It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Last Thread - Carry On Wayward Sons (and Daughters)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I appreciate all you have done.

I would love to know who the new owner is.

I fear this has become a honeypot...not just for whatever enforcement agency, but also media. The true power here is the odd number of real in depth researchers on this site. It has obviously been monetized outside of this site.

My guess is the T&C will take a major turn where anything written here can be sold without consent of the author to whomever will pay the highest price.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
At this point all I can add is that to me ATS represents the golden age of the internet. Our society is drowning in cancel culture and censorship and ATS denied that ignorance. You and crew created "safe space" for conspiracy theorists and midnight ramblers, corny as that sounds. I was honoured to be part of it and hope the site retains it's integrity and freedom. Thanks to all, owners and moderators!

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Nothing to add but this is an incredible site. No matter what over the past several years, I have learned so much. I have learned about topics I would have otherwise had no intrest. I have learned how people communicate. I have gotten to the point where I know who is responding when I read the replies before I look at who wrote them. This site is an accomplishment you remember that always.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Damned sad to see you and Mark pass on the reigns but very glad to see the site remain... hopefully in good hands?! Will we ever find out who the new owner(s) are?

Crazy to think I've been coming here for almost half my life (over 15 years)...

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I am forever grateful for all that you have done to keep this site going as long as you did. Many of us have found real friends and an extended family here. We have shared laughter and tears and everything in between. Thank you so very much! Now don't be a stranger, stick around and stay with us.

To the new owner, whoever you may be, I am eternally gratefully that you have saved our home.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I'm hoping this isn't really your last thread.

Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

For the last 10 years every single morning with my coffee i log on here, without fail.

Ive told so many stories about topics i read here.
Thanks for the website, i came for the topics i stayed coz of the banter

It wont be the same without you and the the other 2 amigo's.

Dont be a stranger, Slainte

Sláinte means "health" in Irish and Scottish Gaelic. It is commonly used as a drinking toast in Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man.

edit on 27/3/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I don't know where I would be in life without ATS. Definitely nowhere good. Thank you for all the hard work over the years and thank you for the pleasure of being a part of the 2007 launch and meeting you all. I sincerely hope the new owners have the same standards because they have some big shoes to fill. As long as I have Wi-Fi...I'm a lifer.
Cheers to you Bill...with some good Canadian beer.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I came here in Nov. of 2005 as a member, I lurked prior to that for over a year off and on.

I fell in love with the place that you, Simon, and Mark brought to us. Sometimes it seemed like it was tailor made for me specifically, as there were so many topics being discussed that I was interested in...

Back in the day it was an intimate, for lack of a better word, group of folks--we kinda all knew each other, and knew, almost to the word, how they'd respond. As ATS grew, that changed, with so many new folks joining and opining.

I can never, ever thank you, Simon, and Mark for this. Before my Dad passed, his memory had begun to fail him, sometimes badly...sometimes he was this little old man that I hardly knew--and that near to broke my heart on more than one occasion. Well, while I was visiting him, I borrowed my nieces laptop, and logged into ATS, and introduced my Dad to some of the topics. Bigfoot, I learned that he, too, had had several closed encounters over the year, as had Grandpa. UFO's, he'd seen some around Mt. Rainier, in 1947.

Without ATS, I might not have ever known that. ...and for a short time, I had my DAD back. Acerbic, cantankerous, and wholly Dad. For that short time, only a few months before he passed, ATS had stimulated something I thought was forever gone.

Again, I can not ever articulate just what that meant to me. Bill, thank you. Mark, thank you. Simon, thank you. ...and all the rest of you, too.

As with all things, change is inevitable... I look forward to ATS moving on, neither better, nor worse, just different, yet the same.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Thanks you for all you’ve done. What a place to be every day, there’s nothing else like it on the internet. I came for the secret military bases in 2010 and just stayed here. I don’t think there’s been a day since that I haven’t visited and I can’t imagine seeing life in the same way without it. How other people make sense of the world today without a place like this, a (partially) sane sounding board, boggles my mind, so I gotta give thanks to everyone’s contributions.

Physicists, astronauts, chemists, philosophers, theologians, believers, sceptics, dreamers, realists, care workers, emergency responders, detectives, mechanics, electricians, military personnel, veterans, preppers, retirees, rock stars, scientists, rocket builders, aviators, shop clerks, students, bankers, journalists, wrestlers, movie stars, writers, artists, travellers, gurus, sages, witches and wizards, experiencers, explorers, experimenters... and everyone in between.

THAT is one great mixing pot of experience and viewpoints.

Wouldn’t be the same without it.

link   
Thank you, SO, for all you've done, and giving us a truly unique and special place on the internet. ATS is one-of-a-kind, and it's the only place I want to be. I hope we can find a way to bring it back to its once glory, and we all will know that you are the one to make it possible.

Good luck and brightest blessings in all you do, SO.

link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The King is dead. Long live the King.

Boss... I don't have the words to thank for you for the opportunities. The experiences. All of this. So I'll just say thank you with the hope that it at least partially communicates my gratitude.

Your work here has made a difference to a lot of people, myself included.

Best of luck to you Sir.

I’ll second that. May our memories of you remind us of your memories of us. You carried the torch and I hope you’ve passed the warm glowing embers of truth onto a worthy recipient.
edit on 27-3-2021 by Dalamax because: All sentimental and sh!t

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thank you for giving us a place where thinking “different” is not frowned upon.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'll be hear spouting off my own views 'til one of us passes. It's been a pleasure and an honor to be a part of staff here and an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. Thanks for all you have done SO, for sure have left a mark on the web and myriad minds of the masses who come to ATS for a fresh perspective when such things are becoming an increasing rarity. Truth matters, facts matter because we the people matter. I wish you all the best in whatever you pursue SO, I know with your skills it will be something extraordinary.

edit on 27-3-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Don't be a stranger around here from this point.
Salute!

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Wayward Son was my handle on another forum. IMO, the conspiracy theories of late have become cartoonish and lean towards the political too much. That is not what I came here for. Wish you the best!

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You accomplished something so very many of us strive for but never achieve: you made a difference. You changed the world.

Don't ever forget that.

God Bless.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

thank you for providing this place, and persevering through the hard times. I'm sure we seemed like spoiled little children at times, but we are, so there is that. But we have and will always appreciate what you did here. From the heart, thank you.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
my fave site for years

many thanks
see you down the road

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

An end of an era, and a beginning of a new one.

Thank you Skeptic for all you have done.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join