It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Vote Matthew McConaughey for Governor in Texas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As a born and raised Texan entrepreneurial businessman. I need to see his economic platform.

Would you vote for him if that meant the Texas rush in terms of entertainment business opportunities got even bigger? I'm sure he'd be a huge advocate for that business realm at least.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Lysergic

You may catch up on some recent interviews, he may be classically a 90s Liberal, which is considered Right wing these days.

Yeah, he's definitely more of a "you do your thing, I do mine" liberal, which doesn't really equate to policy making in the US, or globally lately.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StreetGlide
a reply to: Atsbhct The man plays “make believe” for a living. Pretending to be someone or something doesn’t equate to possessing the knowledge or skills required for office.

There is an article I read years ago. The first thing he bought when he made it big was an ice machine that makes the Sonic style small ice chips. It costs thousands of dollars.

I do pretty well, not his kind of coin but even I wouldn't buy that stupid machine. Now, does this sound like someone who really cares about people or has a clue about anything going on in the world? I assure you he does not. All he is doing is self promoting and bringing in other celebs to self promote. Nothing more. He's also not listening to all people. Just needy and the lazy. I have not heard him once address conservative concerns in TX.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Absolutely not.

I couldn't even make it twenty minutes into his interview with Joe Rogan, no way I find him compelling enough to run my home state.

He dances around political issues, so it's a bit hard to really see what his policy ideas are... But even if they sound good, he comes off as a shallow man who thinks he's incredibly profound.

The man is a great actor, so I say he sticks to what he's good at.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh the defenders already eh,

thats cool you vote for him, i will not.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Absolutely not.

I couldn't even make it twenty minutes into his interview with Joe Rogan, no way I find him compelling enough to run my home state.

He dances around political issues, so it's a bit hard to really see what his policy ideas are... But even if they sound good, he comes off as a shallow man who thinks he's incredibly profound.

The man is a great actor, so I say he sticks to what he's good at.

exactly

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I kind of agree. He's really good at putting together vague quotes that seem inspirational. I have nothing against him, he doesn't come across as a bad guy, but I don't think centrism would fly today if that was his political brand.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I see some of you got crushes, it's cool, it's typical human behavior.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: olaru12
As a born and raised Texan entrepreneurial businessman. I need to see his economic platform.

Would you vote for him if that meant the Texas rush in terms of entertainment business opportunities got even bigger? I'm sure he'd be a huge advocate for that business realm at least.

Even as I, a proud SAG/AFTRA member, filmmaker, I'm more interested in his attitude towards the oil business and agriculture, that directly affects my property. Texas already has a large film presence.

gov.texas.gov...

edit on 24-3-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Who are you replying to? Lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

All the McConaughey fappers.

It'll get more interesting when Lysergic replies to Lysergic.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

All the McConaughey fappers.

I didn't know Woody Harrelson was a member.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Texas is going to need someone who can rise to the occasion as they're about to see quite a few new issues.

They're at a make or break crossroads. There's a lot of different factors, but the main ones are the two parties targeting Texas as a battleground state, the new influx of people leaving bigger cities and different tax structured states, along with the new conversation about the energy mix of the country.

Now, I wouldn't say I'm pessimistic about the direction as it stands now... But my tune would probably change a bit if they elect some ass clown actor to take the reigns at such a pivotal moment.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: StreetGlide
a reply to: Atsbhct The man plays “make believe” for a living. Pretending to be someone or something doesn’t equate to possessing the knowledge or skills required for office.

yeah but it makes for a perfect politician. Makes me think most people will vote for him. They are mesmerized by anything on TV

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I also think a lot of people would vote for him based on his celebrity status.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Putting a Hollywood actor in the Governors office is a bad idea. Just ask anyone from California.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Alright Alright Alright

No, I would not

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Putting a Hollywood actor in the Governors office is a bad idea. Just ask anyone from California.

Lol, careful there... Some people are very fond of a former actor turned Governor-->President.

😂

Joking aside, I know who you're talking about and am guessing you're looking in closer pasts.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Why? They helped make one President, twice.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If the guy from celebrity apprentice can be POTUS, Matthew can definitely become governor.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join