It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sturgeon 'misled parliament' over role in Salmond investigation, committee finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh dear , seems the hole Nicola Sturgeon has dug for herself just got deeper.

A Scottish parliamentary committee has concluded that First Minister Nicola Sturgeon misled parliament.

Sky News understands that Holyrood's harassment committee has reached the conclusion by a majority vote ahead of the publication of its final report.

Members have decided that Ms Sturgeon misled the committee itself and, as such, misled parliament and potentially breached the ministerial code of conduct.

A Scottish parliamentary committee has concluded that First Minister Nicola Sturgeon misled parliament.

Sky News understands that Holyrood's harassment committee has reached the conclusion by a majority vote ahead of the publication of its final report.

Members have decided that Ms Sturgeon misled the committee itself and, as such, misled parliament and potentially breached the ministerial code of conduct.
news.sky.com...

I don't expect she'll resign but if she were a battle ship I think the term would be holed below the waterline , a bad result in the upcoming Scottish Parliament elections on the 6th May could signal the end , a Sturgeon brought down by a Salmond.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Fandabidozi

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It sounds like some sort of piscatorial comedy sketch.

edit on 18/3/2021 by chr0naut because: Something here seems fishy - to the tuna sweeping all that stuff under the carp-et.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Indeed.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Couldn’t of happened to a nicer woman. She just oozes venom. Shame.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This comment inspired me to look up the origin of the surnames.
It appears that "Sturgeon" really does derive from the fish (via the occupation of fishmongering), but "Salmond" is ultimately derived from "Solomon".

edit on 18-3-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why I say, the whole world knows the committee is absolutely nothing but a political hit squad. Pretty sure she will get along swimmingly no matter what the press thinks.

www.bbc.com...

Ms. Sturgeon's team is already trying to dismiss the findings as a partisan attack, a predictable political play from a committee of MSPs, designed to damage the first minister, whose popularity they envy, who has been almost untouchable for so long.

Their inquiry is part of the machinations of a long-running dispute between one of the most successful political duos this country has seen for decades, as the first minister and her predecessor, and very much former friend, have come to blows. Remind yourself what the very sorry saga is all about here.

What we know from inside that committee room is that the MSPs have voted by a margin of one vote, 5-4, that Nicola Sturgeon misled them.

If she's found to have done that, convention suggests she would have to resign.

It is clear that Nicola Sturgeon has no intention of giving into opposition demands out there to get her to quit on the basis of the MSPs' conclusions.

Of course this is intensely political, it's not just about who said what, when and where.

Before we see the final report, which may not come for a while, it's hard to know what caveats they have applied, precisely what the circumstances are that they describe. The details will matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Something incredibly fishy happening here......

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Underlines the reality of Scotland being too small to rule itself.

5-4 is probably the right result, and Sturgeon should go. But she hasn't.

She has lost credibility, and leaves her eventual successor with a tainted office: one that is allowed to be openly dictatorial when the wind is against them personally.

The Scottish people, who are typically pretty savvy, have elected this dysfunctional mob to office presumably because the gene pool of available politicians is shallow.

Too shallow to run a county, and turning Scotland into a 'Bagpipe Republic'.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I thought that too.

Sturgeon vs Salmon.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I thought that too.

Sturgeon vs Salmon.

They've had their chips!

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Something sounds fishy about this person and the investigation. My great great grandfather was a Salmon and My great great grandmother was a Baas...so I can see when something is fishy.
edit on 18-3-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I thought that too.

Sturgeon vs Salmon.

They've had their chips!

I can't respond to that right now. I've got a haddock. Where's my aspirin?

TCB

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I'll take the bait.

From small-fry to fraud on a large scale. Politicians always angling for the win

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Both slippery customers they are.

top topics

join