It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baroness Jenny Jones calls for 6pm curfew on all men in England after the murder of Sarah Everard

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What if I identify as a posh lady, can I still be outside?

Have you got a licence for that?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I shouldn't be, but I'm shocked that you or anyone would lower yourself to this level to make such an inane comment...

I'm shocked that people are using this poor woman's murder as a political tool.

...Just to protect men from themselves.

Yeah , a man does something so all men are bad , perhaps chemical castration is the only safe way to protect us from ourselves.
We should probably make it that only women can join the police force from now on as obviously men can't be trusted.
edit on 12-3-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The problem I see is that when these type of people raise a rancid twitter mob to threaten and abuse a mass of people for the actions of an individual, they call it "holding them to account".

But when they themselves get "held to account" they call it a deluge of misogynist comments.

Can't have it both ways and expect to get away with it....

As I said...welcome to 2021 Jenny.

edit on 1232021 by Tulpa because: Speeling

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Just be careful of Tubbs.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is just stupid talk. Nothing is an either/or situation. Extremes are not necessary. And I have never suggested as much.

I have, however, offered broader context, background and perspective, and stated (and provided examples) of middle ground and reasonable compromises and alternatives.

You had your say. I've had mine. And our words will stand on their own merit.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
If the women would just stay in their kitchens, none of this would even be happening.

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic.
But to stay on topic, no, women staying at home wouldn't solve the problem.
Around 60% of women who are murdered occurs in their own home by their partner/spouse.
This number has more than doubled (not in percentages obviously) over the last 12 months....or since the 'pandemic' started.

Link

Rainbows
Jane

edit on pm31America/ChicagoFriday2021-03-12T13:01:10-06:0001America/Chicago03000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Myra Hindley , Rose West, Beverly Allitt and Joanne Dennehy are just a few examples of women who have murdered (sometimes tortured first) people in my time.
No one would suggest that ALL women are like that.
It's ridiculous.

And Gortex is correct 100%. This Baroness has literally used the death of an innocent woman, at the hands of a POLICE man as a cheap, nasty way to score a few political points for her own purpose.
That's what I find to be so distasteful.

They've only just identified her remainsr for crying out loud.
edit on 1232021 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: bastion

Being able to prove you were the victim and not the aggressor could be an issue with reasonable force..

The murder rate in the US being four times higher, does that take into account per capita? I don’t really trust these stats most of the time. They are usually about pushing an agenda. If it does hold up do you believe it’s because they have guns and we don’t generally? Or do you think other factors might be a reason for the disparity?

Indeed,

Yeah it's the per capita adjustment taken from the avg of various sources. The non-adjusted total of the US is 18 times higher.
Source

Crime stats are highly innacurate in most areas due to the difference in crime classification and how they're recorded. They're regularly manipulated when reporting violent crime or sexual crime - I actively chose murder/intentional homicide stats as they have a universal definition.

Obviously crime is more complex an issue with lots of factors such as poverty, drugs, lack of mental health services etc...though there does seem to be the general trend that countries don't allow the active carrying of weapons in self defence.

Poland, Finland and Saudi have lower murder rates than the UK per capita and gun ownership is common so it's not a cut and dry 'more gun accesibility/ownership means more murder.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Lysergic

Just be careful of Tubbs.

I'm pretty sure I saw that guy in the bar scene in Star Wars: A New Hope

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

LoL

The League of Gentlemen was class all the same.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'll stop brushing my teeth to fit in.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I didn't know that... That's insane, I guess there are tons of couples that can't live with each other like couples should. Me and my wife live together (obviously), work together, go everywhere together, and before she started going in early, we also rode together. I can count on one hand the number of nasty arguments we've had over the past 8 years (two), and when those winter storms hit us last month and literally kept us "caged" in the house for a solid 8 days, we watched movies or tv, or played games. I've come to the conclusion that our secret is compromising. Any time we have a disagreement, we'll always compromise on the outcome and it always works out for us both, if it doesn't work out for one of us, we don't dwell on it.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
More than twice the amount of men are killed on UK streets than women. I always worried about my son when he went out than I did my daughters.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Makes sense.

Most men will still endeavour to come to the aid of a lady should she appear to be in peril or in need of assistance.

If that makes us chauvinists, well it's just how we were brought up.

Now, two dudes fighting, on the other hand, thats sport, or none of our concern, or if it is, it's probably because we are spectating. LoL

Men can be thickle bastards i suppose, but statistically we are far more dangerous to each other than we are towards woman.
edit on 12-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Great idea! Not. Just pen em all up so they get pissed off and beat their missus even more for those who are already inclined to do such things.

It is funny how it takes a pretty white girl to bring this to national attention though doncha think. Had a Pakistani girl here in Newmarket murdered last year and it barely made local news.

But the press aint racist here in the Uk, nope. Just an oversight.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ask Tommy Robinson how that works. He got strung up over snatching a nonce who grabbed his daughters bum in a swimming pool!

That's because the allegation was made up and later retracted.

Tommy Robinson is a woman beater and attacked police trying to stop him beating up his girlfriend so not the best example to use of men protecting women.
edit on 12-3-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Safety is an illusion if it is promised by anyone or anything other than you.

Truth.

When we rely on others to keep us safe, are we truly safe??

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace "MEN should be banned from streets in the UK after 6pm, according to a Green Party peer.

In the wake of Sarah Everard's disappearance from a London street, Baroness Jenny Jones told the House of Lords a night-time curfew for men would "make women a lot safer"."

What about a curfew for politicians? Make us all safer

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't get why you're so angry at the OP.

I'm angry because it's a very poorly written OP... and because it ignores the very crux of the matter. The Baroness' statement was not made in a vaccuum, but after very one-sided admonitions and instructions by authorities in a life and death matter.

Good Lord, Boadicea, are you triggered or what? It's just a God damned post by a member, for Christ sake! It's no better or worse than half the posts on this site. ATS is not exactly a paragon of virtue, insight, or intelligence, or hadn't you noticed?
OP provided ALL the information you needed and you're just angry you weren't spoon fed in a more delicate fashion. Get over yourself. This entire argument is of your own making and shows you true character.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Good Lord, Boadicea, are you triggered or what? It's just a God damned post by a member, for Christ sake! It's no better or worse than half the posts on this site. ATS is not exactly a paragon of virtue, insight, or intelligence, or hadn't you noticed?
OP provided ALL the information you needed and you're just angry you weren't spoon fed in a more delicate fashion. Get over yourself. This entire argument is of your own making and shows you true character.

Triggered... Good Lord indeed.

It's just a piss poor post by ATS own standards. And these piss poor excuses is why ATS has gone to hell in a handbasket. And whatever excuses you want to make for posts that aspire to mediocrity, I won't.

And I didn't need to be "spoonfed." I already knew more than either the OP or the article provided. And this is a discussion forum... it's actually expected that people will provide additional info and opinions.

But damn right this argument is of my own making. Someone had to make the argument. And I did. Of course it shows my true character. No apologies for that.

Just as it shows the true character of everyone who will mock, minimize and belittle violent crimes by men against women, and efforts to protect women, while refusing to do a damn thing about it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join