It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhattan Prosecutor Gets Trump Tax Records After Long Fight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Blueracer
So, no answer? Okay.

I answered you,

No, you did not.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: Snarl

Its obvious the establishment/deep state/call it what you want are here to make an example out of Trump.. They want him broke, they want him charged with crimes, they want him crippled and they want anyone with any connection to him to be destroyed too.. They want to make sure no one thinks twice of being the 'next' Trump 2.0

They can only charge him with crimes he has committed.

That's not how it works in the US.

People are frequently charged with crimes that didn't happen or when there is no proof of as leverage for a plea.

Aside from that there's a presumption of innocence even when charged. It is not a presumption that a crime has taken place or the person charged is guilty.

In theory you can only convict if there's been a crime, but you can charge on suspicion or even conjecture if there's sufficient political will.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No, you did not.

I don't think anyone is guilty until proven innocent. Do you have any more pedantic questions?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: jhn7537

And if the allegations of bank fraud and tax fraud turn out to be true, then what?

If they IRS approved his returns why would anything change? They already examined a copy of one of Trumps returns and he paid more taxes than Sanders. Just more propaganda for the dum dums.

edit on 25-2-2021 by Doctor Smith because: added

link   
I would be surprised if they find anything. They’ve had years to examine them and Correct any issues as well as people to leak them. Trump, like many other wealthy people have their taxes heavily examined both internally and by the IRS. If anything I think it will show he utilized the loopholes that were created and allowed by the tax laws.

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

And if the allegations of bank fraud and tax fraud turn out to be true, then what?

Like anyone, they should be charged with the crimes they committed if they committed them. But i feel the Manhattan DA/NY AG aren't working in good faith. I believe they are trying to find crimes verse investigating stuff that's already known/out there.

They are looking for one little thing to try to hang him with... given how complicated taxes
It is literally like throwing a gangster in jail over a speeding ticket. They don't have an real evidence of a crime, but seeking to find something they can charge him with just to do so.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

either they will find a crime to charge him with, or if it's like the Mueller SNAFU, they will waste lots of time and money to find out there is no "there" there. But at least it's NY taxpayer money, and there is way plenty of that, those folks pay more in just taxes than I pay for everything I own (by choice).

If they find nothing, it would be the funny kind of funny.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
If they IRS approved his returns why would anything change?

Did they? You have a link to where the audit Trump himself claimed is still ongoing is now over?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

" innocent until proven guilty" is a doctrine that only applies to juries. Of course prosecutors think the people they charge are guilty or else they wouldn't charge them. And, for the rest of us, we are free to think whatever we wish regarding someone's guilt/innocence; even after the jury verdict is in.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
If they IRS approved his returns why would anything change?

Did they? You have a link to where the audit Trump himself claimed is still ongoing is now over?

do you have a link proving that he actually is under Audit? (He lied once I heard)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
do you have a link proving that he actually is under Audit? (He lied once I heard)

I'm going by his numerous statements to that effect, but if you prefer, The Failing New York Times verified his claims.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: Blueracer

Of course prosecutors think the people they charge are guilty or else they wouldn't charge them.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I don't think that is always the case.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

2019 FBI Investigation: Cleared on all charges

Impeachment #1: failed to convict

Impeachment #2: Acquitted

Now Tax Records?

Good luck. LOL.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I don't think that is always the case.

And?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Cohen wasn't proven guilty. He took a guilty plea on multiple charges to minimize his sentence.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

They should attack him with the same zeal and equality under the law as they did with Bide-. . . wait, what?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
Cohen wasn't proven guilty. He took a guilty plea on multiple charges to minimize his sentence.

Accepting a plea deal is an admission of guilt, there is no difference under the law.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Those who are hopelessly infected with anti-Trump mental illness can't fathom Donald Trump having accountants doing his taxes since 1982.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Both liberals and conservatives have always been against tax fraud, and against the rich and powerful using loopholes to make money while little people like us play by the rules and get screwed over each tax year.

IF Trump committed tax fraud, and I say IF he genuinely did it then he should be made to pay whatever he owes without fear nor favor.

Tax laws are pretty strict and pretty specific, so if Trump is innocent it should be obvious and he won't be prosecuted. It's going to be hard for the liberals to fake it if he isn't guilty.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Those who are hopelessly infected with anti-Trump mental illness can't fathom Donald Trump having accountants doing his taxes since 1982.

Actually, I'm pretty certain that the majority of Anti-Trumpers absolutely believe that Trump doesn't do his own taxes, After all, this is the norm for most wealthy businessman.

Most probably don't think that he's smart enough to do them adequately.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join