It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Vote Matthew McConaughey for Governor in Texas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Some of you (probably not most of you) might have come across actor/writer/celebrity Matthew Mcconaughey's recent YouTube fundraising concert/variety stream.

He and all of the participants were able to raise over eight million dollars for relief in Texas following their recent winter storm damage.

I think that's amazing, good on them.

It's also lead to A LOT of speculation that McConaughey is going to make a bid at some point for Governor of Texas.

It seems like he's also trying to distance himself from his Hollywood "rugged good looking guy" day to day image. Recent appearances have him sporting a more... "smart" look.

How would the U.S. citizens here feel about having Mcconaughey as a "centrist" Governor? I can see the headlines now.

"McConaughey fails to secure far-right vote. Be a lot cooler if he did."

"McConaugheys early performance as Governor is just allright allright allright."

"Governors brother "Rooster McConaughey" arrested on drug and alcohol smuggling charges."

I think celebrities as government officials is almost always a horrible idea, but I'm also not American and pretty anti-politician in general. You really never know though!

So, if the US doesn't go down in a blaze AR-15 fire, would you vote McConaughey for Governor given the chance?

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Texas is a very large state, is he the best Texas can do? What about a business man? Not in the oil business! I don’t live in Texas.
edit on 24-3-2021 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nope.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No. From what I've seen he's only listening to one side. He likes to go in black communities and hug them, give them freebies but much of that is what is driving problems in TX. The homelessness is getting worse due to the pandering and freebies to by and large drug addicts. It's enabling them to do more drugs not less and attracts more drug users. The border is not letting in loving families either. Mainly cartel sponsored drug and human smuggling. The border must be closed and watched like a hawk. Applying for asylum does not mean they get into the US. Many countries take in asylum seekers including MEXICO. They could stay right there. Mexico is suppose to be a safe haven along with many other countries alright alright alright...meh.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Is he gonna smoke dope and play the bongos naked in the Governors Mansion?
People of Texas, COME ON MAN!

link   

I think Texas deserves a four year Lincoln commercial.

link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I'm guessing there are probably lots of ideas about what's best for Texas.

And I suppose he likely is a business man, just the business is him.

What party would run for is puzzling.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Free 3D Doritos for every voter.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
He's a mask nazi, he can GFHS

Austin tends to make people moist.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Free 3D Doritos for every voter.

That commercial was the puppy/monkey/baby of 2021.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Is he gonna smoke dope and play the bongos naked in the Governors Mansion?
People of Texas, COME ON MAN!

Is he going to live in his tour van and constantly travel through the state trying all strains of cannabis Texas has to offer? Probably.

link   

He has leftist leaning ideology so it wouldnt be much of a surprise.

link   

Alt right. .

. . . Alt right. . . .

. . . . . .Alt right. . . .

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

huehuehe

post on twitter and you get an insta ban

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Im a fan of Stoicism, hoping for Marcus Aurelius's grand return

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct The man plays “make believe” for a living. Pretending to be someone or something doesn’t equate to possessing the knowledge or skills required for office.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You may catch up on some recent interviews, he may be classically a 90s Liberal, which is considered Right wing these days.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
As a born and raised Texan entrepreneurial businessman. I need to see his economic platform.

link   
NO, LIBERAL

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Do you think he REALLY is though?

He doesn't seem to really be on either side of anything. So maybe he fronts as a "mask nazi" for Hollywood, but if he had the power he'd say, do what you think is best, but use one himself?

He comes across as very "unpolitician" a really pagan philosophy about life, even though he's definitely a man of "God", in a Christian sense.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join