It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lordy, They're Going to Have Witnesses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Securing the city streets with the National Guard isn't the same as securing the Capitol. Trump's rally was at the National Mall, also not under the jurisdiction of the DC Mayor.

The National Mall is a landscaped park within the National Mall and Memorial Parks, an official unit of the United States National Park System.

www.nps.gov...

Also, Trump got a permit for his rally to extend to The Capitol, not to the streets of DC.

edit on 13-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

I can't wait to get Pelosi on the stand and see how she answers those questions.

What questions would you like to see Nancy Pelosi asked and answer?

what did she know, and when did she know it? Then how did she use that information to further her political goals, while ignoring the danger she, and others knew was coming. You know, junk like that.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What did she know about what? That Trump would incite people to invade the Capitol building to murder her?

link   
I’d call Sullivan and Tario to the stand first....

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The vice president and president are always taken away from any conflict swiftly, even though it is not a real threat. That practice has been going on for centuries.

Sheldon Whitehouse has asserted that Trump's lawyer lied when he said that Trump was never informed Pence was in danger. I believe Trump's lawyer here. Pence was never really in danger, therefore the president wasn't informed of said danger, because the VP always has a battalion of armed Secret Service agents and tons of protocol that prevents him from being as close to harm as they would like us to believe.

Anyone who is being overly assertive in close proximity of the president or vice president will get shot. That has always been the rule. I watched Trump's speach, he said he liked Pence, but just liked him a little less because of what he did. He in no way directed anyone to go after Pence, since when does saying what he said put a target on Pence's back. I am sure some loose cannon might interpret it wrong, but that person would have to be delusional like some of the High ranking Democrats in the house are.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Oh and I have to ask, is this the part where the Senate shows us how well they can "walk and chew gum" at the same time? I seem to remember opposition to all this due to them having a few other things to do, but apparently, they aren't all that important to the running of the nation.

perhaps after this, we can revisit their usefulness and see if we really need all the government we have now.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Say it ain’t so!

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think pro Trump witnesses will be very interesting.

I don’t think they’ll be doing him any favors though.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump offered the mayor the use of the National Guard BEFORE the rally. That proves Trump did not 'intend' to incite an insurrection. The House must prove intent and they can't.

Case closed.

The DC Mayor has no authority over the Capitol or Capitol Police or its policing. The DC Mayor, as I understand, did decline the National Guard in the city streets in preparation for Jan 6th.

Maybe we’ll actually get some facts out of this.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

What did she know about what? That Trump would incite people to invade the Capitol building to murder her?

What did she know about violent nutters planning to storm the capitol. You are aware that the FBI had gathered the intel on all that days prior. (Which does offer a strange rendition of events where Trump's January 6th speech is to be the cause of the insurrection that was planned days earlier.

And let me be as #ing crystal #ing clear as I can be here, If Trump personally conversed with people about breaking things, hurting police, or doing damage to the Capitol, he needs to be tried in a criminal court and arrested. If you can't find that he did that, eventually, the TDS will wear off, and even you will see how stupid this is.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I hope they figure out a way to squeeze in some Election Integrity experts. President Trump wasn't just talking for the heck of it, when he warned about a rigged election.

Even today, a whopping 42% of Americans believe Joe Biden cheated to win.

I believe it’s more than 42%

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would like Pelosi to answer, as an elected official, with no records of officials being harmed on that day, why she thought it'd be okay to leave an unprotected source of documentation as she ran.

Who were the men that raided her office before the protesters were let into the Capitol.

And has she found her laptop or even apologized for condemning a young woman as a scapegoat for being unfit for her job in keeping sensitive material secure.

Edit: I want the CCTV footage. None of this Epstein level incompetence. "The cameras broke. But we have the video of protesters!"
edit on 2/13/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And let me be as #ing crystal #ing clear as I can be here, If Trump personally conversed with people about breaking things, hurting police, or doing damage to the Capitol, he needs to be tried in a criminal court and arrested.

Okay, but this isn't a criminal trial, it's an impeachment trial.
edit on 13-2-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Securing the city streets with the National Guard isn't the same as securing the Capitol. Trump's rally was at the National Mall, also not under the jurisdiction of the DC Mayor.

The National Mall is a landscaped park within the National Mall and Memorial Parks, an official unit of the United States National Park System.

www.nps.gov...

Let's look at where this is all really leading...

During an appearance on Fox's Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo, Meadows was asked about the attack on the Capitol, and what he knew "in terms of the threat and what was done about it."

Meadows attacked the upcoming impeachment trial as unconstitutional and an act of "political vengeance" by Democrats who just want to have a "viral moment" in front of the cameras, before proceeding to blame the Mayor of Washington D.C., Pelosi, and Democrats in Congress for the slow response by the National Guard to assist the Capitol Police.

BARTIROMO: So you say that the president had offered up Capitol Police, National Guard, even went to the Department of Defense?

MEADOWS: Yeah, and so we also know that in January, but also throughout the summer, that the president was very vocal in making sure that we had plenty of National Guard, plenty of additional support because he supports our rule of law and supports our law enforcement and offered additional help.

Even in January, that was given, as many as 10,000 National Guard troops were told to be on the ready by the secretary of defense. That was a direct order from president Trump, and yet here is what we see, all kinds of blame going around but yet not a whole lot of accountability. That accountability needs to rest with where it ultimately should be, and that’s on Capitol Hill.

Bartiromo asked Meadows about Pelosi's response to a reporter, who asked her about Lindsey Graham's empty threat to "bring in the FBI" if the Democrats want to have witnesses during the impeachment trial, calling it a "waste of time." Meadows again insisted that everything was done properly on their end, and Meadows again tried to lay the blame for the completely inadequate response at the feet of Pelosi, a tactic that was broadcast by Lindsey Graham on Fox a couple of weeks ago.

MEADOWS: Well, that's what Speaker Pelosi does when she can't answer a question. She says it's a waste of time because the answer would not be one that would be one that she would want to share with the American people.

I can tell you that when we look at Washington, DC, the Capitol Police, many of them are my friends. I can tell you they do a tremendous job, but they need to be empowered to do that job, and there were plenty of assets there to assist them in their efforts.

And some of those decisions weren't made appropriately, in my opinion, and those decisions did not come from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, it came from the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue.

The McCarthy development means the Defense will call Pelosi as a witness.

edit on 2/13/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

I would like Pelosi to answer, as an elected official, with no records of officials being harmed on that day, why she thought it'd be okay to leave an unprotected source of documentation as she ran.

Who were the men that raided her office before the protesters were let into the Capitol.

They broke down her locked door. Her "sensitive material" was locked inside her office.

But yeah, let's get her to testify about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The Facts are plain and simple .
This is another SHAM impeachment.
TRUMP is no longer the POTUS.
DUMB DEMS are wasting time and taxpayer dollars on this BS.
They should be spending their time on REUNITING the Country as was promised by BIDEN.
Now they back paddle into some more BS that is worthless to WE THE PEOPLE.
Congress Should Be Disbanded for their Stupidity alone.
No wonder we got 2 POS for President and VP thanks to people like Yourself.

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump offered the mayor the use of the National Guard BEFORE the rally. That proves Trump did not 'intend' to incite an insurrection. The House must prove intent and they can't.

Case closed.

The DC Mayor has no authority over the Capitol or Capitol Police or its policing. The DC Mayor, as I understand, did decline the National Guard in the city streets in preparation for Jan 6th.

Maybe we’ll actually get some facts out of this.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It is a farce and you bloody well know it but your obsession with get trump wont let you admit it.

they could have censured him and moved on and maybe gotten things done... they could have voted on the 14th and probably gotten him that way with no ill effects but they wanted a public beating, and when that doesnt work they will go with the 14th looking like children throwing a tantrum.

They are blowing all their political capital with the independents that got biden in office on something that will ultimately mean nothing even if they "convicted" him.

What makes it even more obnoxious is now we have republicans saying if they take control in the mid terms, a real possibility they will immediately bring articles of impeachment against Biden and Harris.

HOW is this helping our country???

in WHAT way does this unify anything or anyone?

This is pure political propaganda.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
As I have said, let's see the footage from before the "mob" got there.

You agree the media edits clips to their favor.

CCTV should be 24/7.

Who had access to her office that day? There are many questions that could be answered from simply allowing us to see the security footage.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, let them call in the DC Mayor and ask her why she didn't want the National Guard lining city streets, just in case Trump incited a riotous insurrection.

Supposedly, the press has said that everyone *knew* there was a credible risk of something happening that day. So why did the DC mayor refuse? The president himself offered it, she turned it down, even in the face of credible intelligence?! What kind of sense does that make?

So I guess the answer question is why?

Was this a case of Democrats LIHOP?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
It was okay during the summer of love for governors, mayors, to refuse help, because it was sticking it to Trump.

Same reason it was rejected here, unfortunately it's coming back to bite them in their spiteful ass.

edit on 2/13/2021 by Nivhk because: N and M are too close for comfort.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join