It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dimming the sun': $100m geoengineering research programme proposed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thread title from the headline.

Image from the news article.

Chemtrails from years ago that they are saying we need to start doing...

The US should establish a multimillion-dollar research programme on solar geoengineering, according to the country’s national science academy.

So after years of chemtrailing, the climate squad are saying that they want to "Start" Chemtrailing.

Nuts.

In a report it recommends funding of $100m (£73m) to $200m over five years to better understand the feasibility of interventions to dim the sun, the risk of harmful unintended consequences and how such technology could be governed in an ethical way.

The data has already been collected and not a single "ethic" was given throughout the entire Decade that they chembombed the atmosphere.

The report considers three types of solar geoengineering to allow more heat to escape the Earth’s atmosphere: injecting tiny reflective particles into the stratosphere to block sunlight; using the particles to make low-lying clouds over the oceans more reflective; and thinning high-altitude cirrus clouds. Major volcanic eruptions are already known to cool the climate by pumping particles high into the atmosphere.

Lunatics...

Link here

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

From last December...

Bill Gates-backed plan to dim the sun quietly moves forward

According to Reuters, a Harvard University project plans to test out a controversial theory that global warming can be stopped by spraying particles into the atmosphere that would reflect the sun's rays.

The project represents one of the most controversial aspects of what's known as "geoengineering" -- the idea that, to tackle issues like climate change, massive aspects of our ecosystem can be played with or changed. In this case, it would involve reflecting some of the sun's rays to stop them from reaching Earth.

Like the madmen of the nuclear 50's & 60s.

Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment (SCoPEx) (2017)

The Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment (SCoPEx) is a planned experiment in a form of geoengineering known as Solar Radiation Management (SRM). SRM techniques aim to block or reflect sunlight before it reaches the earth’s atmosphere, which would hypothetically slow down global temperature rise. SCoPEx aims to develop a form of SRM known as Stratospheric Aerosol Injection.

The SCoPEx project would spray water, finely-ground chalk and sulfur particles into the upper atmosphere from a high-altitude balloon and measure how effectively the resulting clouds block sunlight, while also tracking any effects on the air in the upper atmosphere.

Possible impacts:

The environmental effects of SCoPEx are mostly unknown. The project’s web site claims that the amounts released by the project will be “very small compared to other routine releases of material into the stratosphere by aircraft, rockets, or routine balloon flights.”

However, the political effects of the project are easier to predict.

SCoPEx, Harvard University - New Frontiers in Climate Change Research

No surprise some of those Geo-engineering conspiracies (Chem trails) over the years are true.🙄
And the recipe calls for a dash of Covid-19 in our SCoPEx geostratospheric engineering dump.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Leave it alone, the climate is doing just fine.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Nice addition, thank you.

Your username says it all.

End the madness now.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Can we first test the efficacy of the plan by dropping Bill Gates from a high altitude balloon?

During his fall, we measure how much sunlight he blocked.
Should be a simple calculation from that result to work out how many more climate extremists we have to drop to secure our future safety.

Also saves money on expensive chemicals and water to spray.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Have you seen "the animatrix" ?
Its animated short films based in the matrix universe-In one of them,the narrator explains how "we blocked out the sun to correct the climate"which then leads to AI takeover and humanity as batteries.

Kinda feels prophetic..

I was listening to BBC world service the other day and they were talking about Bills plan,and one of the "experts" interviewed claimed it would mean the end to blue skies-the sky would be turned permenently gray.. I mentioned in another thread how depressing it would be to live in that future,and have to explain to kids that we used to have blue skies until the planet was saved by Bill Gates and his miraculous chalk dust geo engineering.

Does the man think he is a God?
Who else would try to take away our blue skies,and with a smirk on his face..

Anyway,to their credit,these "experts" did mention(if only briefly)that there could be unforseen catastropic circumstances if such a project went ahead-crops may die(but no we can GMO the # outta them so they can tolerate low lght),insects/birds may be affected badly.

Bill suffers from the same condition many super rich suffer from-they only see answers to the world problems through the narrow lens of their particular speciality-In Bills case the lens is technology.

The problem iwith that is its lke asking a heroin addict how would they make themselves feel better-MORE heroin of course..
What I mean by that is that it is technology which is reponsible for some of our biggest problems IMO.
And ever more technology is not neccessarily going to solve the problems.

In fact I would go as far as predicting that our insane over reliance on ever evolving technology will lead to the event known as "the great filter."
Technology will end our species.
Remember the dinosaurs survived 100s of millions of years-We are still in kindergarden and already we are looking down the barrel of what will soon snuff us out.
Over consumption,pollution,the extinction of our bio diversity,and resourse depletion of this planet by the humans can ONLY end one way for our species IMO.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Dimming the sun will only cause less growth of plants. They're deliberately going to cause a major food shortage. What do I know..😕

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So exactly what chemicals have they been spraying? I'm sure there are actual tests done after taking samples from the air, and not collected in someone's back yard, to prove they're spraying right? Something? Anything? Beyond "chemtrails linger and contrails don't" or "I can tell the difference"?

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
They are about to test a small amount 2kg I think of calcium carbonate/chalk dust.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Oh yeah,forgot to mention on the radio program I listened to a couple of other concerns were that once we started the operation,we could not stop it or it would lead to a sudden catastrophic rise in global temperature as the dust settles.

And the other concern was that the mega polluters would just continue to pollute/release ever more co2 if the planet was being artificially cooled.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

IF you want to dim the sunlight you put satellites in high orbit with large thin space blanket like solar shields that will then be unfurled to block the light and heat before it gets into the atmosphere, only a moron pollutes the atmosphere as a solution when in fact it is causing a serious problem, the sun fluctuates and creating a serious long term problem in the atmosphere could reduce light to such an extent that it will be the same as a nuclear winter, food crop's and plant's will die and the planet will undergo an ELE because some moron paid some other moron to come up with that as a solution when there is already a known one they can use, because I bet Penny Pinching.

Idiot's.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Exactly, it amazes me how all of these people/experts think that we people have that much of an impact on climate. I firmly believe it is changed mostly by the sun and space activities that we have absolutely no control of.

The other thing I think we will find out is the worlds bad actors have been able to modify climate in certain areas and have deliberately started climate crisis such as wildfires etc to help set their agenda.

As humans we need to do the best we can as stewards of the planet for pollution control, litter removal, and harsh chemicals just for a better quality of life but we will be long gone before the earth is in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Man is changing the climate! So in order to stop man made climate change man is going to change the climate, by using man made climate change. To change the climate.....

edit on 25-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

link   

It's curios that if they have been doing this for years that they would wan to try it now. One would think they knew if it worked by now, and why bother telling anyone at this point?

this is how you get skynet, we don't want skynet.

link   
This is the dumbest proposal I have ever heard. And yeah, they've been doing this for quite some time now. It is also called albedo modification.
edit on 25-3-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Precisely. While they have us all fighting among ourselves they take out the food chain and put us into the next ice age. Georgia guide stones stuff. is any force left to oppose them. a reply to: Bigburgh

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

That's what they're about to test. The claim was made in the OP that they've been spraying for years, but there isn't a shred of credible evidence that they have been.

For the record, this is a stupid idea. I don't care what the computer models say, this is just a really dumb thing to try.
edit on 3/25/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The last time I saw something this stupid James Bond had to go to the evil villains secret hide out by mini-sub and kill hundreds of bad guys with a secret spy gun.

Then sleep with some foxy chick while drinking martinis.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sounds like a good idea. Th sun needs to be shown whos boss. I think though that with 200million in funding to find out the feasibility and pros and cons of blocking the sun out.

I mean, for that kind of cash thrown out to just pay people to do some random research to find out if blocking out the sun would be a good or a bad thing? But you know there going to spend all that 200Million just googling things up and eating popcorn from the popcorn machine they got in there office.

So ya sounds like a good idea, and money well spent. And next they should petition the government for a 300 million in funding to find out if water is wet, or if its dry....I think over a period of 4 years and about 700 million dollars later? They will a the least have undeniable proof that water is wet, at the least.

Oh ya. Totally, they should start pumping sulfur dioxide into the skys, and preferably over city's and towns. To dim the sun, we will advert global warming. A 1 degree heating globally over a period of 500 years? Unacceptable. I needs to be done much faster.

Its a brilliant idea, sulfur dioxide in the local atmosphere, its good for you and for plants. I think they should hire the team of writers behind the Simpsons shows to do all the research into it. I really really want to see what kind of plans they come up with.

Dimming the sun is the best idea since sliced breed. I think they need hundreds of billions in funding instead of millions. Its just that great of an idea.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Stratospheric SRM affects the stratosphere, way, way up there (just one reason the notion that contrails are "chemtrails" is absurd) not "the local atmosphere" over cities and towns. It would mimic the effect of large volcanic eruptions such as Pinatubo in 1991. Pinatubo did not cause famine, it did not end agriculture, but it did lower the average global temperature by about 1º for about a year. It also created some spectacular sunsets but I don't recall any particular dimming.

An advantage of SRM is that the material does not magically stay in the stratosphere forever. When the dispersal stops the effects dissipate. The purpose of this sort of testing is not to determine if it would work, there is no question that it would. The questions involve studying the extent of the effects and looking into unforeseen consequences.

I don't think it's a great idea to undertake full scale SRM and I don't think it's necessary. Yet. But it may end up being a last resort measure toward the end of this century. I think it better we learn more about it while we have time do so than waiting until it's the only option.

Outdoor experiments should only be allowed if they provide critical knowledge that cannot be obtained by other means, said the report, and the research programme "should not be designed to advance future deployment of these interventions."

edit on 3/25/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Whats your point? Volcanoes have been erupting for along time. And local crops have been dying for equally as long in the eruption zone for equally as long.

So your saying that these people just figured out that massive dumps of sulfur dioxide drops into the atmosphere drops the temperature temporarily in local zones?

Or are you telling me that they need a study to find this out?

How about this? They should use all known knowledge on what happens to such local zones when they consonantly get sulfur dioxide dropped on them and the ground and water systems? If in all of history both ancient and new worldwide or local.

Of an instance on any groups or town or village. Were living next to or not far from an exploding volcano? Was a good thing, and they had a great day that day?

As you said. These events and even massive volcanoes exploding do not last that long. And the temperature heating by 1degree for a year in the local area means little to nothing other then they got a 1dergree warmer summer then usual.

Now constantly pump sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere over cities and towns. And do it for years on end? Well, I think the 4 degree increase in local temperature will be dwarfed by the famine and local corps dying because of all the sulfur dioxide in the soil.

So ya. Global warming. We totally got to fight it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join