It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhattan Prosecutor Gets Trump Tax Records After Long Fight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
Cohen wasn't proven guilty. He took a guilty plea on multiple charges to minimize his sentence.

Accepting a plea deal is an admission of guilt, there is no difference under the law.

Maybe, but in reality it is also a calculated risk and the government uses this to their advantage.... they threaten the defendant with ridiculous football number years in jail versus taking a plea and a few years. For many, it isn't worth the risk. Gee, 20 to 30 or 3 years and out on probation? Most are going to take the 3 years...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If he did something illegal fine punish him, I doubt they will get anything to really stick.

In fact I wouldnt be surprised once the but trump doesn't get much traction I expect he will pay a fine and it will be forgotten unless he decides to run again. (doubtful considering his age)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

My uncle retired from the IRS as the head of the litigation division. He taught me LEGAL loopholes that are amazing. Anyone who has not started a business would be wise to do so, and learn how the tax laws can help your entire family. Even if it's one of those part-time work-from-home businesses, you'll have the ability to improve your standard of living significantly.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It's more likely Cuomo will be indicted before Trump.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Actually all the tax records of the swamp creatures in the US should be made public, we should demand that, specially Hilary Clinton records from her laundering Foundation.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Both liberals and conservatives have always been against tax fraud...

This thread proves they're more against it when the other side does it and want to play apologist when theirs does.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Maybe...

It's not a maybe, a plea deal is the same thing as being convicted, you carry the conviction on your record. You are a convicted felon.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
TOR browser, Adrenochrome, Child torture. Much more interesting.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
If they IRS approved his returns why would anything change?

Did they? You have a link to where the audit Trump himself claimed is still ongoing is now over?

Well they did a investigation into his finances when he ran for president that was deeper than a audit hopes to be and cleared him didnt they? This is just NY trying to get back at Trump for dissing their Mayor and Gov.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Maybe...

It's not a maybe, a plea deal is the same thing as being convicted, you carry the conviction on your record. You are a convicted felon.

True. Generally you accept a plea deal to a much lesser crime than the one the person is accused of. So you're not guilty of A but accept a deal saying you're guilty for B. Which, doesn't prove you were guilty of A.

Anyhow, sure feels like a witch hunt. Probably because of the hundreds of failed witch hunts against Trump since he was elected. All we got are assumptions made by keyboard warriors. Many of the warriors who thought Trump was guilty of some made up "collusion" crime with Russia. And then some absurd quid pro quo with Ukraine. And a couple failed impeachment convictions. Pretty soon you can add this to that long long list.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Well they did a investigation into his finances when he ran for president that was deeper than a audit hopes to be and cleared him didnt they?

Who did? Cleared him of what?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Anyhow, sure feels like a witch hunt.

I guess we'll find out. But if he inflated the value of properties to obtain favorable loans and simultaneously understated them to get better tax rates that's the kind of stuff that would land you and me in prison.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I truly hope the Manhattan DA's office does something extraordinarily stoopid (like letting these leak) so Trump can sue them for everything the New York taxpayer is worth.

If the Grand Jury indicts Trump, which isn't difficult to get them to do as we all know, they'll end up being public record so I'd be surprised if they leaked them ahead of time.

Indictments are easy to get, which is somewhat a failure of the system because the burden of proof is relatively loose to nonexistent...Most folks will have to plead guilty because it's financially impossible to fight charges (/tangent).

Most documents that are sensitive are under seal anyway. I would say a protective order would be the first thing filed in such a case.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zachsquatch
Indictments are easy to get, which is somewhat a failure of the system because the burden of proof is relatively loose to nonexistent...

Grand Juries don't deal with burden of proof, the deal with probable cause.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's not like this investigation came out of nowhere. This all goes back to Trump paying off women with hush-money. During Cohen's Congressional hearing he claimed that Trump was doing exactly what this investigation is all about.

In 2019 Deutsche Bank was subpoenaed for and provided documents related to their decades long dealings with Trump. Vance actually tried to get these current tax records at the same time but the Supreme Court said it would have to wait until after Trump left office.

So it's not like this is a surprise in anyway. This is based on claims made by Trump's own lawyer under oath and is an investigation that has been ongoing for years.

So stop acting like this is some witch hunt. (Not the OP) The DA has enough evidence to pursue this case and has been building his case for at least two years.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: Snarl

Its obvious the establishment/deep state/call it what you want are here to make an example out of Trump.. They want him broke, they want him charged with crimes, they want him crippled and they want anyone with any connection to him to be destroyed too.. They want to make sure no one thinks twice of being the 'next' Trump 2.0

They can only charge him with crimes he has committed.

Why is that, Trump has been charged with everything the Democrats could think up? Guilt or innocence seems to have no barring on the case.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The butchers of NY wants to take the attention away from them that is what is all about, sorry Coumo you are already been disgraced.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Now prosecutors are going to piss away millions of dollars reading millions of pages.

Who'zzz the joke on again? 🤣

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

When your own lawyer implicates you in a crime while under oath, I think the authorities are going to investigate.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Vance has been actively trying to get these records for at least two years. It has nothing to do with Cuomo.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join