It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-term COVID-19 vaccine safety in an arguably dispiriting but reliable medical nutshell

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Amongst all the incessant noise, clutter and wild conspiracy theories about the vaccine process, if we need honest, reliable sources to contemplate COVID-19 vaccine safety (whether mRNA-based or not), this comment last month from the reputable medical source, The Lancet, concisely sets it out for us and provides food for thought:

Because of the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and the urgency to alleviate its impact, key vaccine development processes are still ongoing. Phase 4 trials (although not needed for licensure) have not been prioritised by the leading pharmaceutical companies: data for long-term safety and rare adverse reactions are, in effect, being gathered within the vaccinated population.

So, due to the emergency measures, we have all been invited to be participate in an ongoing Phase IV trial, with people monitoring us and taking notes for the foreseeable future. Of course, it is entirely possible that there will be no issues at all (eg autoimmunity, etc). But if there are, I think we can assume that this will have been the biggest public relations disaster in history. To put it mildly!

So it's up to you to decide a route: Wait a while, or go with the flow of the majority, a great many of whom will not be aware of the above info, which isn't surprising since it will hardly be shouted from the rooftops. Then again, if the vast majority of the public are eager for the jab - which seems to be the case in the UK - then it could be a moot point considering the acceptable percentages of vaccinated people required (usually around 70%) to consider such a campaign as successful.

Personally, I was all for having the jab until recently. Call me a Man or a Mouse, but my basic instinct is to wait perhaps a year to eighteen months after the public Phase IV started (ie early December 2020 in the UK). But my mind may change yet again...

'Conflicted' is the word...

So which route will YOU take?

If you've already had your first jab, and are happy to continue unabated, regale us with your effusive confidence!

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The Lancet article provided actually makes me more skeptical about the long term effects of the pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Is it supposed to put people at ease? I guess they want to get the truth out there for those who can understand it. To me, it seems that these mRNA vaccines have not been tested properly for long term immune response complications. The people saying they are safe and effective sure are not quoting science, they are not proven to be safe in the long term yet, maybe in a year they will. Even then, for some people they will not be safe in the short and moderate term criteria.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm really worried that I'm going to be forced to play Russian Roulette with these vaccines in order to lead a somewhat normal life and get medical treatment. I don't see why we are not going down the Ivermectin route, other than this being used to reduce the population, set up a full on dystopic control grid and make big pharma and political advisers a huge profit.

I read recently a presentation that basically shows that the vaccines actually create stronger variants that will become vaccine resistant, which is now being seen in the three countries that were doing trials.

eta:
the name of the Independent Vaccine Research Consultant is: G. Vanden Bossche, DVM, PhD

and he did a presentation at: Vaccines Summit Ohio 2021March 1-3, 2021 Ohio, USA titled

which was titled: Why should current Covid-19 vaccines not be used for mass vaccination during a pandemic?

eta2 his twitter page link

I have the pdf but have not been able to find a download source to link to (which says a lot if it has been scrubbed already)

eta3

edit on 8-3-2021 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

it seems that these mRNA vaccines have not been tested properly for long term

Let's hope the long term effects aren't Terminal

Life insurance won’t pay out for COVID vaccine related deaths

If you die from Coronavirus "vaccine" your life insurance won’t pay as it’s not a "vaccine" it’s an "experimental medical intervention"

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
not sure why it is saying I have exceeded the 4 hour window for editing as I have not even been up that long!!

Anyway, here is the vid that is not working from my above post

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Just posting to say I wont be having 'IT' and so I can follow.
Got my 'invitation' in the post last Saturday in the post. Waiting now for my local surgery to start calling me

"Let the mountain come to Mohammed" as the saying goes

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The story is we are desperate due to a pandemic and willing to risk any adverse reactions across the whole population from a new vaccine with no long term human testing, no liability and a history of animal deaths in order to ... what was it again? Save the economy ...that was stopped?
Save the elderly who were herded into death wards?
Keep the population from getting one very severe flu ...out of the many we face every year?

Add the fact that most large media outlets won't let one even discuss the pros and cons of the vaccines and it looks more and more like the conspiracy theorists were correctomundo all along.

Throw in the "coincidental" campaign to reset the world... that was mapped out years ago, along with patented viruses, and it makes one go "hmmmmm."

This scenario breeds paranoia ... and would even IF our leaders were historically honest and up front.

It IS weird, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

What are you afraid of?

If you don't think the vaccine will work, then don't have it.

It's just a vaccine.

One of two things will happen:

a It will work
b It wont work

It's not going to make you grow another arm.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
not sure why it is saying I have exceeded the 4 hour window for editing as I have not even been up that long!!

Anyway, here is the vid that is not working from my above post

Thank you for posting the video! Best and most informative I have watched through this whole vaccine debacle. I've shared it everywhere I can on my social media.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Watch the video and you might not be so blasé with your reply. Or have you watched it and still don't give two hoots?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have had my vaccine, the Pfizer one, I dont fully trust the vaccine. I believe that Covid 19 Iis a man-made manipulation of the SARS virus or some such Bio weapon that "escapped"

I took the vaccine due to seeing people who I know, suffering from Long Covid I believe that long covid is the real danger to us all
If the powers that be, wanted to kill everyone, using a vaccine, then maybe they would have permitted use for just one type
of vaccine and I think they would have started with the youngest in society, not the oldest nor sickest

The use of RNA is worrying the fact that all the vaccine manufacturers haven't done extensive trials is very worrying So we all can look at the vaccine problem in two ways Don't have it I firmly believe everyone should have the choice and not be forced coerced nor anything else
If, like myself, after reading and learning as much as i can, as a layperson, I decided to have it as seeing the devastation to the people I know with long Covid
The biggest problem I think we all have, is we cant find out the full truth about Covid we certainly can not trust any politicians I personally have to trust scientists, some of whom will work for companies that invented cyclone B or work on atom bombs yet i am hoping that they care enough to want to help humanity, at this juncture
We will probably never find out the full truth and that is the saddest and most worrying thing about humanity really
I wish more people on more sites such as this, discussed and debated as this is the only way we all learn towards a better future

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

There are a few things that bother me about the vaccine.

First off, the testing for Covid seems unreliable

Also, if you’ve already had the virus, why would you need the vaccine?

Too many unknowns, too rushed imo. I’m leaving it up to God for as long as I can!

edit on 8-3-2021 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

edit on 8/3/2021 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)
UK adverse reactions-
UK.Gov adverse reactions
edit on 8/3/2021 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I will let nature take its course. No trust! Everyone seems to have forgotten the Swine Flu immunizations (of '76) or the accusations against Bill Gates on His fine Humanitarian work (when it comes to immunizations).

NO TRUST!
edit on 8-3-2021 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

if you’ve already had the virus, why would you need the vaccine?

To give you better immunity. You might not have enough antibodies even if you've been previously infected. You could conceivably become infected and have mild symptoms then get reinfected later on and become really ill. The vaccine reduces the chances of that happening. More antibodies = more protection.

Too many unknowns, too rushed

Damn straight. No one heard of Covid-19 18 months ago. They don't have years of research to draw on. They had to do something fast before the gosh darn thing wiped us off the map. If not directly, by destroying the world economy.
edit on 8.3.2021 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I am like you waiting it out just to see what the ultimate long term results are.

However, I do that knowing all the while that say, 12 months from now, 10% or more could fall ill from the vaccine with half of those dying from adverse reactions and................none of us would ever know it because the MSM would never report it.

So I see this vaccine as a genuine crap shoot on 2 levels. 1) you cant reliably know what's in the vaccine and 2) you will probably never hear about the advserse effects.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawleyThey had to do something fast before the gosh darn thing wiped us off the map. If not directly, by destroying the world economy.

so they destroyed the world economy to save the world economy? great idea.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: astra001uk
I have had my vaccine, the Pfizer one, I dont fully trust the vaccine. I believe that Covid 19 Iis a man-made manipulation of the SARS virus or some such Bio weapon that "escapped"

It most likely escaped. It is highly unlikely man made. I think the most logical explanation is the Wuhan lab studying animal to human corona virus transmission is the place it came from. Man made, no. But they isolated a virus already in the wild and it leaked from there.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

originally posted by: CJCrawleyThey had to do something fast before the gosh darn thing wiped us off the map. If not directly, by destroying the world economy.

so they destroyed the world economy to save the world economy? great idea.

Not with you old chap.

The world economy is suffering as an unavoidable consequence of society trying to protect its citizens from the virus.

But I'm sure you knew that.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

What are you afraid of?

If you don't think the vaccine will work, then don't have it.

It's just a vaccine.

One of two things will happen:

a It will work
b It wont work

It's not going to make you grow another arm.

Where is your evidence that it won't make you grow another arm?
Actually, it is a joke but the way society is acting nowadays it is relevant policy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join