It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lordy, They're Going to Have Witnesses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

And let me be as #ing crystal #ing clear as I can be here, If Trump personally conversed with people about breaking things, hurting police, or doing damage to the Capitol, he needs to be tried in a criminal court and arrested.

Okay, but this isn't a criminal trial, it's an impeachment trial.
Which is completely unconstitutional because Trump ain’t prez anymore...

Oh well.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Nivhk

I would like Pelosi to answer, as an elected official, with no records of officials being harmed on that day, why she thought it'd be okay to leave an unprotected source of documentation as she ran.

Who were the men that raided her office before the protesters were let into the Capitol.

They broke down her locked door. Her "sensitive material" was locked inside her office.

But yeah, let's get her to testify about it.

She probably should have moved her sensitive materials to another location after she decided to let Capitol police go it alone when she was offered use of the National Guard.

It's everyone else that had property stolen and damaged that should rightfully be outraged....with her.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Sound like Nancy may have to “fortify” her testimony with more “proof”

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Boy. I hope they can find the person(s) Trump explicitly told to destroy it all on his behalf.

Then they’ll win!

edit on 13-2-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, let them call in the DC Mayor and ask her why she didn't want the National Guard lining city streets, just in case Trump incited a riotous insurrection.

Supposedly, the press has said that everyone *knew* there was a credible risk of something happening that day. So why did the DC mayor refuse? The president himself offered it, she turned it down, even in the face of credible intelligence?! What kind of sense does that make?

So I guess the answer question is why?

Was this a case of Democrats LIHOP?

It sounds like both the mayor and Pelosi refused the help of National Guard when Trump offered. They are both going to be called in as witnesses, I imagine.

Isn't it interesting how this McCarthy development has opened the door to call them as witnesses? All based on another reported 'leak' to the media that Democrats bit on.

edit on 2/13/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Actually it is a list of 301 witnesses. It is called being prepared. This is how REAL courts work....they were prepared for this to happen and Graham warned the dems.....

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What is LIHOP, a liberal pancake house?

So why did the DC mayor refuse?

Get her to testify, but I believe she'll say that the Capitol is not her jurisdiction, neither is the National Mall. Trump's permit extended to the Capitol, but not the streets of DC.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What is LIHOP, a liberal pancake house?

So why did the DC mayor refuse?

Get her to testify, but I believe she'll say that the Capitol is not her jurisdiction, neither is the National Mall. Trump's permit extended to the Capitol, but not the streets of DC.

Trump’s fault. Got it....

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

And let me be as #ing crystal #ing clear as I can be here, If Trump personally conversed with people about breaking things, hurting police, or doing damage to the Capitol, he needs to be tried in a criminal court and arrested.

Okay, but this isn't a criminal trial, it's an impeachment trial.

Yes, Sookie, I am well aware of the fact that this is nothing more than political theater. The point I tried to make, to no avail, is that if Trump did what is being stated, and he's guilty, then holding a political dinner theater is quite possibly the single dumbest #ing thing I can imagine, and suggested that rather than promote Eric Swalowswell's need to be seen as a masculine role model, legally punishing a person who caused an INSURRECTION of my nation is the only direction this should go. It's a real crime, and Trump is a civilian now, he can be tried in a court of law.

It's both funny and sad to watch you argue with no clue of direction or understanding of your position.
edit on 13-2-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Gosh though ... how much easier to call in ready help from the Nat. Guard if they had been right there in DC that day instead of not even deployed?

Let's see ... I'm in the Capitol building and people are trying to force their way in and we have National Guard standing guard a few blocks over ... as opposed to no Nat. Guard anywhere ready to go.

Not only that, but if you're someone thinking about forcing your way into the building, how much less likely are you to do it if you know those Nat. Guard troops are standing there a few blocks away?

This is like the Benghazi rationale to not scramble anyone to help because it would take hours ... well, if they'd had the Guard in DC as was offered, it would have taken minutes.

A much easier fix for 1/6/21 would have been for the Capitol police to not just let them in! You do know that Congress has the authority over the Capitol police don't you? Hmmm, wonder who told them to just let them in?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
The Facts are plain and simple .
This is another SHAM impeachment.
TRUMP is no longer the POTUS.
DUMB DEMS are wasting time and taxpayer dollars on this BS.
They should be spending their time on REUNITING the Country as was promised by BIDEN.
Now they back paddle into some more BS that is worthless to WE THE PEOPLE.
Congress Should Be Disbanded for their Stupidity alone.
No wonder we got 2 POS for President and VP thanks to people like Yourself.

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump offered the mayor the use of the National Guard BEFORE the rally. That proves Trump did not 'intend' to incite an insurrection. The House must prove intent and they can't.

Case closed.

The DC Mayor has no authority over the Capitol or Capitol Police or its policing. The DC Mayor, as I understand, did decline the National Guard in the city streets in preparation for Jan 6th.

Maybe we’ll actually get some facts out of this.

Trump was POTUS when he was impeached.

This happened in his watch.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I can't wait to get Pelosi on the stand and see how she answers those questions.

What questions would you like to see Nancy Pelosi asked and answer?

Did you order the Capitol police to stand by and let the Capitol building be entered?

That's the first question, I'd ask. Congress has authority over Capitol police.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

It is a farce and you bloody well know it but your obsession with get trump wont let you admit it.

they could have censured him and moved on and maybe gotten things done... they could have voted on the 14th and probably gotten him that way with no ill effects but they wanted a public beating, and when that doesnt work they will go with the 14th looking like children throwing a tantrum.

They are blowing all their political capital with the independents that got biden in office on something that will ultimately mean nothing even if they "convicted" him.

What makes it even more obnoxious is now we have republicans saying if they take control in the mid terms, a real possibility they will immediately bring articles of impeachment against Biden and Harris.

HOW is this helping our country???

in WHAT way does this unify anything or anyone?

This is pure political propaganda.

UM.,,,not to break open the piñata too early, but if Republican's have control of the house, and the Speaker of the House is republican then removing both the President and VP would lead to the number 3 person, being the president. Which I think would be the speaker of the House. So there is that. Thanks Democrats for showing us a way forward!

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

What did she know about what? That Trump would incite people to invade the Capitol building to murder her?

Wow, thick would be a compliment here. What she knew about a violent group planning to do what the violent group did, during the speech Trump gave that the idiot left seems to think prompted this group that planned their actions days before. (which from a logical perspective seems to make me smile)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

She probably should have moved her sensitive materials to another location after she decided to let Capitol police go it alone when she was offered use of the National Guard.

What other location?

Did Nancy Pelosi personally reject having the National Guard on standby for Jan 6th? Didn't Mitch McConnel share equal security responsivities with the Speaker?

I don't know. Let's hope the truth comes out.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What did she know about what? That Trump would incite people to invade the Capitol building to murder her?

Wow, thick would be a compliment here. What she knew about a violent group planning to do what the violent group did, during the speech Trump gave that the idiot left seems to think prompted this group that planned their actions days before. (which from a logical perspective seems to make me smile)

I doubt that Pelosi was monitoring Trump's rally, let alone his speech on Jan6th. She was busy doing her constitutional duty of counting the Electoral Votes.

edit on 13-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Witnesses... BLM Sullivan and his CNN accomplice.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What other location?

Did Nancy Pelosi personally reject having the National Guard on standby for Jan 6th? Didn't Mitch McConnel share equal security responsivities with the Speaker?

I don't know. Let's hope the truth comes out.

Yes, on this we finally agree. I want ALL of it to come out. Every last little part.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Neither one has any say, the Capitol Police are directed by a board consisting of the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives, the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate, and the Architect of the Capitol.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I disagree with you on that. I think the whole world is watching how America deals the events of Jan 6th, and impeachment is an important part of the US government handles these kinds of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join