It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who want to get vaccinated but can't find a place try this Vaccine Pickle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It's not gene therapy, it does not affect DNA.
Why will it give me an auto-immune disease, at the least?
edit on 4/4/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: KansasGirl

It's not gene therapy, it does not affect DNA.
Why will it give me an auto-immune disease, at the least?

I don't think this can boldly be stated as fact. Many things alter DNA without reaching the cell nucleus, as you well know.

It's hard to find honest research without political or financial motives involved. We will have to wait and see. I do wish the best for all who brave these jabs.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: putnam6

This is really commendable.

Cheers to you!

I hope your app will assist many.

It's not my app, I am in no way affiliated with Vaccine Pickle.

as has been mentioned I'm not signing up nor would I recommend anybody doing this, but if you are hell-bent on getting the vaccine this may make it easier to find a place.

Of course, you can remain unvaccinated, but so far there seem to have been a lot of shots delivered worldwide and hardly any adverse issues:

Vaccine Tracker - Bloomberg

There has also been a fair amount of caution, in regard to several countries putting a brief halt on distribution when there were reports of possible issues (which turned out to be a false alarm).

And with the incredible number of doses already delivered, and the period of time where we have had the vaccine in use, you can hardly call it 'untested' anymore.

Not to mention all sorts of BS that members on here, who should know better, keep repeating:
- BS things like the RNA modifying our genes, and that the modifications are heritable as well.
- BS like there was insufficient testing.
- BS like the vaccine RNA spreading through our whole body forever (then why would you need boosters?).
- BS like we will establish herd immunity and it will protect us if only we do nothing (look how it worked with the 'flu and cold viruses. In fact herd immunity, historically, is not usually established naturally until generations pass).
- And BS like the old fashioned vaccines, using inactivated whole viruses, are safer than mRNA vaccines.

edit on 4/4/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Whoa, the Qanon fear mongering anti vac. reigns supreme on ATS.

edit on 4-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Many things alter DNA without reaching the cell nucleus, as you well know.
DNA is in the nucleus. DNA cannot be altered unless something reaches the nucleus.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Thanks for sharing. I may try it in 10 years.

The vaccination clinic I visited had tissues available for snowflakes.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Many things alter DNA without reaching the cell nucleus, as you well know.
DNA is in the nucleus. DNA cannot be altered unless something reaches the nucleus.

False, and surely you know this. I can give a hundred sources.

mappingignorance.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The link you provide is about DNA damage having effects outside the nucleus. Want to try again?

Figure 1. Is DNA damage only affecting the nucleus?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I won’t be looking for a place to get vaccinated

Nor will the VAST MAJORITY of people

The narrative has failed

US COVID-19 vaccine progress - USA Facts

Whose narrative has failed?

LOL.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The link you provide is about DNA damage having effects outside the nucleus. Want to try again?

Sorry about that

But if viruses can alter DNA, why do you insist these "vaccines" cannot do the same? medika.life...

Also worth noting they now have freedom to alter ingredients at will using their own discretion. Nobody can honestly predict long term issues, especially when few even know the ingredients. I'm not a fan of fear mongering but transparency is a beautiful thing. This isn't my kind of adrenaline rush.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

But if viruses can alter DNA, why do you insist these "vaccines" cannot do the same?
Because mRNA vaccines are not viruses, for one thing. They contain no viral material.

I'm not a fan of fear mongering
Not a fan, but you seem to partake. Putting vaccines in quotation marks for example. There is no need for that but it shows that you are buying the bull# as you display your ignorance.

Ignorance is a treatable condition but it is easier to be spoonfed misinformation than seek facts.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just gonna leave this here...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

An mRNA molecule transfers a portion of the DNA code to other parts of the cell for making proteins. DNA therapeutics needs access to the nucleus to be transcribed into RNA, and its functionality depends on nuclear envelope breakdown during cell division.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

One small detail, mRNA vaccines are not DNA theraputics.

Keep reading, like, the next sentence in the paragraph.

However, mRNA therapeutics do not need to enter into the nucleus to be functional since it will be translated immediately once it has reached to the cytoplasm.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Dude, you shouldn’t be making it easier for people to get this “vaccine.” You’re helping people give themselves experimental non-vaccine “gene therapy.” Which will give them at the very least an auto-immune disease down the road.

LOL don't tell me I need to do the disclaimer with ya KG? Either people are going to get the vaccine or they aren't. Not to mention the sheople are blasted with directives to get the vaccine 24/7.

The sooner the government runs out of people to vaccinate, the sooner we can get to the next governmental phase of this crap, whatever it is? Besides part of me thinks TPTB wants to drag it out as long as possible. Let's end this # get the people who want to get vaccinated and move on.

Personally, I'd bet it tops out at less than 50% unless they start making it mandatory at school or businesses.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm not sure how up to date that really is.
On another site, I saw that MI was almost to 40% for those with at least one shot.

ETA, it was 35.2%
www.michigan.gov...
edit on Sun Apr 4 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Sorry about that

But if viruses can alter DNA, why do you insist these "vaccines" cannot do the same? medika.life...

Also worth noting they now have freedom to alter ingredients at will using their own discretion. Nobody can honestly predict long term issues, especially when few even know the ingredients. I'm not a fan of fear mongering but transparency is a beautiful thing. This isn't my kind of adrenaline rush.

Not all viruses are retroviruses. SARS-nCoV-2 is not retroviral. HIV is.

A non-retroviral virus can, however, get into the DNA by an insertion mutation.

Normally this happens when DNA is damaged at a particular point (usually during replication, which doesn't normally require RNA in the process) and the process of splitting the DNA and building complementary pairings of bases gets interrupted and RNA at the locus can potentially be 'bound in' by accident.

Mutations in humans have been variously estimated to occur successfully about 175 times in a normal human lifetime (everyone calculates different rates, and uses different methods, LOL).

An insertion mutation (there are other types) would probably account for about 1/3rd of that - about 58 insertion mutations, per human being, per lifetime, so out of roughly 37.2 trillion cells, times roughly eighty years, that's a fairly low rate, for starters.

Although still possible, it is even more unlikely because there are numerous mechanisms that ensure fidelity, and which would usually reject this type of mutation right at the point of mutation.

The most likely results of such an unlikely event, is an immune response that kills the cell, or that it causes a cancer, or in the case of the mutation surviving heritability, from the abnormal but usually biologically functionless DNA, with a corresponding energy inefficiency that such absence of function implies, it would be simply selected against by evolutionary forces.

It is also most likely that even if the cell survives and goes on to divide, that the immune system will recognize it for what it is, and will destroy the cell. Ending the mutation and obliterating its code. It is what the immune system was made for.

edit on 4/4/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Why the heck are they vaccinating pickles now ?

What have these pickles done, to deserve such a fate ?

They have pickle dreams !!
Pickle hopes !!

We must stop this, and rescue the pickles of the world !!

#SaveThePickles

edit on 442021 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I'm not sure how up to date that really is.
On another site, I saw that MI was almost to 40% for those with at least one shot.

Initiation at least one dose is 35.2 completion as the picture below is 21.5 from your link

also from your link

The NPR site was the only site I saw with national and state totals and projections #1 and #2 Good Friday is a holiday for some

Says built from the information from the CDC here is the CDC disclaimer about the data for Michigan their last update was March 30th

Data in this report may differ from data on state and local websites. This may be due to differences in how data were collected (e.g., date specimen obtained, or date reported for cases) or how the metrics are calculated. Historical data may be updated over time due to delayed reporting. Data presented here use standard metrics across counties in a state. It allows for the exploration of standardized data within a state and compared to the United States. The footnotes describe each data source and the methods used for calculating the metrics. For the most complete and up-to-date data for any particular locality, visit the relevant health department website.
edit on 4-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The narrative has failed

What is your reference for the VAST MAJORITY? According to the NPR data (cited above) over 100 million in the US have had at least one shot. And the daily totals are approaching 4 million a day. If you look at just seniors (65+) the percentage is 54%, likely because seniors were given priority early on. The vaccine has been open to all adults only since April. I don't know what "VAST MAJORITY" means in your world, but it looks to me like we'll be at 50% of the entire population by the end of this month and we're past that for seniors. At this rate the VAST MAJORITY will be vaccinated by this Summer.

So when you say "the narrative has failed." you are correct: Yours has already failed abysmally.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

The narrative has failed

What is your reference for the VAST MAJORITY? According to the NPR data (cited above) over 100 million in the US have had at least one shot. And the daily totals are approaching 4 million a day. If you look at just seniors (65+) the percentage is 54%, likely because seniors were given priority early on. The vaccine has been open to all adults only since April. I don't know what "VAST MAJORITY" means in your world, but it looks to me like we'll be at 50% of the entire population by the end of this month and we're past that for seniors. At this rate the VAST MAJORITY will be vaccinated by this Summer.

So when you say "the narrative has failed." you are correct: Yours has already failed abysmally.

The NPR site says nationally it will be June 19th at the current rate before half the population is vaccinated. But each state is different Georgia at this rate it will be October. Regardless we are nowhere near the vast majority of people getting completely vaccinated.

Only 10 states and 2 territories have up to 21% COMPLETELY vaccinated
www.npr.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join