overcome their addictions.

I see you just couldn't resist doing exactly what I predicted.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

How is what I wrote wrong,though?

I do think the cop may bear some responsibility for not helping George once he became unconscious,but am unsure of police procedure when it comes to rendering first aid.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Prosecution looks good until the defense gets up there and completely blows their attempts up.

Prosecution charging Floyd family $20 million??

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I do think the cop may bear some responsibility for not helping George once he became unconscious,but am unsure of police procedure when it comes to rendering first aid.

The part where the officer on scene isn't culpable for being accessory at the very least. His superior already acknowledged he didn't follow protocol, it's just a matter of determining the precise degree of asshole he was that day.
edit on 8-4-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Not to mention the police union that would have been all over firing him for appearance.

They were initially.
www.mprnews.org...

The head of the Minneapolis police union is saying former officer Derek Chauvin and three other officers who were involved in the killing of George Floyd last week were fired without due process, suggesting the officers may try to get their jobs back.

Again, however, this entire politically driven farce has shoved down dissenting voices like the police union in it's demand for blood.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LSU2018

Prosecution charging Floyd family $20 million??

I'd charge them more than that after all the time I've wasted trying to prosecute an innocent man. I'd make it $27 million.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The part where the officer on scene isn't culpable for being accessory at the very least. His superior already acknowledged he didn't follow protocol, it's just a matter of determining the precise degree of asshole he was that day.

There are some new and key points coming out in the trial in favor of the defense and we are still with the prosecutors witnesses, so not looking good for the state to convict on anything.

We now know by the prosecutors key SME/Witnesses that the restraint he did is considered the lower level, and it is below using a taser which they could have used too. It is a recommended and taught restraint no matter what some leadership has said to cover their ass. It is common to keep the restraint on until the EMT arrives and this also depends on the situation. In this case Floyd outweighed the cop by 100 pounds and the crowd was aggressive, so it was well within norm to do. The restraint didn't kill Floyd by a blood choke etc...Chowder had one of his team members do the same restraint but his team member weighed 235 and Chauvin weighs like 140. Chowder said it was very uncomfortable but he was able to breath and talk the whole time even with a person 100 pounds heavier...well past 9 mins.

edit on 8-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: Bluntone22

He likely was having issues getting enough oxygen due to the fentenyl. So he probably had the sensation that he couldn't breathe.

So, you're saying that the cops should have called an EMT much sooner, and that he might have survived if they had acted?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

From a purely technical perspective, as soon as it was clear that he was in distress the cops should have called it in, the trial isn't because they had him on the ground, it's because they had him on the ground for an extended period of time after it had become clear that he was in medical distress.

The difference between an accidental death and manslaughter is that 10 or so minutes when they continued to restrain him after he had gotten into medical distress.

If somebody has a heart condition and you startle them, and they have a heart attack, and you call 911, then you're all good.

If you sit on them for 5 minutes afterwards, then you're not.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

So, you're saying that the cops should have called an EMT much sooner, and that he might have survived if they had acted?

Who knows, but it seems the EMT arrived rather quickly. With Floyd freaking out and a very loud and aggressive crowd there was a lot going on. One guy was screaming "I'll F you up!" over and over as example...I'm not sure if the cops could hear anything with all the noise and just wanted to keep control until the EMT arrived.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

From a purely technical perspective, as soon as it was clear that he was in distress the cops should have called it in, the trial isn't because they had him on the ground, it's because they had him on the ground for an extended period of time after it had become clear that he was in medical distress.

Was it so clear? Seems Chauvin was more interested in what the very noisey crowd was doing as he had Floyd under control, but a violent crowd would have been bad. You are assuming Chauvin would know his pulse, or that he went unconscious... We are talking a min or two from when he last talked moved his head to unconscious...One guy in the crowd was being held back as he screamed "I'll F you up!" over and over.

The difference between an accidental death and manslaughter is that 10 or so minutes when they continued to restrain him after he had gotten into medical distress.

Why not say 30 mins....lol Wasn't it 9 mins from the time he started the restraint until he was unconscious... Was he in medical stress, or would they know he was when he asked to be put on the ground and then tried to kick the one cop and fight? The one cop was holding his legs because he was trying to kick them...

If somebody has a heart condition and you startle them, and they have a heart attack, and you call 911, then you're all good.

If you sit on them for 5 minutes afterwards, then you're not.

Total BS...they didn't know what he had, that is why the called the EMT to figure it out. 9 mins has zero meaning as to how long or short one continues restraint, it was the time until the EMT arrived.

edit on 8-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Except now it has come out that not only did he follow protocol, he used less force than he was authorized to use based on all of the circumstances.

In other words, he used restraint.

The city needs to sue the family for their money back.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amtracer
Floyd clearly said “I ate too many pills.”

No he didnt say it you made that up. the defense claimed he said i ate to many drugs. The prosecution said he was saying i aint did no drugs. Having listened several times the prosecution is right.
edit on 4/8/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join