It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baroness Jenny Jones calls for 6pm curfew on all men in England after the murder of Sarah Everard

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace
A curiously old-fashioned version of feminism, because she assumes only two genders. Her plan would hit the barrier of several groups complaining "How should WE be dangerous to women?"

P.S. Baroness Jomes is 71

edit on 12-3-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Why do we amplify these idiots?

That's a great question.

People like this crave attention, whether positive or negative, the worst thing you can do to them is ignore/not acknowledge them at all. They'll eventually go away.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just for information....

David Icke was once the spokesperson for the Green Party.

They were obviously a bit too nuts for him so he left.

Like Icke.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
A curiously old-fashioned version of feminism, because she assumes only two genders. Her plan would hit the barrier of several groups complaining "How should WE be dangerous to women?"

P.S. Baroness Jomes is 71

Trans males and non binaries could apply for a permit.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

He was also a former footballer and sports broadcaster.

A bit nuts for a few walks in life or so it seems.

Takes all sorts to make the world spin all the same, even that boy David.

edit on 12-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You know I'm not shy.

Every point of contention you had with OP in regards to your claims of it lacking information seems a little off. Due to the fact that it does mention everything you said it lacked.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Mark Drakeford of Wales is considering it!

Criiiinge again!

Will we ever get any sense from our openly communist earless Yoda impersonater?
I highly doubt it.
This is the guy who wants Wales to be "independent of the UK"-sounds good? well..no,because he wants an independent Wales who rejoin the EU-so not independent at all then.

He resides in commie cloud cuckoo land.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This tweet really takes the cake:

It's very ironic how they constantly claim there's no such thing as binary genders, but they are so dead set on this "men vs women" trope. It's just such a childish way of looking at the world. Anyone can get scared walking around late at night in a sketchy area, and I get how it may be worse for women because men are usually stronger, but that's also another outdated myth, we modern intelligent folks know there is no biological difference between men and women.

The other thing that irks me is how leftists always appeal to this vision of a perfect utopia where no crimes are ever committed and use that to condemn entire groups of people based on isolated events. How does it make sense to generalize all males based on the behavior of a few, it's the exact type of discrimination they rage against, but when it's packaged into a virtue signaling tweet they think it's perfectly fine.
edit on 12/3/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I know. I remember watching Wogan that fateful night!

But, so far, he hasn't joined the police and murdered anyone so I still like him.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

So you agree with the silly old bint?

Nope. But I sure as hell know why she made the comment, what came before, what came after, and that she is technically correct... women would be MUCH safer if men were subjected to a curfew.

I also sure as hell know that while the OP provided none of the background or context to that statement, that context has everything to do with why the statement was made, and the unacceptable and unconscionable issue that prompted her to make it.

Let’s take the thinking further and just say women would be safer without MEN full stop...

Okay, let's... it's true. And we both know it. Because in removing ALL men from women's lives, they would not be harmed by the FEW men who harm women. But then we have to take that even further to the real question, which is if this the best option to protect all women from the few men that harm women. I would say no. But I also say that we do need to do more to protect women from predatory violent men.

Seriously what is the world coming too?

Good question... what is the world coming to when the brutal kidnapping, possible rape, and MURDER of a young woman is completely brushed aside in a discussion/effort to protect other/all women from that same fate?

When do we realize that it's BECAUSE we give so little value to the lives of women killed and brutalized at the hands of men that we even have this problem. Too many are too quick to defend and protect all men and refuse to address the men that don't deserve protection.

"Were there signs in my friend's behaviour towards women that I ignored? Yes. And then he raped my friend. That's on me until the day I die."

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Seems like just the type to ace there psychological screening procedures as well.

First day on the job he's apt to arrest all the 5G masts and have the Queen remanded for lizardisum.

He's as mad as a bag of spanners, but his books were a good read back in the day.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

You know I'm not shy.

Every point of contention you had with OP in regards to your claims of it lacking information seems a little off. Due to the fact that it does mention everything you said it lacked.

Actually, no, it does not. It does not mention the fact that women have been told by their police department not to go out after dark because it's not safe. It does not mention that there have been insinuations that if a woman does so, that she is "asking for it." This same police department has a very poor track record of investigating rapes and crimes against women, while hyper-policing any perceived "hate" crimes by "TERFs" and "transphobes." Only yesterday a police officer (I believe from that very police department) was arrested for the crime. This police officer has been known to behave badly in the past, including sexual offenses.

There were warning signs. As there almost always are. But they were ignored and minimized and brushed aside.

The crime statistics are very clear. Men are the problem. Most men do not commit violent sexual crimes, but most violent sexual crimes are committed by men.

And at a time when so many damn men are demanding women let men into their safe spaces, it is exceptionally disturbing how women's safety is so quickly and easily expendable.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I'm a 2 minute walk from the Senedd and County Hall.

Wonder if I should abuse the poster printer in the Office, blow up some of our comments into huge banners and stick them outside

Failing that I'll use my vote to oust the fool.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Maybe if women were banned from the streets after 6 pm, they would be even safer.... if their safety is what this is really about.
Think about it. They couldn't be injured or killed in a traffic accident if they are at home. Can't get hit by a bus in their living room.
If the statistics would confirm that this increases their safety after a test run of the curfew, maybe it could be stretched to 24 hours a day and make them really safe!

Please know that I have a point, but my idea is tongue-in-cheek.
edit on b000000312021-03-12T08:35:45-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 12 Mar 2021 08:35:45 -0600800000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Okay, let's... it's true. And we both know it. Because in removing ALL men from women's lives, they would not be harmed by the FEW men who harm women.

That’s some logic there...at least you wouldn’t be in favour of implementing it.

It’s like banning al cars because some people drive like lunatics or such.. can’t you see the social engineering going on these past 10years being pushed by social media?

What would be better would be if women didn’t live in fear of ALL men because a tiny percentage are psychopaths.

When do we realize that it's BECAUSE we give so little value to the lives of women killed and brutalized at the hands of men that we even have this problem. Too many are too quick to defend and protect all men and refuse to address the men that don't deserve protection.

What are you even talking about here? Who gives little value to the lives of these women? Do you know what real men would do if they got their hands on these monsters? The same goes for pedophiles that our ‘system’ is trying to normalise ffs!

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Maybe if women were banned from the streets after 6 pm, they would be even safer.... if their safety is what this is really about.
Think about it. They couldn't be injured or killed in a traffic accident if they are at home. Can't get hit by a bus in their living room.
If the statistics would confirm that this increases their safety after a test run of the curfew, maybe it could be stretched to 24 hours a day and make them really safe!

The Baroness' call for a curfew for men is a direct reaction to the advice by the met police that women should stay at home and be safe.

Just to add some context here.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I'd have more sympathy if she suggested that the police should have a curfew. She seems to have overlooked that particular group in her eagerness to attack another group.

She should be experienced enough to know that plenty of people have got into hot water for the "wrong" kind of humour. Even in the House of Lords.
It also appears to be a sign that this cancel culture is no longer a one way street.

All that aside, if this cop is indeed the guilty party, I hope he gets the maximum possible punishment.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Where was this clown and the rest of cringe virtue signalers when thousands of girls were being raped by the grooming gangs?
There was nothing but silence from the left when they tried to cover up the findings of that report.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'd love to see this happen for a week. The only way to convince people that their idea is stupid, is to show them. ALL the men go home at 6:00.
Cab drivers, waiters, factory workers every man in the city is off the streets or off the job. See how fast they start to whine.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thanks, Jenny, that would most definitely keep the law abiding men off the streets. Women should be extremely safe at that point. *facepalm*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join