It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dimming the sun': $100m geoengineering research programme proposed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

So your saying that these people just figured out that massive dumps of sulfur dioxide drops into the atmosphere drops the temperature temporarily in local zones?
What part of "global average temperature" do you not understand. It's not local.

Or are you telling me that they need a study to find this out?
They know it will cool the surface, they've known it for quite a while.

They should use all known knowledge on what happens to such local zones when they consonantly get sulfur dioxide dropped on them and the ground and water systems?
Perhaps you should look into the amount of material required. It ain't much and it's in the stratosphere. There's a lot more sulfur dioxide being produced at the surface than will reach the surface if this is ever implemented.

And the temperature heating by 1degree for a year in the local area means little to nothing other then they got a 1dergree warmer summer then usual.
Global average. Not local. There is a very big difference.

Well, I think the 4 degree increase in local temperature will be dwarfed by the famine and local corps dying because of all the sulfur dioxide in the soil.
The stuff produced by factories and stuff doesn't seem to have done it yet, and that actually is local. And that is not in the stratosphere.

Whats your point?
My point is that studying the possible effects (like crop damage, for example) is a good idea.

So ya. Global warming. We totally got to fight it.
As best we can, since we're causing it and it's happening really fast.

edit on 3/26/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

(post by galadofwarthethird removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I mean they have been getting an overdose more then 1 degree drop in places like the whole middle east.
Global warming does not mean that nowhere will ever be cold.

So lets solve this pesky 1degree lower temperature by dumping sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere.

SRM is meant to lower temperatures, not raise them.

Thats almost a half inch of snow and these guys are already starting to make a new tradition out of it.
Gosh. A whole half inch, almost. It doesn't happen very often. Hard to make a tradition out of a rare occurrence. But you are confusing weather with climate and snow with temperature.
edit on 3/26/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Gosh. A whole half inch, almost. It doesn't happen very often. Hard to make a tradition out of a rare occurrence. But you are confusing weather with climate and snow with temperature.

OK then phage. Tell me how you get snow without temperature? And how you get climate without weather?

Is it all by magic? You are aware that one leads into another and vice versa. And no I am not making a tradition out of it. Snow is not a big deal for me. But the people in the video in iraq or wherever they are. Sure seem to think it is. There taking buses in groups, to visit it and take some pictures and sing the equivalent of kumb ba ya in Iraqi.

They are obviously overeating. Somebody should explain to them that the planet is getting warmer and all the steadily increasing snow there getting each and every year. Is just and has been nothing but an increasing yearly upon yearly streak of luck.

I mean at this point what are you even arguing? I kind of want to know? That the planet is getting warmer? Its pretty hard to dispute that the climate is changing. Because its been changing for ever, ever since there was a climate to change on this planet, its been changing.

Or you saying all the cars being driven in the developed world has lead to increased rainfall and snow in places and areas were previously it wasn't so? And so? Because the planet might get hotter, we have to cool it down by dumping sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere?

And even if you wanted to. Just how much sulfur dioxide would we have to pump into the atmosphere to have an effect worldwide. Either Yellowstone erupts, or were doing the equivalent of work in pumping it into the atmosphere over a period of years or generations.

For it to have an about the same effect on a global scale. But then again, with all these people not flying do to covid. Maybe they can transform the passenger flights planes to do all the dumping. And even with all the planes in the world doing dumps day in and day out.

It would still be a long time before you see a effect that isn't really just a local effect. So this dumping sulfur into the atmosphere is silly. It would literally cost in the hundreds of billions just in the jet fuel costs and sulfur costs. Which just means there just probably using the 200 million they got for tests.

Probably to buy a new jetski. But on a local level, yes you can drop the temperature by a few degrees by dumping sulfur dioxide over populated areas. After all if you dump it over unpopulated areas?

Well then nobody would know about it or notice the cool 1 degree less breezy sulfurish weather.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think it's a wonderful idea. I wouldn't need sunglasses anymore. It'd be really cool if they added a little Xanax, maybe a dash of weed killer, I suggest round up, and top it off with a healthy dose of Various vaccines... That'd be great

edit on th0327kAmerica/Chicagoth by SmikeS because: Phone posting is difficult, and I'm still a little tipsy from last night..

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SmikeS

I heard the CCP are working on a new fentanyl spraying drone.

It won't help the environment but no-one will be worried about that once the buzz kicks in........or you die.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Have you seen "the animatrix" ? 

Where do you think my avatar came from?

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No one's arguing that reflective materials would reflect synrays, we are arguing that it is not a practical solution to the perceived problem. Not to mention this atmospheric debris eventually contaminates the land and organisms below.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So exactly what chemicals have they been spraying? I'm sure there are actual tests done after taking samples from the air, and not collected in someone's back yard, to prove they're spraying right? Something? Anything? Beyond "chemtrails linger and contrails don't" or "I can tell the difference"?

You schooled me on Chemtrails about ten years ago.

Sadly, I'm just an ignorant fool that says what I see.

No disrespect to you. I know you are an expert in all things aviation.

I'm sure we can agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A bit of light music on the topic.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

First the experiment is releasing calcium carbonate in to the upper atmosphere this is a fertilizer so im sure crops wont mind. The point he was making about volcanoes is simple we have had major eruptions and they have dropped global tempratures for up to a year after the eruption. No one is dumping sulfer or talking about dumping sulfer. Next time do some research before going off on a rant. The study is trying to determine if we have something in the atmosphere at 20 miles out how much does it effect sunlight and is that the only factor as to why tempratures drop during eruptions.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am more concerned about the actual reaction to the application of these chemicals.

Spread a little, temp goes down almost impreceptably.

Spread a bunch more, it drops a degree.

Spread some more to get it a little lower, suddenly the "climate temprature" drops 30 degrees.

Then what?

"We are so sorry that we messed up. We can only grow enough food for 100,000 people now. Please check our website to see if you won a spot in the survivors selection. If you didn't win. Please register your prefered method of elimination. We will contact you about the nearest location for that method.
Thank You."

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yay! stop the sun light.
and watch all plants Die!

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I never believe in chemtrails is not feasible, anyway, we humans will under the clima change hoax will be the ones to kill our own species.

Nobody no machine can dim the sun, is just no possible, the sun is no just a moon that gives heat is a star a powerful weapon that can destroy the entire galaxy.

Soo is all crap. I am putting my opinion on lame words.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Bingo!!!! better put than that I can never dream of thinking about,

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
See the only people that matter are the rich. They don't care to ask anyone else if they think it's a good idea. If we aren't scientists, politicians, celebrities, or uber rich then our opinions are worthless. They are going to do what they want, because they can. They don't care about us. We are not important to them.

I don't understand why people worship these figures and go against each other instead of banding together and going against them instead.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Agreeing to disagree is fine and good, but that doesn't change the fact that there's not a solid shred of evidence that chemtrails do exist.
edit on 3/26/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/26/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Agreeing to disagree is fine and good, but that doesn't change the fact that there's not a solid shred of evidence that chemtrails don't exist and never have.

Double negative.

So you don't rule it out.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It's a very odd phenomenon.
Worshipping the worst people in the world because......? They're rich.
Yet most of those who worship them also seem to have something against other rich people......because they're rich.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Typo. There's no evidence they DO exist. There may have been small scale geoengineering experiments, but there's zero solid evidence that chemtrails are anything but an internet myth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join