It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lumber and construction prices skyrocking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Check in back of your local Lowe's or Home Depot. My neighborhood Home Depot seems to be stockpiling lumber like crazy. Stacks and Stacks of it. My girlfriend pointed it out since she uses a road behind the building a lot.

Question is, what do they know?

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There's a good video here about lumber and false scarcity.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CAPT PROTON

I was at my local Menards (Minnesota) several times the last couple weekends getting landscaping materials in the lumber yard. They had lots of lumber, shingles, etc and there were a couple trucks unloading at various times.

When I worked in downtown Minneapolis last year there was a shortage of plywood at home depot before the riots, that was the last time I saw anything low. Lots of building taking place around here to. Besides the cost being high I can’t confirm supply is low, can any builders in the area confirm they can’t get materials?

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Lumber shortage.
Gasoline shortage.
Chicken shortage.
KETCHUP shortage.

Are we becoming a huge Venezuela?

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

finance.yahoo.com...

Half of Lumber Dealers Now Sit on Excess Inventory in the U.S.
(Bloomberg) -- Almost half of U.S. lumber dealers and manufacturers reported excess inventories last month, a sharp turnround from a few months ago, when supplies ran so low they sparked price surges.

It's all a sick game isn't it? Did it ever run low as they claim?

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

skyrocking

I could spend a week correcting these really weird results of mental laziness, I can't understand how SO many titles have words that are completely butchered. Why?

What the heck is 'skyrocking'??

Don't you mean "sky-rocketing"?

Please, please, please THINK what you are writing.. a typo is normal (though NOT in a title!), but at least spend five seconds re-reading your title before continuing. It would save me a lot of grief and you a lot of embarrassment.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Please, please, please THINK what you are writing.. a typo is normal (though NOT in a title!),

You are right, and I did make a funny typo.

I'm not one to make excuses so, ok, My bad I made a typo, too late to change it.

Hate to say it, but i'll make more typos. Sometimes it's autocorrect, sometimes it's me typing too fast,
sadly, sometimes it's my brain tumor making my vision blurry.

It would save me a lot of grief and you a lot of embarrassment.

Don't read my posts if it causes you grief, and no I am not embarassed for being human.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Dude, chill out. Not everyone has Microsoft 365 Word and sits in front of a computer. Some of us are forced to type with thumbs.

BTW lumber is still overpriced here.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Dude, chill out. Not everyone has Microsoft 365 Word and sits in front of a computer. Some of us are forced to type with thumbs.

BTW lumber is still overpriced here.

Lumber is sllllllllllightly down here, but they are trying to keep it inflated.
Looked at Trex decking, the color I wanted was $111 a board....a single board.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

spellin nazis are frowned upon here.

edit on 8-9-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.pewtrusts.org...

Inflation and the Chinese have exaccerbated the problem, but this is where the demand is. People are moving to the rural areas near cities and they are doing so very quickly. The reasons are many but I suspect it has to do with safety and survivability and the fact that COVID has greatly accelerated remote work whch has given people the option to work where they live.

I see it as a positive move, if for no other reason than the fact that it gives parents greater school choice and more control of what ever propaganda protocols are in place in their local schools. In Texas, homeschooling has shot up 400% and as the Public systems stumble through the remainder of the pandemic with intermittant closures, I expect a similar increase for next years school season. Bad time to be a teacher,, good time to be a tutor.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yep, it is the Fascist way to go.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Actually had to buy a 6ft 1 x6 last saturday. While our local lumber place is generally a bit higher than everyone else, it was 19.79.

Ugg.

LOL just noticed looking at the reciept, he did not charge me for the 4 little hardware pieces I needed. They were supposed to be .89 each, so bonus.
edit on 8-9-2021 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Actually had to buy a 6ft 1 x6 last saturday. While our local lumber place is generally a bit higher than everyone else, it was 19.79.

Ugg.

LOL just noticed looking at the reciept, he did not charge me for the 4 little hardware pieces I needed. They were supposed to be .89 each, so bonus.

You talking about this? I'm not sure what's going on with the prices, it's only $6, but it wasn't that cheap back in July when we looked. What the hell could possibly account for you having to pay over triple just a bit further inland from me??

Edit: For context, a bird kamikaze'd itself through one of our garage windows in July. Since it wasn't a handy window for lighting purposes (too much shade bush coverage) we suggested sealing it up (cheaper than a damn window these days by A LOT)
We tarped it up for a few days while the LL & us kept eyes peeled for a decent price on the 6ft boards. The cheapest we found was $30, cheapest he found was $45. A $15 difference and there wasn't even 10 miles between those places.

edit on 9/8/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Nyiah

Lmfao, it's funny because it's true!

But if you're going cheapo, examine EVERYTHING in the stacks until you find a good piece. They're mixed in there, you just have to mutter very unkind things under your breath looking for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The consumption of construction and finishing materials mainly depends on the state of the housing construction industry, as well as on the purchasing power of the population. At the beginning of the crisis caused by the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the demand for repair goods increased significantly due to the increase in exchange rates and the announcement of non-working days in April. But we decided to repair the house during this period. Lol, yes, we are very smart people. We have been looking for scaffolding for painting the facade of the house for a long time and found a very cool option Pete Suen and I advise you to turn to them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join